Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
apple vision 2 app pulled? Why? What now? No support?
12Next >
10993 75 2016-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbplunkett1
New
United States

Vision 2 apple app no longer available?  Please explain!!!!

2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The Vision app has been temporarily removed for some maintenance. It will be made available again soon.
2016-6-24
Use props
user5a05275956
New

United States

When do you expect it to return?
2016-6-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Interesting that DJI have pulled this now, it has long been an issue for many (not all, but many) to have their RE's bricked and up to this point their response was to have you send it in, never acknowledging any kind of issue. ..Just send it in and we will fix it!?!..FIX WHAT?
I am pretty disappointed it has taken them this long to do something about it, still not acknowledging a problem, simply "the Vision app has been temporarily removed for some maintenance. "..
I have two RC's and two RE's and am running a much earlier version Vision ap 1.0.48 without any issues,
Ironically, i have picked up a second iphone 6S+, downloaded the Vision app and had the newer version 1.058 on it which i promptly deleted it and will load the 1.048 to it via my iTunes.
There are numerous other threads on bricke range extenders etc....
c'mon DJI, get your act together!
2016-6-26
Use props
tocagle
lvl.1

United States

Just make the old app available and let's install it.  My issues started when the RE went into automatic upgrade.  It was working fine before that; now, the Phantom will not connect to it.

2016-6-26
Use props
tocagle
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-24 23:11
The Vision app has been temporarily removed for some maintenance. It will be made available again so ...

How soon will it be made available again?
2016-6-26
Use props
tocagle
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-24 23:11
The Vision app has been temporarily removed for some maintenance. It will be made available again so ...

That seems a bit of a long time to fix this issue doesn't it?
2016-6-27
Use props
lipfordb
lvl.1

United States

I upgraded the app to version 1.0.58 on my Ipod before knowing all this was happening. When I first tried the app, I got a message that the RE needed to be upgraded and it would take about a minute. Upon trying to fly the drone, there was no camera connection. I went through the usual procedures, firmware upgrades, rebinding, etc. I began to notice something interesting. I now have two SSIDs for the Phantom in my internet connection on the Ipod. I got in touch with support, and they don't seem to have a clue
2016-6-27
Use props
lipfordb
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-25 12:11

I can understand about a problem with the app, but what about all the Range Extenders that have been ruined?
2016-6-27
Use props
lipfordb
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-6-26 22:24
Interesting that DJI have pulled this now, it has long been an issue for many (not all, but many) to ...

Once app 1.0.58 has been used, it ruins the Range Extender. Erasing it in Itunes and going back to an earlier version does no good at all.
2016-6-27
Use props
Kontakta.anders
New

Sweden

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 13:14
It will be available on the APP store one and a half months from now. Please kindly note.

I bought my first drone just a couple of Days ago, it is a used Dji Phantom 2 vision +. I was going to take my first droneflight yesterday but i couldnt because of the lack of app for Apple. And now Dji are telling me that they Dji Wont fix the App until my vacation is over ??? Is this the way Dji are treating their customers i wont defenetly NOT buy drone from Dji when it is time to buy a new better one. I thought Dji was a serious Company but it seems like the are not.....
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kontakta.anders Posted at 2016-6-27 23:12
I bought my first drone just a couple of Days ago, it is a used Dji Phantom 2 vision +. I was goin ...

I'm sorry for the IOS inconvenience, you are free to use the Android app.
And DJI is a very serious company and that's what they are the largest drone manufacture in the world with hundreds of thousands of aircraft being sold every year.
I am sorry that you are experiencing this.For those who already have the Vision all they do not have any issues. Also, if yoyu deleted it you can possibly restore the app from your purchased history through iTunes by connecting your device to your computer.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tocagle@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-27 20:04
DJI-Paladin says it will be 6 weeks before the app is available.  That seems a bit of a long time  ...

The time frame may also be taking Apple's app approval time into consideration, as that can be a lengthy process in of itself.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tocagle@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-27 20:01
one and a half months from now?  You've go to be kidding?  So, I have a Phantom that's useless for t ...

If you have an Android device, the Vision app would still be available for download.
2016-6-27
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-6-27 09:19
The time frame may also be taking Apple's app approval time into consideration, as that can be a l ...

1.0.48 was working perfectly, why the change to make it not work to have to pull it from the Apple Store?

You should publish 1.0.48 on your site and make it downloadable.
You should set up a hot line to get a working exchanged RE out to all who need it. Free of charge and expedite it.
Or you should send everyone an android phone/tablet to everyone for free with a working RE....after all, you buggered it up!
Or you should offer up a free exchange for a P3S or an upgrade path for a P3A..PRONTO!!

As Ken said, you are the worlds largest drone manufacturer and are a serious company....let's see how serious you really are..This is prime flying season in many parts of the world...
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

lipfordb@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-27 21:29
I upgraded the app to version 1.0.58 on my Ipod before knowing all this was happening. When I first  ...

Based on the information provided, I would recommend "forgetting" both Phantom SSIDs and then performing the WiFi binding/reset process again.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

lipfordb@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-27 21:33
I can understand about a problem with the app, but what about all the Range Extenders that have be ...

If you have performed all the basic troubleshooting steps (rebinding the WiFi Range Extender, ensuring all the firmware is up to date etc), then I would recommend contacting our North American Support Center for a RMA.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-6-28 00:33
1.0.48 was working perfectly, why the change to make it not work to have to pull it from the Apple ...

I'm sorry, I do not make the rules. All I can suggest is getting a Android device.
2016-6-27
Use props
ncmenk
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-28 01:42
I'm sorry, I do not make the rules. All I can suggest is getting a Android device.

So now I have been fighting this for 3 days... Everything was flying just fine until I was FORCED to upgrade the RE. Now even the old Apple DJI app will not connect. My son was so looking so forward to using his DRONE for my sister's 50th surprise party THIS SATURDAY!!! And your answer is buy an android device to FIX a problem that DJI introduced...
2016-6-27
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

United States

Having all the same issues. Both Android app and the iPhone app caused no live video feed with the forced update. I know it is a DJI issue since it happened to 2 other family members and myself at the same time since we were flying together that day. DJI needs to fix their screw up. Go to Google pay store and read all the reviews of lost video feed. DJI must have one big carpet to sweep this problem under. Shame on DJI! All of us have the Vision 2
2016-6-29
Use props
ncmenk
lvl.1

United States

hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-6-29 09:04
Having all the same issues. Both Android app and the iPhone app caused no live video feed with the f ...

What is the plan DJI?????
2016-6-30
Use props
wsh1255
New

United States

I just had my Vision 2+ returned from RMA and it's clear this wasn't totally checked out before they shipped it. I have tried my iPhone app on my old 3S and my 6S. Everything connects but no camera feed. I have 2 Android tablets and the apps I've downloaded for those don't work either. I hear them say use Android...ok, can anyone tell me what Android platforms work and what specific app to download? I'll gladly pay for one that will work. For now my unit is worthless. These drones are designed for taking pictures and video. If it can't deliver on the intended use, it's no good to me. I got the same message wrt the fix in 6 weeks. That is totally unacceptable. How hard can it be to fix? Or are those of us that that aren't on the latest platform not a priority?
2016-6-30
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

The way I look at it now is; We are a just a past customer that does not matter to them. Think of all of the trusting people that will or have become victims that DJI is screwing over for replacement parts. I'm sure there are countless people that have not looked into this issue and are just buying and swapping parts. I refuse to ever give DJI another penny of my hard earned cash!  Who allowed DJI to do more research and development? We did with all the prior sales from all of us and this is how we are repaid. Thanks DJI for sticking it to us. Your day will come! I will make it my mission to never recommend any DJI product until they step up and take responsibility.

I'm sure at some point someone will find the truth...It always comes out. I agree how hard can it be? Fix the app or give us the parts needed in exchange for the old part if that is what is needed.
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ncmenk@comcast. Posted at 2016-6-28 12:34
So now I have been fighting this for 3 days... Everything was flying just fine until I was FORCED  ...

We have not experienced a 6 week turnaround time, our current turnaround time at the North American Support Center is 1-2 weeks. Regarding the Vision app, only the Android version is available at this time and can only recommend using that for the time being. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issue, and if you have confirmed that your Range Extender will not even connect to an Android device properly, then you should get in contact with the North American Support Center for a RMA.
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-6-29 21:04
Having all the same issues. Both Android app and the iPhone app caused no live video feed with the f ...

Regarding video feed issues, you need to also ensure that all components, including the camera, are updated to the latest firmware. You also need to ensure that your app and mobile device are up to date with the latest software. DJI is aware of some of the connectivity issues that could not be resolved through basic troubleshooting, which is why the iOS version of the Vision app has been temporarily removed. Unfortunately, we cannot fully dictate the time needed to resolve this issue, but our development team is working as quickly as they can to bring the iOS app to working order.
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

wsh1255@yahoo.c Posted at 2016-7-1 01:51
I just had my Vision 2+ returned from RMA and it's clear this wasn't totally checked out before they ...

You can use the Recommended Device list on the Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision+ Spec pages to see what Android devices have been proven to work. As I previously stated, the current estimated turnaround time for RMAs are 1-2 weeks, not 6 weeks. If you're still having issues after getting it back from a RMA, you should get in contact with the Support Center to have it addressed.
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-7-1 11:32
The way I look at it now is; We are a just a past customer that does not matter to them. Think of al ...

I'm sorry you feel this way. Please keep in mind that we do have warranties in place that help rectify hardware issues in a timely manner. DJI is attempting to rectify the iOS issue as soon as possible, but they do need to work with other companies, such as Apple, to also have new versions of the app approved and published for public use.
2016-6-30
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-1 13:12
Regarding video feed issues, you need to also ensure that all components, including the camera, ar ...

It is not just me. I met someone at the RC park where we fly sometimes that has a Vision plus. We were talking and He has no live video too! What a coincidence! He has the same problem. We stated comparing what we have tried and he is up to date with everything and still has no live feed. All other stuff works just fine in the apps and can still take video and pics just as I can.....but just a black screen for live video.  

So to the few that are still working I'm happy for you and for the countless others that can't see live video nothing will be done without having to buy something. Oh and I did post on another thread here that two family members of mine have the same issue. All of us took the same forced update with the same results, all at the same time since we were all together that day.

SuggestionDJI; Dont force an update that is not compatible with past firmware! Some people just buy and fly and don't know about updating or are not capable to perform such tasks.
2016-7-1
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-1 13:25
I'm sorry you feel this way. Please keep in mind that we do have warranties in place that help rec ...

I don't know many people that have a Phantom 2 Vision or Vision plus that are still under warranty. Everyone I know has been out of warranty for awhile. This is not a small issue in my eyes at all. Just google Phantom 2 Vision no live video feed and see what comes up and start reading. It just keeps going and going with others calling no FPV, to camera not showing picture on device, etc.....

I wouldn't have even bothered posting here if it didn't happen to three of us at the same time.

And why should anyone have to wait for a fix for DJI's mistake. Does not make a difference with what Android, iPhone or iPad is used nothing works to get the live video feed for any of us since the update. I will not speak for everyone only the four that I know of including myself.

2016-7-1
Use props
mariobeaulieu
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-27 13:42

Wow! I like this; Get an Android device. Brilliant. Why don't DJI buy each of us an Android device?
But why didn't DJI send un an email explaining the problem? You have our email address! If I had known about this, I wouldn't have spent 75$ for a diagnostic from a repairman!

And 6 weeks? Really? So no drone for me for all of my vacation and half the summer...

Thanks DJI!
2016-7-1
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mariobeaulieu Posted at 2016-7-2 02:09
Wow! I like this; Get an Android device. Brilliant. Why don't DJI buy each of us an Android device ...

I understand your frustration. I have heard of some customers that have temporarily moved to 3rd party apps in order to continue flying until the Vision app has been brought back. Unfortunately there isn't a specific one that can be recommended and you would need to do that research on your own. If you're not able to use an Android device, those are the only other options. DJI cannot recommend using 3rd party applications, but the choice is ultimately at your discretion.
2016-7-1
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-2 03:36
I understand your frustration. I have heard of some customers that have temporarily moved to 3rd pa ...

That did not work for me since I have tried that too. No other apps work for me. My guess is the update must have damaged something but I can not say 100% only that the other posts on the web seem to say that this has caused damage to hardware that will now need to be replaced. Again this is not me saying it only what I have read. I agree with mariobeaulieu...Why not contact us... you need to sign in to use the app so DJI has our info! DJI sends me emails all the time telling me about all the new stuff they have. Not one email asking if I'm happy or need help. Oh that's right... I forgot we are past customers that mean nothing to them.
I'm just waiting for DJI to say that there is no issue and we will have to pay for repairs for something they caused.

Frustration is an understatement. We all paid DJI and it is DJI that released the problem not us. I'm sure at some point a customer that just happens to be an attorney will open a class action law suit from someone getting injured for no live feed or something along that line.

2016-7-1
Use props
ozione
lvl.3
Flight distance : 126857 ft
Italy

jeeeez... i was also frustrated with all this. but i'm by nature very DIY so again I used few days of bumping my head in to the wall just to finally start reading forums and viola. global issue, even with the missing app. and yes, i have the same issues, no live feed from app. i removed the app, not realizing that the app was pulled out. so, now i have none any 3rd party apps there which are good alternative? thanks
2016-7-2
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-1 12:36
I understand your frustration. I have heard of some customers that have temporarily moved to 3rd pa ...

Wow,
What a cop out!
DJI cannot recommend using a 3rd party application however they do recommend that you keep your softwares and firmwares up to date...That has been stated in these forums hundreds of times from every DJI employee on this forum whenever the subject arises.  Many have heeded DJI's advice and look where it got them...and this is far from the first fiasco of a problematic updates for the Phantoms...The product name seems rather fitting at this point...

Still to this date, no sticky or anything or even an email to any registered user about the possibility of the issue and an interim resolution other than an errant line in an email to "get an Android device" or a 3rd party ap which you do not recommend..

WOW!

mariobeaulieu Posted at 2016-7-2 02:09
Wow! I like this; Get an Android device. Brilliant. Why don't DJI buy each of us an Android device ...

I understand your frustration. I have heard of some customers that have temporarily moved to 3rd party apps in order to continue flying until the Vision app has been brought back. Unfortunately there isn't a specific one that can be recommended and you would need to do that research on your own. If you're not able to use an Android device, those are the only other options. DJI cannot recommend using 3rd party applications, but the choice is ultimately at your discretion.
2016-7-2
Use props
ozione
lvl.3
Italy

just for the info sharing:
- i have iphone 6s and latest ios, we know app is not avail at the moment
- tried with 3rd party app - "flight plan p2", black picture (seems like a nice app, though)
- i have just tried it with htc and android, app still present in the store, no picture

bottom line, everything works fine, including picture/video capture but live stream is not available in any way.
i'm afraid this has nothing to do with the app... app may have caused this but something went off in the process. if this can't be undo or repaired on a software level, we're screwed.
2016-7-2
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

ozione Posted at 2016-7-3 01:04
just for the info sharing:
- i have iphone 6s and latest ios, we know app is not avail at the moment ...

+1 for me and three others I personally know.
2016-7-2
Use props
hardluck2go@gma Posted at 2016-7-3 02:06
+1 for me and three others I personally know.

It's straight up bullsh*t...  That's the deal..
2016-7-2
Use props
I can't believe that DJI has screwed us this bad...  Everything was fine.  I just used my Phantom 2 Vision+ a few days ago.  Everything was fine.  I do an update to the software and now it doesn't work.  My phantom has never been dropped.  It's never been crashed.  Actually in all fairness a year ago, I did put it into a tree once, but it's worked flawlessly everyday since until the software update.  Then at my first wedding photography gig, my phantom doesn't work.  No video preview.  So instead of getting a great wedding video, and probably a bunch of referrals, I'm the laughing stock and will probably not get work from any of those people again.  Thanks DJI you're a real class act.  
2016-7-4
Use props
ozione
lvl.3
Italy

can some one please fill me in with details; what exactly or where exactly is the problem; i said in another post that if this is not possible to solve via SW than we are all in deeeep sh*t.
i tried downgrade of the camera firmware to v1.2.5g, didn't help. i tried with older iOS app, didn't help. combination of both also don't work.

i noticed somewhere that the problem should be in the extender? is it possible to access the firmware lvl of this module?
2016-7-4
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.4

United States

chris@useleg1.c Posted at 2016-7-2 22:05
It's straight up bullsh*t...  That's the deal..

It's straight up bullsh*t...  That's the deal..{:4_154:}
2016-7-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules