2261 27 2016-7-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Over the last maybe 3-4 months It seems that my signal quality to my I1 is getting worse.  I'm not sure if they are messing around with the firmware a lot lately and since I cant really roll back that far I have no refrence point anymore.

I can bascially sit next to the I1 on the ground and loose signal, which is strange since I live in the mountains and really not that much interfereance.

The other day I was up about 8000 feet on a mountain and 80% of my flight was lack of video and signal loss, and many times did it pop up the go to home since signal quality is gone.

Note I can still control the I1 with the controller fine.  I have tried auto and custom channels w/o really much diffrence.

Has anyone expreienced this, coudl my I1 be damaged, I'm assuming the transmitters may be in the legs but honestly never did any research.

Could this also be that the connection between the camera and the I1 is loose or not properly connected.  I always make sure I get a tight fit, but I have over 300 flights so something is bound to start failing ..

Thoughts?
2016-7-6
Use props
JJ_2016
lvl.1

Norway

HAve you tried to lower the video feed a little? That helped a bit for me.
2016-7-6
Use props
gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JJ_2016 Posted at 2016-7-7 03:22

Yea that doesn't work either, I think something is going on with my i1..
2016-7-6
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1016486 ft
United States

JJ_2016 Posted at 2016-7-6 15:22

You may want to try a different device as well, just for comparison, but the big question is what f/w, and GO App Version are you presently using?
2016-7-6
Use props
gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Phantomflyer Posted at 2016-7-7 04:40
You may want to try a different devise as well, just for comparison, but the big question is what f ...

I have tried my other controller as well, I use my iPad Air 2, was up to the latest except for todays release and this has been slowly getting worse since the past few months.. so probably something with HW issue.
2016-7-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

My range has decreased with every new firmware, my first inspire was great, my new inspire pro, not so much.
2016-7-6
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
United States

gateway@tietze. Posted at 2016-7-6 16:56
I have tried my other controller as well, I use my iPad Air 2, was up to the latest except for tod ...

As R&L has mentioned, I suspect many have experienced decreases in the capabilities of the model  particularly with the more recent f/w versions, not to say you don't necessarily have a hardware issue as well. If you are experiencing this concern after possibly going back to a previous version of the f/w, and tried some of the other suggestions posted then you may need to look elsewhere as a root cause.  All the best.
2016-7-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

gateway@tietze. Posted at 2016-7-7 04:56
I have tried my other controller as well, I use my iPad Air 2, was up to the latest except for tod ...

Have you tried getting in contact with the North American support center to look into sending it in for a diagnosis?
2016-7-6
Use props
gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-7 06:40
Have you tried getting in contact with the North American support center to look into sending it i ...

Just got that all sorted..
2016-7-6
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

I've had the same issue a few times and a quick cleaning of the contacts on the camera and X5 with an alcohol moistened cloth has done the trick every time.
2016-7-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2016-7-6 23:27
I've had the same issue a few times and a quick cleaning of the contacts on the camera and X5 with a ...

That is very good information FT, I will store that for future use.

Makes sense too

Donnie
2016-7-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

You may wish to consider the 32 channel upgrade, this will give more video channels to choose from and at least you could see if it is interference or something more this way.
clink the link and read the thread Instructions are there if you wish

http://forum.dji.com/thread-54974-1-1.html

donnie

2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gateway@tietze. Posted at 2016-7-7 06:57
Just got that all sorted..

Good to hear, they would be able to address this for you if all other troubleshooting steps have not help alleviate the issue.
2016-7-7
Use props
gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-7 21:35
You may wish to consider the 32 channel upgrade, this will give more video channels to choose from a ...

been rocking the 32 channels since they first came out.
2016-7-7
Use props
gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So, maybe a general consensus, it seems that I found a few threads of people having poor signal quality as of late, for me its something I have noticed over the last 3-4 months if I had to think back.

Of course @donnie has posted many things to try out and at some point these get exhausted.

I cant say its maybe dji issue with firmware yet but I have had no crashes, always keep my i1 cleaned (contacts etc) , I rock an iPad 2 Air which has enough CPU/GPU to handle video transmission, but something seems to be going down hill as of late.  Maybe its a HW issue and it would be great to get this resolved but I would guess DJI is getting a lot more of these complaints as of late.  

Granted I also have one of the early I1's so who knows what might be happening after the many flights I have done.

Anyhow off to DJI today, they should have it next week and I may hear something in 1 - 2 weeks after that.. Ill keep this thread updated with the results.  I do fear that they will test it in a lab where everything works but as we know in the lab vs the real world is quite different and get my i1 back with the same issue

2016-7-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

gateway@tietze. Posted at 2016-7-7 12:40
So, maybe a general consensus, it seems that I found a few threads of people having poor signal qual ...

I would like to know if they come up with something,

keep us posted

donnie
2016-7-7
Use props
Phantomflyer
lvl.3
United States

gateway@tietze. Posted at 2016-7-7 13:40
So, maybe a general consensus, it seems that I found a few threads of people having poor signal qual ...

Non negative waves can only help.  : )
2016-7-7
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Donnie Posted at 2016-7-7 15:35
You may wish to consider the 32 channel upgrade, this will give more video channels to choose from a ...

does it still work? I didnt update firmware since 1.5 and have heard that the 32 channels do not work anymore that they always jump to 13-20 however i will not update to test this

always look in the LOGFILE to see what channel it really used no matter what it shows on the display
2016-7-7
Use props
ville.honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

There is many rumours that the signal quality in last (2-3) updates is almost 50% worse.. and Dji know that.. but don't know why..
2016-7-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

gateway@tietze. Posted at 2016-7-7 10:40

I have found that the iPad is getting hot on warm days and this can cause poor video downlink.
I have just switched to the iPad mini 4 with all the bells and whistles  So far it rocks

Rich
2016-7-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>

ville.honkonen@ Posted at 2016-7-8 06:39
There is many rumours that the signal quality in last (2-3) updates is almost 50% worse.. and Dji kn ...

DJI knows why, they have been lowering the power output with every firmware update. It could be the FAA said that 3.1 miles is a bit much. There are many threads that discuss the power downgrades. I now my phantom 4 now  has the same range and video quality as my phantom 2 did. I will not be buying the phantom 5.
2016-7-7
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-7-7 16:43
does it still work? I didnt update firmware since 1.5 and have heard that the 32 channels do not w ...

Interesting, I will check that, I still get over 3 miles plus with line of sight  (Over water or open areas )

thanks- donnie
2016-7-8
Use props
gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-7-8 09:20
DJI knows why, they have been lowering the power output with every firmware update. It could be th ...

Yea my flights are not that far and as I said I could stand next to the I1 at times and have no signal..

Anyhow its in their hands now, I'm curious if its a HW issue and of course if they will put it under warranty of charge me..
2016-7-8
Use props
ben2810535
New

We've experienced the same broken video feed with the last 3 Firmware updates but only to the "slave" transmitter. The "Master" is solid. Both are identical ipad mini 2's. Very interested to hear what the problem is!
2016-7-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

ben2810535 Posted at 2016-7-9 08:10
We've experienced the same broken video feed with the last 3 Firmware updates but only to the "slave ...

Why not switch around the Slave to Master and Master  to slave and see if it goes away, this way you can be sure , also swipe the I pads around as well too.

Also be sure to "Enable Hardware Decode " on both, this will take some of the load off the processor and will not affect anything adversary.    Make sure to have only the Go App open as well.

You may already know all this , but just wanted to suggest it .

good Luck

donnie
2016-7-9
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

ben2810535 Posted at 2016-7-9 21:10
We've experienced the same broken video feed with the last 3 Firmware updates but only to the "slave ...

Hi Ben,

I remember I read a topic in other forum about the distance limitation for a clear video feed from the bird to the slave RC. It was observed by quite a few Inspire 1 users that their gimbal / camera operating buddies would experience jerky or even no video feed on their slave RCs from their Inspire 1s at not-so-far-away flying distances (several hundred metres only) when the video down feed to their own master RCs was still perfect up to several kM.

It was suspected that either the 5.8GHz Tx from Slave RC Tx antenna reduced the sensitivity of the 2.4GHz Rx antenna of the Slave RC, or the Slave RC were not successfully keeping pace with the 2.4 GHz band-hopping between the Master RC and the Inspire 1. Such limitation was said to be inherent by design.

Slave Controller Loss Of Video - Master Still Clear

Henry
2016-7-9
Use props
gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So I got my I1 back the other day.. after paying $331.. This was replaced Inspire1_GRCP_MAIN_V6_ PCBA  ..  not really sure what the hell that part is.. but that was the only thing they said.. it fixed my issues..
2016-7-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

gateway@tietze. Posted at 2016-7-25 01:06
So I got my I1 back the other day.. after paying $331.. This was replaced Inspire1_GRCP_MAIN_V6_ PCB ...

Based on your description, they had replaced the RC's main board.
2016-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules