DJI Repair current turnaround time
2434 18 2016-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
epicwdmcadams
lvl.1

Hi I just sent my drone in for repairs and I was wondering what the current turnaround time is for U.S repairs?

Thanks!
2016-6-28
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello epicwdmcadams, if you send your drone to our US service center for fixing, normally the turn-around time is about 2 weeks.
2016-6-28
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 205696 ft
Italy

EU service received my P4 on 15th June and it is still there. On 27th june they said repair should start soon.
2016-6-28
Use props
epicwdmcadams
lvl.1

leo.s Posted at 2016-6-29 14:16
EU service received my P4 on 15th June and it is still there. On 27th june they said repair should s ...

Do you know of a way to get the process expedited? I have to have to have the drone back to me by a certain date before I leave town.

Thanks!
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

epicwdmcadams Posted at 2016-6-30 00:20
Do you know of a way to get the process expedited? I have to have to have the drone back to me by  ...

There is no way to expedite it, turn around from when it's checked in is 1 to 2 weeks.
2016-6-29
Use props
epicwdmcadams
lvl.1

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-30 00:41
There is no way to expedite it, turn around from when it's checked in is 1 to 2 weeks.

One more thing, about how long does the check in process take after being delivered to the facility?
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

epicwdmcadams Posted at 2016-6-30 05:58
One more thing, about how long does the check in process take after being delivered to the facilit ...

That's handled by logistics, it varies depending on workload.
2016-6-29
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

epicwdmcadams Posted at 2016-6-29 23:58
One more thing, about how long does the check in process take after being delivered to the facilit ...

My P4 arrived on repair center on 15th of June, process started only on the 20th. I asked to the support if it was possible to have back the P4 before the 30th of June because I'am out for work from the 1st to the 15th of July. They sent back the  P4 today and you know when it will arrive? The 1st of July so nobody can receive it to the provided address! One day of speed up process i think it was possible with a bit more attention.
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

leo.s Posted at 2016-6-30 07:31
My P4 arrived on repair center on 15th of June, process started only on the 20th. I asked to the su ...

I am sorry to hear that.
You can try contacting the carrier to see if there's a way to deliver to the address you'll be at.
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

leo.s Posted at 2016-6-30 07:31
My P4 arrived on repair center on 15th of June, process started only on the 20th. I asked to the su ...

Leo, could you please provide your RMA number so we can locate your case in our database. Thank you!
2016-7-4
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-7-4 10:24
Leo, could you please provide your RMA number so we can locate your case in our database. Thank yo ...

Hi Tim,
RMA number is CAS-168869-J4Z8V7. On Friday I called UPS and changed the destination address. The new expected delivery was for today (the previous was for the 1st of July) but P4 didn't arrive and in the tracking link I see that the package is still where it was on Friday. Tomorrow I'll call UPS again to see what happened (maybe today's air strike is the cause).
If you look on my case can you give me more details about my crash please? This is all what I know (quoted from a support's reply): «The reason of the crash was due to a motor shoot off, why this exactly happened is unclear to us»
I have another question, what would have happened if I had not recovered the P4 after the crash? Warranty or DJI CARE will cover the loss?
Thank you in advance,
Leonardo
2016-7-4
Use props
Enkeixpress
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297497 ft
United Kingdom

leo.s Posted at 2016-6-29 07:16
EU service received my P4 on 15th June and it is still there. On 27th june they said repair should s ...

My God, that is awful. It's almost as if your drone was just sitting there on a random shelf, waiting to be seen. DJI really do need to get a move on with repairing peoples drone in a short amount of time. Far too long.
2016-7-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

leo.s Posted at 2016-7-5 06:26
Hi Tim,
RMA number is CAS-168869-J4Z8V7. On Friday I called UPS and changed the destination addres ...

It is a motor issue and here are 2 screenshots of the flight data: motor1.jpg

roll.jpg

In your case, the corresponding flight record cannot provide enough information for further analysis. But luckily finally you got it back.What's more, DJI care won't cover the flyaway issue.

2016-7-5
Use props
leo.s
lvl.3
Italy

Thank you DJI-Paladin,
finally I had the time to try the P4 after the repair and all seems to work properly. I've to say that my first experience with the support was globally good; changing the delivery address was very fast, not a big deal. The only thing is that the process is a little long.
Thanks again,
Leonardo
2016-7-21
Use props
varshi93
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi Ken & Tim,

Do you guys have any information about the turnaround time for repairs in Hong Kong?

I dropped of my drone at the DJI Flagship store and was told to wait 15 business days. Is it for the
whole process or just to get a quote?

Thanks,
Varshith
2016-10-25
Use props
rs1
New

United States

Bought a brand new Phantom 4. It had to be sent in for DJI repair out of the box due to poor video signal. They replaced the camera and said there was something wrong with the board. Just got it back. It has the exact same problem. I've spent over sox hours on the phone with DJI tech problem solving without success. Lost 9 days while the unit was being repaired. I've tried every thing under the sun and the only thing that works slightly is to lower image transmission all the way down and pick the best custom channel you can find out of the eight (tried installing the DJI config to see all 32 channels but that didn't work and only have eight still...apparently the latest firmware might prevent you from hacking to 32 channels). This is by far the worst product I've ever purchased in my life...
Bought a brand new Osmo too....that just got shipped out for repair also straight out of the box because it can't connect to the Osmo network which would not be a problem if you could just use a cable!!!!!!!!!! No, not a option to hook it up with a cable.....
So both my brand new purchases from DJI had to be sent in for repair straight out of the box....the Phantom was just returned after repair and it's still not working properly. Worst products I have ever bought!!!!!!!!!
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

varshi93 Posted at 2016-10-26 15:55
Hi Ken & Tim,

Do you guys have any information about the turnaround time for repairs in Hong Kong?

Hi Varshith,could you please provide me with your case number?
I'll help to look into your case.
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rs1 Posted at 2016-10-27 11:51
Bought a brand new Phantom 4. It had to be sent in for DJI repair out of the box due to poor video s ...

I've replied you in another thread.
To better assist you, could you please reply me in that thread?
2016-10-26
Use props
fans66ad812d
New

United States

Dji turn around time sucks
CSR sucks!!!
Hold times  sucks!!
Wish they could get their crap together!
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules