Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P3A No video signal, gimbal limp, can't do firmware update
3183 15 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
csehdaniel
lvl.1
Hungary

Hi,

Problem is I can't see anything in GO app. Also I can't do firmware update/downgrade (is there any method to force fw update?).

symptoms (updated):

- gimbal works for a while (maybe 15 secs), meaning it compensates movement, then goes limp
- app says No Signal, live view is black
- if I move the dead camera by hand, I can see the feedback of the rotation angle in the app (but I can't move the camera from the app or the remote)
- RC is paired, so I can take off
- gimbal led is flashing green then flashing green/red - these two phases loop
- turning the AC off takes much longer time than usual, about 10 seconds
- does nothing on gimbal auto calibration (says ok in app, but doesn't move at all)
- sometimes the AC makes a double beep (DD) forever, sometimes there are just a few of these beeps then silence, sometimes no beep at all, I couldn't find any consistency about it
- AC has 1.8.80 fw on it and I can't downgrade or upgrade as the process never starts. I have tried it with several microSD cards. Card formatted (fat32), .bin file placed in root, no .txt, battery over 50%- camera related buttons and Menu are greyed out, so I can't even format inside AC
- app says 0MB remaining capacity on SD card (tried many of them) which would indicate that the gimbal's card reader may be faulty, but if I insert an empty card it creates the default folders

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello csehdaniel, could you post the hidden upgrade log here? You can find it by these steps:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.

Besides, you can re-plug these 2 pin cables and re-upgrade the firmware :
6pin和8pin线.JPG
2016-6-26
Use props
csehdaniel
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 09:22
Hello csehdaniel, could you post the hidden upgrade log here? You can find it by these steps:
1. Ena ...

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately the replugging of the grey cables didn't help.
Also, the LOG folder is empty. (I can see hidden files and folders)
2016-6-27
Use props
csehdaniel
lvl.1
Hungary

Also, the app says: Remaining SD card capacity 0MB.
So probably that's why it doesn't upgrade.
Is there any way to format the card inside the AC, or even better, upload a firmware via USB?
I have plugged the camera to my Windows PC but it didn't recognize the device.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

csehdaniel Posted at 2016-6-27 22:16
Also, the app says: Remaining SD card capacity 0MB.
So probably that's why it doesn't upgrade.
Is th ...

You can use your computer to format the SD card into FAT32. Normally when you extract the correct bin file to the card's root directory to upgrade, if the drone detects the bin file, the LOG file should be generated.Please try with different cards.
2016-6-27
Use props
csehdaniel
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-28 03:32
You can use your computer to format the SD card into FAT32. Normally when you extract the correct  ...

I've already tried it with 3 different cards (formatted to FAT32 on PC), downloaded the firmware again, still no luck.

What I have noticed is all the camera related function buttons and MENU in the app are greyed out (that's why I couldn't find the card format option in GO).
2016-6-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

csehdaniel Posted at 2016-6-28 16:13
I've already tried it with 3 different cards (formatted to FAT32 on PC), downloaded the firmware a ...

Could you post a screenshot of the live feed here?
2016-6-28
Use props
2o3Hqj05HgdD
New

I have exact same problem.
Before I have lost video fee, I was looking camera settings and pressed "camera factory reset". After that picture went black and "no signal". After that I cant see nothing or better I have same symptoms as the original post.
2016-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

2o3Hqj05HgdD Posted at 2016-10-10 07:45
I have exact same problem.
Before I have lost video fee, I was looking camera settings and pressed  ...

Sorry to hear that, you have tried all the methods mentioned but no improvement, right?
May i know it's hard landing or crashed before or not?
2016-10-9
Use props
DOC579
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8028 ft
United States

Hello i had the exact same problem today when i was doing a fw update on my DJI P3A everything was good then the camera went limp and the the red and green light flashing on camera went to a fast green then back to the red and green and the sound went off and it would just flash those colors and do nothing else now i have a flying AC but can't take pictures what do i do help please thanks Ray.
2016-12-4
Use props
boatdr72653
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148255 ft
United States

mine is doing exact same thing and has been for a month.i keep waiting on dji to post the fix but they obviously aren't concerned about it or they would have posted the fix by now.my craft has never been crashed or landed hard.worked perfect and put it away.next day start ac and about 10seconds after power up ac gimbal goes limp.
2016-12-4
Use props
DOC579
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8028 ft
United States

Come on DJI there has to be some concern that this is happening to allot of us i have been reading this all over the internet on other forums of customers stating this so please check this out. We paid good money for these AC so we can take videos and pictures and now we can't, it would been cheaper just to buy the AC if that's all i wanted but i did't i wanted the camera and an a update from you cause it to go bad that's just wrong please do something!
2016-12-5
Use props
fans411403ee
New

Singapore

same issue here. mine even worst. no light on the indicator. been searching for a solution since.
2016-12-9
Use props
fans52b72c35
Flight distance : 2877 ft
United States

Same problem for me too on my Phantom 3 pro.  Gimbal initiates movement when powered on.  After about 10-15 seconds, it goes limp.  No video signal. DJI Go camera controls are greyed-out.  Any fix on this DJI??
2016-12-27
Use props
fans3cf89d80
lvl.1
Hungary

fans52b72c35 Posted at 2016-12-27 21:07
Same problem for me too on my Phantom 3 pro.  Gimbal initiates movement when powered on.  After about 10-15 seconds, it goes limp.  No video signal. DJI Go camera controls are greyed-out.  Any fix on this DJI??

My camera was replaced by DJI for free which is great, too bad I know nothing about what caused the problem.
2017-8-15
Use props
Legit Drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 894465 ft
United States

I am having the same problem. Contacted DJI Trying to get answer but they told me two different things. They said I needed a new transmiiter. I tried downgrading firmware but it is not working at all. Going to try an IMU Calibration.
2017-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules