Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Travelling to India
31443 37 2016-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mgoyette
lvl.1
Canada

Next year I will be travelling to India ...of course I want to bring my P4.....the only thing that scares me is travelling with it over there ....I have taken it on planes before without any trouble....but India!!!.... has anyone done this trip ....and should I be worry?
2016-7-13
Use props
stevenkanavalli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84646 ft
Canada

Hey, I'm looking to do the same in December 2016.

This is what I have heard from a friend who is a flight attendant on an Indian airline.

DRONES ARE BANNED

Apparently if you bring your DJI Phantom 4 they will not allow it into the country, they will confiscate it is what I'm being told.

They have a list at Indian Customs, and this apparently states that Drones are banned in India. My friend is going to get me more information.

As first I thought I would just have to pay a duty to bring it in, but apparently not.

Hopefully I'm wrong. The funny thing is, you can BUY drones in India....I have heard stories of tourists getting arrested for flying drones.

Hopefully i'm wrong, hopefully this helps.
2016-7-18
Use props
mgoyette
lvl.1
Canada

stevenkanavalli Posted at 2016-7-18 10:51
Hey, I'm looking to do the same in December 2016.

This is what I have heard from a friend who is a  ...

Heck yeah it helps ...outch ... keep me up to date if you find anything else....I will do the same .....
Thanks so much
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I suggest you contact the airline you plan to take and Indian customs,

Also, be careful about where you put your package, you don't want to get your drones stolen.
2016-7-20
Use props
ajayrdshah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9311 ft
United Kingdom

https://uavsystemsinternational. ... y/india-drone-laws/

Drones are NOT banned in India, in fact some of Bollywood's top directors are investing heavily in Drones !!
2016-7-21
Use props
stevenkanavalli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84646 ft
Canada

ajayrdshah Posted at 2016-7-21 16:10
https://uavsystemsinternational.com/drone-laws-by-country/india-drone-laws/

Drones are NOT banned i ...

Hey,

I think the important thing to keep in mind is that if you are taking your drone to India be aware. I have information directly from Airline staff working on major airlines who talk to customs officials all the time, and they are indicating that drones are not allowed in India. It's on a restricted list apparently. They will take it...how old is this article you post?

Bollywood directors buying drones can pay off anyone to get it into the country and I'm sure are exempt from regulations you and I will have to abide by.

I hope I'm wrong, as I would love to bring my drone to India to capture some footage for my brother-in-law wedding, but unless I know for sure, I'm leaving it at home.

I will post more if I find out more.
2016-7-26
Use props
andika.kamal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1031952 ft
Indonesia

Bringing in Quadcopter to India is OK, but going out will be problem with the Airport Security (especially battere).

http://www.airlinecomplaints.org/showthread.php?p=32845#post32845
2016-10-20
Use props
andika.kamal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1031952 ft
Indonesia

Here is another story.... http://timesofindia.indiatimes.c ... leshow/54771813.cms
2016-10-20
Use props
lTlMX6g6TmDN
lvl.1

Australia

Just got back from India, I had a Mavic in my carry-on bag and they stopped me on the way back to OZ...
I just got lucky they allowed me to get it into the check in luggage...
be careful, use the check in luggage if want to rick anyway...
2016-11-10
Use props
ROOKIECBR
Canada

lTlMX6g6TmDN Posted at 2016-11-10 20:51
Just got back from India, I had a Mavic in my carry-on bag and they stopped me on the way back to OZ...
I just got lucky they allowed me to get it into the check in luggage...
be careful, use the check in luggage if want to rick anyway...

Travelling to India in January...flying into Delhi, I also have the MAVIC. any issues going into the country with it? Ive read every forum and theyre all very vague with their explanations about drones in India. All of them state as of April 1st, you have to declare your drone and pay a tax. do they confiscate? or is the Mavic small enough that they would allow it into the country.

after reading all these threads, i dont plan on flying it in India. But i'll be heading over to SE Asia and im looking to shoot some video there.
2016-12-9
Use props
Freewell
Second Officer

United States

One of our team member is just recently been to India with Drone & he did pass through the scan machine without being stop.
2016-12-11
Use props
SajidShah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Drones are not banned in INDIA Many Videos comes from Famous places from India with DJI Phantoms ... and In Public Arias and Military arias its banned on every country but on remote location no one cares about Drone in ASIA ...
2016-12-11
Use props
fans6c69eba4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 100331 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do your research outside these forums:

International flyers bringing drones into India will now have to declare them with the customs.

Flying a drone in India can end you up in jail. Know the laws!

"According to the new customs rules, only passengers who carry prohibited or dutiable goods will have to fill the customs form upon arrival. Although there is no ban on the import of drones into India, there are restrictions on their use. It is currently illegal for civilians to use drones in India due to security, privacy and safety concerns." – www.ibtimes.co.uk
More importantly, contact the airline your flying.
2016-12-11
Use props
fans838294c8
New
Australia

Hi Guys, was there any trouble with your trip to India and carrying the Mavic pro ? Did you declare on the customs form and were you asked by the officer ?
2017-1-10
Use props
Euc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 69 ft
Australia

Other than what's been said here about Indan laws, check the LiPo restrictions. You will need to notify the airline and get permission to carry on since the battery capacity will be over the non-declare limit. They go in carry on luggage along with your samsung s7 (turned off or thrown in the the bin before you board!). India is unpredictable with everything other than a good bribe. You will also have half the town watching when you fly and all the town the next day.
2017-1-10
Use props
fans838294c8
New
Australia

ROOKIECBR Posted at 2016-12-9 13:30
Travelling to India in January...flying into Delhi, I also have the MAVIC. any issues going into the country with it? Ive read every forum and theyre all very vague with their explanations about drones in India. All of them state as of April 1st, you have to declare your drone and pay a tax. do they confiscate? or is the Mavic small enough that they would allow it into the country.

after reading all these threads, i dont plan on flying it in India. But i'll be heading over to SE Asia and im looking to shoot some video there.

Hey Rookie,

How did it go ? I am in the same boat as yours. Travelling to SA after landing in Mumbai so need to know if you declared on the form and did customs let the mavic go with you ?
2017-1-11
Use props
Euc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 69 ft
Australia

PM Double D. His profile location is India and mentions being in Mumbai in the 'Problem in video shooting...' thread.
2017-1-11
Use props
Katoch
lvl.1

India

Hi,

I am traveling to india on 25th March 2017, I have Dji Phanton 3Drone with me

1. Can I take it with me to India or Not?
2. I am taking it in my luggage baggage and not in check-in, is there any issue if I do so?
3. Do I have to declare this to customs, if yes then only in India or in USA as well?
4. Do I have to pay the custom or import duty on my drone in India?

TIA
2017-3-19
Use props
fans068d591a
New

India

@katoch. How did it went. Did you took drone with you ??
2017-3-25
Use props
shadabansari
New

India

Have any laws/rules that have come out recently for allowing drones in India? Do the airport authorities have problem with the batteries only or the drone(without batteries) too?
2017-5-26
Use props
fans5c0cd62f
New
India

Hey guys , I just got my mavic pro in china and managed to get it to India .

Had no idea about the ban !

Had the drone in luggage

Handcarried the batteries

Did get my luggage scanned by coustoms

I told them it was a controller for my Xbox one

I just got lucky you will have to risk it .

Best of luck

Details below on how to get it back

http://www.photozone.in/get-drone-released-indian-customs/
2017-6-4
Use props
fans5c0cd62f
New
India

Hey guys , I just got my mavic pro in china and managed to get it to India .

Had no idea about the ban !

Had the drone in luggage

Handcarried the batteries

Did get my luggage scanned by coustoms

I told them it was a controller for my Xbox one

I just got lucky you will have to risk it .

Best of luck

Details below on how to get it back

http://www.photozone.in/get-drone-released-indian-customs/
2017-6-4
Use props
fans84c45e74
New

United States

stevenkanavalli Posted at 2016-7-26 11:37
Hey,

I think the important thing to keep in mind is that if you are taking your drone to India be aware. I have information directly from Airline staff working on major airlines who talk to customs officials all the time, and they are indicating that drones are not allowed in India. It's on a restricted list apparently. They will take it...how old is this article you post?

How I can buy dji mavic in india?
2017-6-14
Use props
Psycho Realm
lvl.1
Thailand

Read this :

https://www.thebetterindia.com/120302/flying-drone-india-laws-law-security/

I am very disappointed
2018-1-8
Use props
djiuser_FcWMo4X
New
United States

I will taking my DJI Mavic pro travelling from Chicago to Mumbai. Any suggestions?
2018-1-9
Use props
fans202a8f21
New

Australia

Does anyone habe new information about bringing a drone from overseas to India?
I am flying to India in the end of March 2018!
Can i take it into the country or NOT!? Or can I leave it on the airport and pick it up when I leave the country?
Cheers guys!
2018-1-9
Use props
Tesh_Boy
New
Australia

Hi
Anyone knows about DJI Spark allow in India as I am traveling 26/01/2018. I saw a post saying that India has changed the rules from 2018 allowing Drones in India

Thanks
2018-1-15
Use props
fans2c691c82
New

Ireland

Tesh_Boy Posted at 2018-1-15 16:45
Hi
Anyone knows about DJI Spark allow in India as I am traveling 26/01/2018. I saw a post saying that India has changed the rules from 2018 allowing Drones in India

Heyy how did it go?
2018-1-25
Use props
clinstonp11
New

United Arab Emirates

Tesh_Boy Posted at 2018-1-15 16:45
Hi

Hi how did it go??
2018-1-26
Use props
Njw83
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

Any update on this from those who previously said they were planning on taking their Mavic into India??

I'm happy not to fly there if its not allowed but I will have it with me for use in other countries before and after India so dont want it confiscated.

Thanks
2018-2-1
Use props
Samhere
New
Flight distance : 59567 ft
India

fans202a8f21 Posted at 2018-1-9 16:21
Does anyone habe new information about bringing a drone from overseas to India?
I am flying to India in the end of March 2018!
Can i take it into the country or NOT!? Or can I leave it on the airport and pick it up when I leave the country?

HI
1. Drones are banned in India. Export and import of drones are not permitted . November 2016 the DGCA has come up with a new drone policy that will make drone legal in India, but unfortunately the law is yet to get  approved and implemented by the authority.
2. How to bring drone to India. Customs catches drones by its typical  shape. so bringing you phantom series are 100% risky. you an bring mavic . Remove the batteries and props from the drone. cover the motors with a motor cap and wrap the mavic and keep it safely in the checkin luggage. remember to keep your controller away from the drone. carry the lipo batteries in the hand baggage and tell its power banks if they ask.(always remember this is a chance those who want to take risk)
3. if you get caught while bringing to India they will detain the drone and issue you a notice , make sure you tick the re.export check box, so you can take it back when you fly back from inda.
4. Flying drone india is not a big issue unless you bother people around you or you fly it on restricted areas like country borders, military areas and near airport etc..
2018-2-14
Use props
Samhere
New
India

HI
1. Drones are banned in India. Export and import of drones are not permitted . November 2017 the DGCA has come up with a new drone policy that will make drone legal in India, but unfortunately the law is yet to get  approved and implemented by the authority.
2. How to bring drone to India. Customs catches drones by its typical  shape. so bringing your phantom series are 100% risky. you can bring mavic . Remove the batteries and props from the drone. cover the motors with a motor cap and wrap the mavic and keep it safely in the checkin luggage. remember to keep your controller away from the drone. carry the lipo batteries in the hand baggage and tell its power banks if they ask.(always remember this is a chance those who want to take risk)
3. if you get caught while bringing to India they will detain the drone and issue you a notice , make sure you tick the re.export check box, so you can take it back when you fly back from inda.
4. Flying drone india is not a big issue unless you bother people around you or you fly it on restricted areas like country borders, military areas and near airport etc..
2018-2-14
Use props
shivik
New

United States

can i bring sky wiper drone for age 12 + India?
2018-2-15
Use props
shivik
New

United States

2018-2-15
Use props
Samhere
New
India

shivik Posted at 2018-2-15 16:57

drone without camera no problem. value exceeding 20-25 USD and drone with camera you will be in trouble
2018-2-26
Use props
user4d1a594bf6
New

I travelled to India 3 times, always I carry with my phantom 4 pro drone. No issues at all. Don't worry, nobody will stop you.
2018-6-23
Use props
GT$Hans
Flight distance : 75630 ft

So a good news here, Drones law in India are notified and it will be legal to fly drones (after registration - only for citizens ) under 200ft. Flying upto 400ft will require UA-Operation Permit.
Flight plans will have to be filed in with Digital Sky Platform. No app,website link to register are yet available as this law is to be effective from December 01 2018. Exciting start.

https://www.news18.com/news/tech ... ou-buy-1858795.html
2018-8-27
Use props
vbykov
New
Flight distance : 35558 ft
Russia

Hi gues!

Whats new expirence? To take drone in India.
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules