Failure to Upgrade Firmware
4251 16 2016-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trashbinz
lvl.1

United States

Hello, All:

Well... I'm officially stuck... I'm attempting to upgrade the OSMO firmware to 1.1.0.10, and no luck...

My current info:

• App: V 2.8.1 (339)
  • Firmware: 1.5.2.0

- The 1.6.2.10 update package was downloaded on my DJI go app
- I turn on the DJI go app
- It prompts me that the new 1.6.2 package is ready and to connect to my OSMO
- I connect to the OSMO and click on start upgrade
- It hangs at 0% then about three minutes later I get “Failed to upgrade the camera”
- I then tried where I powered off the OSMO, held down the trigger and record button at the same time then turned on the power. The upgrade starts… 4%… 20%… Then, hangs on 20% and I get the “Failed to upgrade the camera” error again.
- I also tried the SD card route but when I power on the OSMO, nothing happens. Just green lights. No beeping, etc.

I’m stuck… Any thoughts?

Misc Notes:
-When I enter camera view, it’s not even activating the camera. It’s just a black screen but I have all of the options (settings, etc.). Essentially, even on the 1.5.2.0 firmware, I can't even get my OSMO to even work.
- Also, when I attempt to format the SD card, I even get a failed message.

2016-6-26
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi, are you aware that this is the Osmo Raw Firmware 1.1.0.10?
2016-6-26
Use props
trashbinz
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-6-27 07:34
Hi, are you aware that this is the Osmo Raw Firmware 1.1.0.10?

Which is the latest I should technically be on?
2016-6-26
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

trashbinz Posted at 2016-6-27 07:50
Which is the latest I should technically be on?

Refer to this link this will show you the different Firmware to use depends on the camera you are using on the handle,  http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads
2016-6-26
Use props
trashbinz
lvl.1

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-6-27 07:58
Refer to this link this will show you the different Firmware to use depends on the camera you are  ...

I wonder if I installed the incorrect firmware because I can't connect to the camera... Anyone know if there is a way to factory reset?
2016-6-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello.
Since your former (current) firmware is v1.5.2.0, your camera should be X3 camera. Then, please upgrade the firmware to the latest Osmo firmware v1.6.2.10 (http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads).
I'll suggest you to upgrade it via the SD card, please watch the upgrade tutorial and follow the instructions to upgrade your Osmo again.

If there's any issue, please keep us informed.
Thanks.
2016-6-26
Use props
trashbinz
lvl.1

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-6-27 10:22
Hello.
Since your former (current) firmware is v1.5.2.0, your camera should be X3 camera. Then, plea ...

Hello:

I copied the .bin file on the SD card for the 1.6.2.10 firmware version, inserted the SD card into the OSMO, powered on the OSMO, and nothing happens. The lights remain green - no alternating red / green.
2016-6-27
Use props
trashbinz
lvl.1

United States

Apparently, I may have a bad SD card slot and have to send it in for repair... Bummer...
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

trashbinz Posted at 2016-6-28 00:13
Hello:

I copied the .bin file on the SD card for the 1.6.2.10 firmware version, inserted the SD c ...

Thanks for your update.
Could you please connect your Osmo to the DJI GO App and show me the firmware  version in the Gear->General settings->About?

I'd suggest you to try more times to upgrade the firmware before considering send it in for repair.

Wait for your further information.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

trashbinz Posted at 2016-6-28 01:58
Apparently, I may have a bad SD card slot and have to send it in for repair... Bummer...

Hi, did you returned the product for repair?  If you would like to, you can send an email to support@dji.com and we'd love to help.
2016-7-1
Use props
mo
New

United States

Hello -  I have been struggling with my brand new Osmo for the past two days.  Why does DJI ALWAYS need the customer to update software upon purchase?  I have had several issues including battery life, charger not charging, and by the time I get the download started I am prompted that my battery needs to be at least 50% charged.  With the X5R that means I have less than 10 minutes to get it ready and by that time the battery is hot and will not charge.  So I wait for it to cool so that I can wait another hour for it to charge, crazy!  Now the unit does not stay turned on, shows no software version information when I follow the instruction above, and does not charge. Help!
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mo@betterlifemo Posted at 2016-7-4 00:51
Hello -  I have been struggling with my brand new Osmo for the past two days.  Why does DJI ALWAYS n ...

I'm very sorry about your inconvenience. If the battery doesn't charge even after cooling down, please contact the seller for a replacement of the unit. You can also contact support@dji.com and we'd love to help.
2016-7-4
Use props
penaltybox
lvl.1

United States

I have a brand new Osmo Raw, we tried to upgrade the firmware this am to make sure we were operating with the right functionality. We followed the procedure in the PDF we reviewed from the site. Inserted the sd card and powered the unit on. The left led turned yellow and never changed. Tried it again, and again . Now the unit will not work at all. Not only that when I try and connect to DJI Go App it changes the equipment selection from Osmo Raw to Osmo. Quite frustrated after spending almost 4,000 on this set up.
All of the SD cards we have tried worked fine in the unit yesterday pre upgrade attempt, and still work fine in all other devices, osmo ( regular) , gopro, etc. So its not the cards.

Before the upgrade attempt here is data I recorded from the Firmware versions page on the app.

app: 02                 3.1.5
Air OFDM :09       00.00.00.6200.00.00.11
WIFI : 07              01.00.09.2200.00.00.01
Gimbal : 04        01.30.00.9601.00.00.19
Camera : 01      0002.00.0800.02.00.08

please advise

2017-2-28
Use props
muduru
lvl.1
United States

penaltybox Posted at 2017-2-28 12:56
I have a brand new Osmo Raw, we tried to upgrade the firmware this am to make sure we were operating with the right functionality. We followed the procedure in the PDF we reviewed from the site. Inserted the sd card and powered the unit on. The left led turned yellow and never changed. Tried it again, and again . Now the unit will not work at all. Not only that when I try and connect to DJI Go App it changes the equipment selection from Osmo Raw to Osmo. Quite frustrated after spending almost 4,000 on this set up.
All of the SD cards we have tried worked fine in the unit yesterday pre upgrade attempt, and still work fine in all other devices, osmo ( regular) , gopro, etc. So its not the cards.

Dji osmo raw started showing as osmo after firmware mess? Not sure how to fix it
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

muduru Posted at 2017-9-15 21:57
Dji osmo raw started showing as osmo after firmware mess? Not sure how to fix it

Did you successfully update your firmware? How about WiFi connection?
2017-9-16
Use props
muduru
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-16 00:45
Did you successfully update your firmware? How about WiFi connection?

wifi setting has been reset. however the firmware upgrade saying its failed.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

muduru Posted at 2017-9-17 08:07
wifi setting has been reset. however the firmware upgrade saying its failed.

Muduru, please note that we answer your questions in your thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-113227-1-1.html. And please update in it. Thanks a lot.
2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules