Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 Vision Range Extender Bricking Compilation - Android & iOS
4194 21 2016-7-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

If you have a Phantom 2 Vision or any version Phantom 2 with a Range Extender (RE) you need to be very wary of the version of Vision ap you are running, Android and iOS versions had been released earlier this year that were forcing updates to the Range Extenders and bricking them or causing them to loose live video back to the phone or tablet, Countless users have been affected.

DJI have apparently released new versions of the Vision ap for both Android and iOS which apparently now prevents this forced update however if you have already been affected and the update had been forced to your RE then it is most likel you will need to contact DJi to get your RE replaced.

Too many threads to try to navigate through so i tried to find the ones with more detail to post the links here.
Problems have not been limited to iOS as the first to experience the RE's bricking were Android users back in January, you really think DJI would have learned form this before they dished out the garbage upgrade to iOS users, but no, just had to try to affect everyone off equally!

DJI Tim even posted at one point to contact Dji support to get the range extender module though no reference to what would be involved with that, frankly, it should only be a call, verification of a serial number and new one should be sent with a return pouch for the defective one. That is how it should be done...There are other ways to handle it but why make it so difficult and take away their enjoyment and for some their livelihood?

Just curious, Why was a sticky never posted to let users know to avoid doing the Vision ap upgrade or simply, why was the Vison ap not pulled sooner?
I believe most who purchased their Phantoms registered at some point, why not send an email to advise users of potential problems and a solution to rectify it if you had been affected?

http://forum.dji.com/thread-41279-1-1.html - posted Jan 29, 2016 - Android
http://forum.dji.com/thread-41343-1-1.html - posted Jan 29, 2016 - Android
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41364&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D370%26typeid%3D370 - Posted Jan 29, 2016 - Android
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=56218&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D370%26typeid%3D370 - Posted June 23, 2016 - iOS
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=56343&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D370%26typeid%3D370 - Posted June 25, 2016 - iOS
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=57515&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D370%26typeid%3D370 - Posted July 7, 2016 - iOS

Anyhow, good luck and hope DJI does not lose sight of this issue (cause most users have - bad pun) and can do something to get those of you affected back up with the same Vision you had when you purchased your Drone cause the name Vision is really unfitting at this point!

First Response.JPG
We're working on it.JPG
Get in touch with support.JPG
2016-7-9
Use props
hardluck2go
lvl.1

Great post! Thanks for taking the time. There sure is a lot of info about this, and it seems more and more are popping up everyday.

Mine upgraded to the Phantom Black without me knowing what happened.
2016-7-9
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38747 ft
United States

Yes, it's been a battle dealing with DJI........has anyone actually sent their RE700 back to DJI to correct the firmware?   Or does DJI want the entire kit, P2, RC, and RE700, to be sent back for re-programming?  I'm getting a new RE700 tomorrow (7/11/16) that's allegedly never been flashed.  The only old DJI Vision IOS app I have is 1.0.56.   Is this the one with the forced flash?   Or is it 1.0.58?   And if anyone has 1.0.48 for IOS and can share it somehow, some of us can get through this crisis.  The Vision app is password locked, we'd have figure a way around that.   Thanks from an almost ex-DJI user.
2016-7-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

janj3
iOS ipa 1.0.48 posted here but i could not get it to work as it appears there is something embedded in the ipa tying it to the original itunes holders account,
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D370%26typeid%3D370
i was able to find a program to force it to a second iphone i was trying to hook up but it kept asking me for my itunes account, which i entered but it somehow knew it was not my itunes account that this particular ipa was linked to. If you download and find a way to make it work, please let us know.,
I am fortunate enough to still have another phone with the 1.0.48 on it that works but again, the wonderbars at apple with their newer itunes do not store ipa's as they used to on your computer so you may be SOL!

2016-7-10
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-7-10 14:06
janj3
iOS ipa 1.0.48 posted here but i could not get it to work as it appears there is something emb ...

I edited the 1.0.48 app using plist and added it to my ITunes.  In plist I can change the user id to mine, but I'm having an issue with the computer authorization when I try to sync it to my IPhone 6S.  I'm still researching and not sure if the mac address is used or the wifi address of my iphone is in the linux code.  If i solve this tonight I'll post the fix.  I have a fresh RE700 coming tomorrow and would like to prove to myself that DJI screwed up.  
2016-7-10
Use props
janj3
lvl.2
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-7-10 14:06
janj3
iOS ipa 1.0.48 posted here but i could not get it to work as it appears there is something emb ...

I should have mentioned someone in the DJI forum posted a drop box link with the 1.0.48 app, it's *.ipa file which can be edited using winrar and plist.
2016-7-10
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126857 ft
Italy

i would suggest we start with a petition maybe? if we get enough numbers than it's not all speculation after all and someone should make an official statement.
2016-7-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

janj3@optonline Posted at 2016-7-10 15:51
I edited the 1.0.48 app using plist and added it to my ITunes.  In plist I can change the user id  ...

Thanks and appreciated,
2016-7-11
Use props
scotthan69
lvl.1

Thanks for posting. Nice to have one consolidated link - maybe they will take notice once this thread blows up (or shall we say bricks up?)

Here's my brick post - http://forum.dji.com/thread-57670-1-1.html
2016-7-11
Use props
scotthan69
lvl.1

I just received this reply via twitter saying they would replace the range extender. DJI-Paladin has also replied twice on my original thread saying the same thing. Looks like everyone just needs to open a ticket, start the RMA process, and just send in the Range Extender.
2016-7-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

scotthan69@hotm Posted at 2016-7-11 17:11
Thanks for posting. Nice to have one consolidated link - maybe they will take notice once this threa ...

Happy to try to help though still miffed that they can not take it on the chin like a pro and just post a sticky which would stay at the top of the thread and give everyone some assurance and instructions on exactly what they should be doing vs. haphazardly posting in different threads which some will never see causing way too many posts on the same issue.

And why bis this post not showing up in the forum?
2016-7-12
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

scotthan69@hotm Posted at 2016-7-12 08:23
I just received this reply via twitter saying they would replace the range extender. DJI-Paladin has ...

I did wrote a few emails all around DJI's dept. and have to say they responded immediately. No words about expenses and also got my RMA form. Will post here about solution, once received.

p.s.
what wold you send in?
- extender only
- whole remote (with extender mounted)
- whole drone

I dunno what to send. They sent an open RMA where I have to choose what components to send.
2016-7-12
Use props
scotthan69
lvl.1

ozione Posted at 2016-7-13 04:21
I did wrote a few emails all around DJI's dept. and have to say they responded immediately. No wor ...

From everything I've read it's just the range extender that was impacted by the auto-firmware update on the app. I elected to just send in my range extender. It went in the mail yesterday, so I won't be able to tell you exactly if it fixes the problem, but I'll update both threads when I get it back.
2016-7-12
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Italy

scotthan69@hotm Posted at 2016-7-13 00:30
From everything I've read it's just the range extender that was impacted by the auto-firmware upda ...

will do the same, thanks.
2016-7-12
Use props
ozione
lvl.2
Slovenia

Just to inform anyone; I've contact DJI regarding WHICH part to send in; reply was "Whole Phantom + RC".
Just FYI.
2016-7-16
Use props
fans1113b0a9
New
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-7-10 10:06
janj3
iOS ipa 1.0.48 posted here but i could not get it to work as it appears there is something embedded in the ipa tying it to the original itunes holders account,

I have a Phantom 2 Vision, and a Phantom Vision 2+. I have not flown them for over a year, and then they only had accumulated a few hours fight time each at the most.
I gave the Vision to my son for Christmas so he could learn to fly and take pictures. When we started up the phantom Vision we had the same "no video feed" issues, and everything else was ok, but no video feed.
So I started up my Vision 2+: same exact problems!!! DJI has intentionally crippled the older quadcopters to force us to buy new models. This is outrageous!
Online, there are thousands of posts with the same exact issues.
I was ready to place an order for the new Phantom 4 plus, even after I bought the Phantom 4 last spring.
Now I swear I will never trust DJI again, unless they resolve the problems they created.
2017-1-7
Use props
Billj747
lvl.1

United States

fans1113b0a9 Posted at 2017-1-7 19:53
I have a Phantom 2 Vision, and a Phantom Vision 2+. I have not flown them for over a year, and then they only had accumulated a few hours fight time each at the most.
I gave the Vision to my son for Christmas so he could learn to fly and take pictures. When we started up the phantom Vision we had the same "no video feed" issues, and everything else was ok, but no video feed.
So I started up my Vision 2+: same exact problems!!! DJI has intentionally crippled the older quadcopters to force us to buy new models. This is outrageous!

I just had the same problem.  The P2V+ has been working flawlessly until a forced update which IMMEDIATELY broke the range extender and video link module.  They are trying to charge me $267 to repair the quad.
They must be doing it intentionally.  This is unacceptable DJI.  There's too many competitors out there to get a reputation for doing this and losing trust and a loyal customer base.
2017-1-20
Use props
Billj747
lvl.1

United States

Update:  What a horrible company.  They needed my proof of purchase twice to verify that I'm the original buyer and to see if it's still under warranty.  They apparently are so incompetent that my original submission of the proof of purchase wasn't tied to the creation of my Case number.

Each phone call was a minimum of a 30 minute wait and often 45 minutes to an hour.  I was 'accidentally disconnected' TWICE forcing me to go to the end of the queue and waiting again.  The first level of 'support' is less than useless while the supervisors/managers aren't all that helpful either.

A supervisor promised an immediate call back 'within an hour' which tuned out to be an email response 3 days later offering a 50% discount on the repair...to the bricked Range Extender which THEIR update CAUSED.  After another hour on the phone, rejecting this offer, a supervisor asked the head of the warranty department to cover it and was turned down.

Even at a 50% discount ($133), they are still profiting A LOT on these components.  It's unacceptable for a company to intentionally or accidentally release a software update that renders a product useless, and then profiting off of the repairs.

DJI is a horrible company to deal with and I don't trust them at all.  You've lost me as a customer.
2017-1-24
Use props
ulibest
New

Mexico

Billj747 Posted at 2017-1-24 09:39
Update:  What a horrible company.  They needed my proof of purchase twice to verify that I'm the original buyer and to see if it's still under warranty.  They apparently are so incompetent that my original submission of the proof of purchase wasn't tied to the creation of my Case number.

Each phone call was a minimum of a 30 minute wait and often 45 minutes to an hour.  I was 'accidentally disconnected' TWICE forcing me to go to the end of the queue and waiting again.  The first level of 'support' is less than useless while the supervisors/managers aren't all that helpful either.

well, I'm starting to travel the same road as You. first "disconnected" phone call. The funny thing is that the rep is simply saying is a "hardware failure". Wow, selling faulty devices with no remorse to say it. Please DJI, behave like a real company.You'll lose a lot of customers.
2017-4-14
Use props
fanseb4d12c9
New

Poland

Good to see a summary. Could you add version numbers? From comments I am seeing 1.0.48 was the last solid version, and even 1.0.60 does not fix it. The DJI website seems to be offering 1.0.59.
2017-7-16
Use props
fanseb4d12c9
New

Poland

Do correct these version numbers if I have it wrong.
2017-7-16
Use props
sldimond
New
Flight distance : 928002 ft
United States

@DJI Case number CAS 2549150V9N2W3.....

So it appears my extender is trashed due to the official DJI update.  Customer support states repair is no longer available (on a 3 year old product?) and only option is for me to buy a new P3 at 15% discount?  I ask @DJI to put yourself in my position.  How would you feel If you spent over $1000 on a product and then followed the manufacturers guidelines and updated resulting in your drone being trashed? And then to have the only fix be buy a new one? I am hoping someone from DJI sees this and can help with a better solution.
2018-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules