Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video recording problem on Phantom 3 Standard...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ofox
New

United Kingdom

Hi all,

Found many useful posts on here over the past few months that I've owned my drone but not posted before, so my apologies if this is in the wrong bit.

I've tried searching for an answer on here and on the net but cant seem to see anyone having had the problem i'm having now.

Basically my Phantom 3 Standard will no longer record videos or take pictures.
It's been absolutely fine over the last few months but today it just seemed to stop working.
Video feedback is working perfectly, the drone flies without any issues and no error messages are showing on the DJI Go App.
The card I am using is a Hama 32gb Class 10 U1 card which has been fine until today. The drone see's the card, but when you press the video record button nothing happens. If you press the camera capture button it clicks but no actual picture is saved.

Thinking the memory card may be faulty I've tried two other cards this evening, both having the same results. One is an 8gb SanDisk Ultra (the card it came with which again worked fine previously), and also an 8gb Kingston card.

Having seen issues about video feedback on the recent firmware update I've restored the firmware to the previous version (1.5.7.0) but this doesnt seem to have made any difference.

Has anyone had experiance of this before or have any suggestions of other things to try?

Many thanks in advance.

Ollie
2016-6-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You might try formatting the cards in the camera using the DJI Go App.
2016-6-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Ollie, have you tried to format these cards via DJI GO app? Do these cards work well in your computer? 格式化SD卡.PNG
2016-6-30
Use props
ofox
New

United Kingdom

Yeah I've tried formatting the cards using the DJI app and also on a computer. The card formats fine in both and registers the correct amount of storage space but just won't allow me to record. I've also tried formatting on the computer and then again in the drone but that doesn't work either.
The cards work fine in my computer. I can copy files to and from them without any issues.
2016-6-30
Use props
DroneToTheMAX
lvl.2

United States

Check to be sure your SD card is fully inserted, mine was not once and it didn't record or take photos. Actually I once had a problem where I jammed the SD card in the wrong way and had to use tweezers and a boxcutter knife to get it out. It also did not record or take photos when inserted the wrong way. Check to be sure your SD card is properly inserted all the way in and in the right direction, and is not damp or damaged. Did you upgrade your filmware? If you did, try downgrading it.
2016-7-1
Use props
ofox
New

United Kingdom

Yeah the card is fully inserted and not damp or damaged. I've now tried 4 different cards and none of them work. And it's definitely in the correct way.
Firmware was on the latest 1.6.8.0 as soon as it was released. I've done a flight on that firmware previously without any issues.

I did try downgrading to 1.5.7.0+ but this didn't seem to have any effect on it.
2016-7-1
Use props
Kennypinn54
New
Flight distance : 36112 ft
Philippines

I've had my phantom 3 drone about 1 month. I've always had an issue with video recording.It was only recording 30 second clips. So I replaced my 8g sd card with a 16g sd card, hoping that would fix the problem. But the same issues continue. But with a twist. When I'm inside my house. I did a test video and it worked fine. I was able to video for 3-5 minutes at a time. But when I went outside to fly it only video tape for 39 seconds at a time? I hope some one can advise me. Thanks happy flying
2017-8-13
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Kennypinn54 Posted at 2017-8-13 20:43
I've had my phantom 3 drone about 1 month. I've always had an issue with video recording.It was only recording 30 second clips. So I replaced my 8g sd card with a 16g sd card, hoping that would fix the problem. But the same issues continue. But with a twist. When I'm inside my house. I did a test video and it worked fine. I was able to video for 3-5 minutes at a time. But when I went outside to fly it only video tape for 39 seconds at a time? I hope some one can advise me. Thanks happy flying

When you are  recording inside thew house, the camera is probably pointr to a sceen that has no movement in it, and this is quite easy for the camera to record. Outside, it is a different story. I would suggest you buy a Sandisk Extreme series card and try that. Format it before use in the aircraft.
2017-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules