Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A word about GEO, please read
123Next >
26910 119 2016-7-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

On July 5, DJI introduced an improved version of our geofencing system in the latest update to the DJI GO app in the U.S. and Europe. As we mentioned when we released the update, our goal was – and always will be – safety. We want customers to fly responsibly, while still enabling full capabilities of our aerial platforms.
Geospatial Online Environment introduced flexibility for DJI drone operators, allowing them to unlock some geofenced locations where they have permission to operate. And it improved upon our previous geofencing technology, by including live, updated information about temporary flight restrictions.
For DJI customers, GEO is an excellent solution to make educated and informed flight decisions easier than ever. But we recognize that our vast range of global customers spans everyone from occasional recreational users all the way to certified commercial operators who fly for a living. Your needs are largely -- but not always -- the same.
For operators who are still not able to access or unlock areas where they are authorized to fly, please send a note to us at flysafe@dji.com with your requests. We pledge to work with you to the best of our ability to help you fly where you’re authorized to fly.

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
Matrix Screenshot.JPG
2016-7-7
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

I think that is a good improvement.
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-7-8 03:17

Thanks,
Where's the self parody video
2016-7-7
Use props
Kyokushin
Captain
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

microcyb Posted at 2016-7-7 21:17

Compare new map with old one before going happy...
2016-7-7
Use props
mochorm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

Ken are we ever going to know why we are in an Warning Zone or Enhanced Warning zone?
I'm looking at my area and see Warning Zones and Enhanced Warning zones. I realize I can self authorize but how do I make an informed decision to fly when I don't know why it is zoned as such.
I live in a VERY RURAL area and see warning areas all over the place, in the middle of farming fields, etc. and would like to know why it's zoned as such?

TIA
2016-7-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mochorm Posted at 2016-7-8 03:47
Ken are we ever going to know why we are in an Warning Zone or Enhanced Warning zone?
I'm looking a ...

Post a screenshot, I'm not sure why the area you live by is one of those zones.
2016-7-7
Use props
microcyb
First Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2016-7-7 15:43
Compare new map with old one before going happy...

Checking

Yup I am good.
2016-7-7
Use props
Michael M
First Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I am in a warning zone yet I live under 3 km from an airport. Hmm.
2016-7-7
Use props
flyingphoto
lvl.1
Flight distance : 346496 ft
  • >>>

From the FAQ...
I am authorized to fly closer than 1.5 miles from an airport. How will this work?
In Authorization Zones such as the one you mention, an operator simply needs a verified DJI account and uses the DJI GO application to unlock the area. Making sure that you are authorized is your responsibility.

I am this person and there was yesterday the ability to fly in my backyard albeit low level.  Today its a a no fly zone you can't unlock?  

1) Did the map change today?  7-7-2016
2) The FAQ is therefore not correct anymore?
2016-7-7
Use props
AlaskanTides
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I am glad it meets you're needs.
Unfortunately it will be quite a while before it will meet mine. A very good piece of equipment, just got was just reduced to a toy in my opinion. I'm glad they did it before I wasted money on more dji equipment.
2016-7-7
Use props
Californian
New

Hong Kong

Consumers in D.C.  are unhappy consumers.

Guess that's why they want representative in Congress
2016-7-8
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-7-8 08:09
Unfortunately it will be quite a while before it will meet mine. ...

I'll give you $10 for the toy, but if you turn off GEO in App' then it may just work.
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

flyingphoto Posted at 2016-7-8 12:00
From the FAQ...
I am authorized to fly closer than 1.5 miles from an airport. How will this work?
In ...

You can unlock most all restricted areas with special permission from DJI. Email FlySafe@DJI.com and they will email you all the paperwork to fill out.
2016-7-8
Use props
precurser
New

Canada

Ken,

Can you let me know why there is a 3.5 mile radius NFZ around the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California? At first I thought it was around Disneyland but it appears the pin is affixed to the Convention Center. There is a convention center in Los Angeles, California and it does not even have a warning or enhanced warning zone around it....
anaheim.JPG
2016-7-8
Use props
Maxi3D
Captain
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

AlaskanTides Posted at 2016-7-8 03:09
Unfortunately it will be quite a while before it will meet mine. ...

I don't think it's just DJI is doing this, but all of the high-end quadcopter companies. A non-GPS Syma X5C will flys anywhere.  
2016-7-8
Use props
Mallettron
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82641 ft
United Kingdom

In the UK people can use this, more upto date complying with CAP393

http://www.noflydrones.co.uk/

Compare it to the DJI one
2016-7-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

precurser Posted at 2016-7-9 00:49
Ken,

Can you let me know why there is a 3.5 mile radius NFZ around the Anaheim Convention Center in ...

It's the Disneyland TFR and my map shows the same. Look like the map is centered around Harbor & Katella, the corner of Disneyland property.
2016-7-8
Use props
Jetboys
lvl.1
Flight distance : 535020 ft
Canada

where do i go to "verify" my account
2016-7-8
Use props
cshudson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-8 16:05
It's the Disneyland TFR and my map shows the same. Look like the map is centered around Harbor & K ...

next question, why is Disney NFZ 5 times larger than the airport to the west?

2016-7-9
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have no and never have had any issues with it. In my situation I have two areas that I am on the outside edge of the 5 mile perimeter.One a very large airport for commercial and private flights. The second a private and military airfield. Even that I am outside perimeter I don't fly when the air guard is up which is usually weekends. The C 130's are training for radar evasion and low level drops. When they do this they come over at tree top level. Common sense prevails.
2016-7-9
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Funny! So I just checked, everything is nice for me, but I noticed that Loveland/Fort collins is red,  Greely is not, Denver International is not, Colorado Springs is not.. perhaps when I zoom in there...  But I expect to see the big ones while zoomed out to state level (Colorado)... Will do more checking.Attaching pics, I DID NOT hook up the drone yet, but I assume that is immaterial... the GEO should come from GPS and internet, not the drone....

KFNL as it should be

KFNL as it should be

KDEN missing?!

KDEN missing?!

Missing KBDU, KGXY, KCOS, many others....

Missing KBDU, KGXY, KCOS, many others....
2016-7-9
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Still need to use several maps to be sure where I can fly...

DJI NFZ´s...
IMG_3046.PNG

CTR, TIZ, Approach and Restricted areas
sc.jpg

2016-7-9
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

Also, if I wanted to fly near an airport WITHOUT a tower, how the heck do I get a permission? There's a Harley Davidson dealership right by the highway, so my plan was to fly under 100ft and take some footage for them... but there's NOBODY to contact who cares... so what is the proper procedure?
2016-7-9
Use props
smstagar15
lvl.3

mochorm Posted at 2016-7-8 03:47
I'm looking a ...

I hit one of these today....Something to do with low flying crop dusters Im sure
2016-7-9
Use props
johnsr
Captain
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Swedrone Posted at 2016-7-9 21:42
Still need to use several maps to be sure where I can fly...

DJI NFZ´s...

Yes, it's the same here in France and I'd guess most everywhere else. The DJI zones are rather simplistic compared to the official maps (which here don't even include all their own park and reserve restrictions). I think that safely flying in a new area will always require some homework (NOTAM info etc.). Another source of flight restrictions that I discovered recently are "temporary" restrictions concerning No Fly cliffs (bird breeding protection). I wrote "temporary" because some cover 9 months.The local law enforcement guys helped me on that one (they were "burned" themselves due to a safety exercise performed on a "No fly" cliff that was reported to the ministry...).
Keeping global a No Fly zone map up to date seems like a nearly impossible task. So as long as it's mainly "Advisory" warnings...
2016-7-10
Use props
FreelanceTravel
New

United States

At first I was a bit apprehensive when I saw that we were completely engulfed in "Warning Zones" all around our house. Then I found this thread and was enlightened to the fact that warning zones were not "No Fly Zones" but just what they imply, "Warning Zones". This I totally understand as we are 2.5 miles from the Tesoro Petroleum Refinery, 6 miles from the Kenai Alaska airport, 2 miles from the Natural Gas to Liquids plant and we have two lakes with float plane operations on them very close by. "Warning Zones" yup totally agree once I read what it was all about and greatly appreciate the new software. Most of our flights here are 20 to 120 feet in AGL with an occasional 200 footer to catch the sunset over Cook Inlet. At these altitudes we should not pose a threat to any aircraft but adding the warning just keeps us thinking about the "what if's" that could pose a problem if we had a lapse in memory. I personally like this update; keep up the great work and let's all fly safe and have fun for a long time to come.
2016-7-10
Use props
bjwinspect
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1768576 ft

Someone else asked, but have not seen the answer.    Where do you go to get Verified ?
2016-7-10
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

bjwinspect Posted at 2016-7-10 06:36
Someone else asked, but have not seen the answer.    Where do you go to get Verified ?

According tot he original post, you email flysafe@dji.com - that applies only to the red zones, all the others are warnings..  not full "no fly, no take off" zone...  If tou want to fly in what is really no fly zone3, then u need to do some homework.. and so do I, as I got no answer to my original question about an airport with no tower....
2016-7-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Phantomski Posted at 2016-7-11 03:20
According tot he original post, you email  - that applies only to the red zones, all the others ar ...

For any restricted NFZ, email FlySafe and they will sent you the forms to fill out and then you may be able to fly there.
2016-7-10
Use props
Butterpuff 6
lvl.1

Where is the map people are referring to?
2016-7-10
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

The standard map that shows where you are in GO app, if u click it, it will expand to the whole screen, then u can zoom out to see if there are any no fly zones near you.
2016-7-10
Use props
Ribfeast
lvl.3
Australia

Do you need the latest version of the app for this feature?  Is the Geo system in Australia yet?  Do I need the latest firmware on my P3S too?
2016-7-10
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81132 ft
Germany

In my app I cannot find any restricted areas for Germany. Aren't  there any available yet?
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Butterpuff 6 Posted at 2016-7-11 10:21
Where is the map people are referring to?

This is the GEO map page.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2016-7-11 11:24
The standard map that shows where you are in GO app, if u click it, it will expand to the whole scre ...

The NFZ zones only show in a limited radius from you, It will not show you zones that are 5-10 miles or so away.
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thomas. Posted at 2016-7-11 21:59
In my app I cannot find any restricted areas for Germany. Aren't  there any available yet?

They are all listed here, http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map
In the app, power up the aircraft and you will see if anything is around you.
But, it only shows the zones that are near you. If you scroll to a different that's a little ways away it will not show any zones. It would be too much data in the app to show all the info for a wide area.
2016-7-11
Use props
Phantomski
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-11 08:25
The NFZ zones only show in a limited radius from you, It will not show you zones that are 20 miles ...

Thx! Got it! Sort of logical!
2016-7-11
Use props
johnsr
Captain
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

Ken, when you say a limited radius around you, could you give an estimate of that distance (like 500 meters or 5 km)? I'm at the edge of many Enhanced warning zones and 5 km from an airport and nothing shows on my GO App map. Thanks for the the info!
2016-7-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

johnsr Posted at 2016-7-12 00:21
Ken, when you say a limited radius around you, could you give an estimate of that distance (like 500 ...

I don't have a exact radius but it looks somewhere's in the 5-10 mile range.
2016-7-11
Use props
precurser
New

Canada

cshudson@me.com Posted at 2016-7-9 18:04
next question, why is Disney NFZ 5 times larger than the airport to the west?

Yeah that was going to be my next question, why does the NFZ around Disneyland have to be that large? Is that a temporary NFZ or permanent? It sure does limit a HUGE area considering it isn't even an airport.
2016-7-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules