Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problems With Battery and Osmo
4570 8 2016-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marianodrj
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi,

being using my Osmo very often. I have 3 batteries and this week only one was working. When I plugged the other 2, the gimbal arm dindn't wake up when turned on. It makes the biping, lights on, but the arm doesn't starts moving. It is works only with one battery.

Please Help! I have lots of stuff to film the next days!!!

Thank You,
Mariano Dellasoppa
2016-7-1
Use props
marianodrj
lvl.1
Brazil

So, today I had another problem. Did the reset stuff and 2 of the 3 batteries worked fine. The third one did work after some attempts.
Went to a shooting session and using the good battery, recorded for 1 hour, until battery was depleted. Changed the batteries and none of them worked anymore, not even the first one (it had like 6% charge left). The camera starts but the arm and the gimbal never move and after a few seconds, it turns back of again.

Need urgent help with that!!!

Mariano Dellasoppa
2016-7-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello Mariano,
Sorry for any trouble.
Sometimes, in startup process, the Osmo may do some self-healing or initialize itself, so it may takes more time to resume work.
As for the battery issue, the problem may be caused by bad connection. Our engineers will look into it further. The next firmware is expected to prioritize the performance of the battery, please pay more attention to the upcoming update in the official website.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-7-3
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, can you try flashing the firmware again to see if it solves the issue?

If it doesn't, please contact support@dji.com and we would love to help you to repair it for free.
2016-7-4
Use props
marianodrj
lvl.1
Brazil

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-4 19:28
Hi, can you try flashing the firmware again to see if it solves the issue?

If it doesn't, please co ...

I did try flashing it again, same problem. I'm suspecting it's a heat problem. Disabled the "turn of fan during record", but didn't use the camera since then. With the camera cool, all batteries work.
As soon as I use it again, will tell you the result.

Thank you for attention,
Mariano Dellasoppa
2016-7-14
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

marianodrj Posted at 2016-7-15 00:07
I did try flashing it again, same problem. I'm suspecting it's a heat problem. Disabled the "turn  ...

Yeah, maybe the fan isn't working properly so it's getting too hot inside.  If that's the case, you have to contact support@dji.com and we'll repair it for you.
2016-7-14
Use props
allenlew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3723291 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-15 12:28
Yeah, maybe the fan isn't working properly so it's getting too hot inside.  If that's the case, yo ...

There are TWO resets:
1) Osmo reset (Hold down power + photo + video) for 3 seconds
2) Battery reset (Hold down power) for 15 seconds
2016-9-29
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

allenlew Posted at 2016-9-29 00:14
There are TWO resets:
1) Osmo reset (Hold down power + photo + video) for 3 seconds
2) Battery reset (Hold down power) for 15 seconds

Thanks Allen!
I've had this intermittent problem with all my batteries (I have 5) and knowing if the OSMO will power-up is a real panic moment each time I get to a job.

What I found works with the battery reset procedure is to do it once with the battery installed and then take the battery out and do it again. This seemed to fix the problems I have with 4 of my 5 batteries, the fifth one has developed a fault and comes up as an invalid. Sheesh!!

What I really want to know is why this stuff isn't in the FAQ.
2017-3-1
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine was acting a little weird as well.  For some reason my F-stop will not change from 1.8.  I do not have  a priority set and I'm in Manual and  this issue has never presented itself before.  
To make sure it was isolated to the Osmo I tested my I1Pro and the cam was working fine.  Thoughts?
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules