Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 flyaway
1234Next >
6730 136 2016-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
issyrocks2020

Hello, I recentally had my Phantom 4 fly away, It took off and I haven't been able to recover it. I was about to land it then lost connection, it then flew over the trees and I lost sight of it. I had just bought it 11 days before this occured.
I have looked at other posts about this and apprently the flight log is helpful to diagnose it. From what I can see from it, the drone was at 25ft then lost connection and when it reconnected it was at 9,700ft?!?!?! That doesn't seem right.

If anyone could look at this and shed some light on this problem that would be awesome!

If anyone from DJI sees this, my ticket number is #312233

Thanks

2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

I'm sorry for your loss, Things like this are caused by something not being right. Since you already started a ticket, the data analysis team will review your flight from your synced flight records.
I will also look at your flight to see if I see anything unusual.
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

I cannot view your flight, you need to sync the flight records int the app.
The instructions are in your ticket and were emailed to you.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 02:42
I cannot view your flight, you need to sync the flight records int the app.
The instructions are in  ...

The weird part is none of my flight logs are showing up anymore, I grabbed that log as soon as I realized it flew away but now they don't show up. I have tried pulling them off the server but still no dice, this leads me to believe even more that I had a faulty product. Did you click the link I used above?
EDIT: Wording
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 03:00
The weird part is none of my flight logs are showing up anymore, I grabbed that log as soon as I re ...

DJI cannot use the link, we use the flight data from the app when you sync to the server.
The only way your flights would not be synced to the server is if you deleted the DJI GO app and did not sync the flight records.
Can you please post a screenshot of the flight record page.
If you use multiple devices then sync all of them and the flights will be stored in the cloud.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 03:13
DJI cannot use the link, we use the flight data from the app when you sync to the server.
The only ...

I probably didn't sync them, the list is empty. There is no way you guys can use it? That doesn't make sense, mind elaborating?
2016-6-24
Use props
brickard
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

brickard Posted at 2016-6-25 03:17
That little soldier was WAY up there! Sorry you lost your bird...

Thanks, hope I can get a new one seems like a factory issue since it was less than a month old
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 03:14
I probably didn't sync them, the list is empty. There is no way you guys can use it? That doesn't m ...

If you didn't sync them then sync them now. If you did not delete the app then the flight logs are in you phone/tablet.
You should be able to see your flights and play them right in the flight records.
Are you saying you did not delete the app and you see nothing there in the records?
If you cannot produce any flight record then I'm not sure what they can do for you. BUT I am not in that department so I cannot say what they will or won't do.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 03:32
If you didn't sync them then sync them now. If you did not delete the app then the flight logs are ...

Correct I didn't delete the app and the flight records do not show up. My question remains, why can't they use that thing? They can download the log right from that. You can also see from that there is a major problem if the drone thinks it was that high and got there so fast, you can also see that the trim on the drone during that time was astronomical.
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 03:37
Correct I didn't delete the app and the flight records do not show up. My question remains, why can ...

DJI uses it's own software to analyze the flight.
If you lost the aircraft and there's nothing recorded in the app, how did you generate the CSV file ?And your aircraft did not climb to 9,700ft. It's only capable of 1640ft in altitude.
It went from 24ft to 9,700 in 15 seconds, cannot happen.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 03:42
DJI uses it's own software to analyze the flight.
If you lost the aircraft and there's nothing rec ...

I grabbed the txt file from the app then converted it to a dat and uploaded it, that's what I saw people doing on the other threads.

Btw thanks for your help and time Ken, I wish this company and other companies had more people like you.
2016-6-24
Use props
Flying Biscuit
New

United States

brickard Posted at 2016-6-25 03:17
That little soldier was WAY up there! Sorry you lost your bird...

Flight Mode Set to Atti:Set flight mode to GPS for safer flight

wonder if this is where things went wrong..
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

Flying Biscuit Posted at 2016-6-25 03:48
Flight Mode Set to Atti:Set flight mode to GPS for safer flight

wonder if this is where things we ...

Notice how it switched off then back on again rapidly serveral times, didn't change it.
2016-6-24
Use props
Flying Biscuit
New

United States

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 03:54
Notice how it switched off then back on again rapidly serveral times, didn't change it.

Lots of trees in the area?
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 03:44
I grabbed the txt file from the app then converted it to a dat and uploaded it, that's what I saw  ...

No problem, we're here to assist.
I don't know why you cannot see any flight records in the app. DJI uses the aircraft to determine what happened and what the cause was. If the aircraft is lost then they use the flight data from the app.
If that is missing then I would think there's nothing they can do.
You have you CSV file in your ticket, it's up to them to decide if they can do anything from that.
So you have to wait and see what they say.

2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 03:59
No problem, we're here to assist.
I don't know why you cannot see any flight records in the app. D ...

Ok kinda what I expected, do you think it will have any impact that I had the drone for just under 2 weeks, it seems absurd that it would have a problem in that time and not be covered under warranty. I know you guys can't technically use it but can you look at the CSV and tell me what you think about it?
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 04:01
Ok kinda what I expected, do you think it will have any impact that I had the drone for just under ...

Honestly, I would think that if you did not have a flight record then they would not be able to do anything.
With the flight record, they see your account and serial number for the aircraft and camera so they know it's yours.
In your file I don't see any data like that.
But again, you need to wait and see what they say as I only provide technical support and have nothing to do with the other departments.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 04:07
Honestly, I would think that if you did not have a flight record then they would not be able to do ...

Ok, thank you, is there anything that could help my case (other than the log)
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 04:11
Ok, thank you, is there anything that could help my case (other than the log)

No, I don't think so. I will email the data analysis department and tell them that you are being totally civil about it. That's the only assistance I can offer.
Also, email your proof of purchase as they will need that for sure.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 04:13
No, I don't think so. I will email the data analysis department and tell them that you are being to ...

Hey thank you again! I actually bought the drone on amazon but I have included he proof of purchase in the ticket
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

Flying Biscuit Posted at 2016-6-25 03:56
Lots of trees in the area?

Yup lots of trees but I was above hem almost all of the time.

Except for the time when it was at 9000 ft that was the only time it was below the trees /s
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 04:41
Hey thank you again! I actually bought the drone on amazon but I have included he proof of purchas ...

Perfect, I hope they can help you out.
Take care.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-25 05:05
Perfect, I hope they can help you out.
Take care.

Me too! Have a nice day!
2016-6-24
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you want to get an understanding of what happened go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

If you are using an Android phone or tablet, the flight records are in Internal Storage/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord
They are all txt files and the file name includes the date.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident and perhaps point you to a likely area to search for the Phantom.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-25 06:32
If you want to get an understanding of what happened go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upl ...

lol you're late to the party, I already posted it and someone analyzed it. I also don't think you understand my problem. thanks though
2016-6-24
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 07:00
lol you're late to the party, I already posted it and someone analyzed it. I also don't think you u ...

OK mindreader ... if you don't want any help.
Good luck dealing with DJI.  Don't expect any explanation you can learn from with them.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-25 07:09
OK mindreader ... if you don't want any help.
Good luck dealing with DJI.  Don't expect any explan ...

Sorry that did come off a bit harsh, my apologizes. I would rather a new drone than an explaination lol
2016-6-24
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 07:20
Sorry that did come off a bit harsh, my apologizes. I would rather a new drone than an explaination ...

Do what you like .. I don't care .
I was offering to help you find out what happened.
If you can't learn from the experience the incident is completely wasted for you and the flying community.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-25 07:25
Do what you like .. I don't care .
I was offering to help you find out what happened.
If you can't ...

http://www.phantomhelp.com//LogViewer/8PPR4JXD31JH38I3OY6V Gets interesting near the end
2016-6-24
Use props
labroides
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 07:29
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8PPR4JXD31JH38I3OY6V/ Gets interesting near the end

There's evidence of malfunction from 13:50 with Speed Error warnings and GPS errors.
The indicated flight path and position from that point is not reliable.
The big distance jump around 15 mins equates to a speed of 330 mph which clearly is not possible.

Your best solution from here is to upload your flight record to DJI and go to DJI online help:
http://www.dji.com/support.
Click on online help and see how you go with them.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-6-25 07:43
There's evidence of malfunction from 13:50 with Speed Error warnings and GPS errors.
The indicated ...

Ok thanks for your help! I have already provided the log to support! In your opinion does it look like a problem with the drone or user error?
2016-6-24
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 07:51
Ok thanks for your help! I have already provided the log to support! In your opinion does it look l ...

Sorry for your loss mate,,, I would be seriously upset if this happened to me. Looks like an issue for DJI to resolve.
BUT
WOW the speed this baby is suddenly travelling makes it into the UFO status.  
Guess maybe an alien got on board and took over. I wonder if DJI have an ALIEN clause in their warranty.

2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

United States

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-6-25 08:48
Sorry for your loss mate,,, I would be seriously upset if this happened to me. Looks like an issue ...

"If extra-terrestrial beings commandeer your drone, DJI is not liable for the drone or any damage it causes."
2016-6-24
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.4
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 08:57
"If extra-terrestrial beings commandeer your drone, DJI is not liable for the drone or any damage  ...

Do you have that in writing from DJI Ha Ha Ha

Seriously, going by the logs I saw there can be no other coarse other than a replacement.
2016-6-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-6-25 11:05
Do you have that in writing from DJI Ha Ha Ha

Seriously, going by the logs I saw there can be no  ...

Study up on what a Warranty means, it means a purchased item will be repaired or replaced if it is determined that the object was faulty due to a manufacturing defect.

As no real conclusion can be drawn from the flight log, which is the only available evidence, there is no clear proof that there was a manufacturing defect.

It is entirely up to DJI in this case as to whether they offer any recompense to the owner, however what he does have in his favour is that DJI are often extremely generous in their offers.

2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

Geebax Posted at 2016-6-25 09:33
Study up on what a Warranty means, it means a purchased item will be repaired or replaced if it is ...

Well for $1300 I really hope I can get a replacement. I think the log is pretty clear that there is a malfunction. Question: what other info can I provide, the drone flew off
2016-6-24
Use props
interceptorx5
lvl.4
Australia

issyrocks2020 Posted at 2016-6-25 09:38
Well for $1300 I really hope I can get a replacement. I think the log is pretty clear that there is ...

I have to agree with you, the logs that you have put here clearly indicate that you could not have done the speed errors, and lets face it, the drone cannot go that speed and the height that it suddenly got to,  WOW.

Where did you buy it from, I would take it back together with the logs. Why bother with DJI.
Here in Australia we have pretty strict retail laws and with your logs I am sure you would win.

Good luck        
2016-6-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-6-25 13:11
I have to agree with you, the logs that you have put here clearly indicate that you could not have ...

Good, remind me to employ you the next time I need a lawyer. And in Australia, if you took it back to where you bought it along with the logs, they would simply send the whole lot back to DJI, they would not give you another aircraft on the spot.
2016-6-24
Use props
issyrocks2020

interceptorx5 Posted at 2016-6-25 11:11
I have to agree with you, the logs that you have put here clearly indicate that you could not have ...

I'm in the US. If I don't have luck with DJI I'll go somewhere else. Technically if they don't honor their [Removed] I'll keep you posted
2016-6-24
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules