Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jstade
lvl.1
Flight distance : 807740 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello all,

Is there anybody here who would want to share information about Tanzania rules for sUAV operations ? I've got in touch with the local aviation authorities, but still no answer.

Thank you all

J.

2016-7-13
Use props
schoenda
lvl.1
United States

Hey, did you ever get your answer or is your trip already over?

I don't know a thing about your question but went to Tanzania about 8 yrs ago. Holy cow I wish I had had my Inspire then. AWSOME picture opportunities. Had to make due with a actual old fashion hand held camera and a telephoto lens the size of a small rpg. LOL.

Let us know what's up.
2016-8-27
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

Yes, would love to know this too.. planning a trip there soon.
2017-1-30
Use props
fans8f91da76
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

tivoboy Posted at 2017-1-30 10:32
Yes, would love to know this too.. planning a trip there soon.

Hi,

So my experiences shown that flying in the parks is not allowed at all, even with the filming permit. Flying outside parks is ok. The ambassy tells us to not bring any drone at all, but it was ok in the toll zone. If you go to zanzibar, there's no rules for UAV's.

Hoping this will help.
2017-2-3
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
United States

So, @fans.  do you think even BRINGING a drone in is problematic?  I don't want to have to leave it at customs, just for the chance of filming outside parks?  Thoughts?
2017-2-4
Use props
Joe95
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Hi,

I think bringing a drone is problematic as the embassy always said to not nring any drone, even for professional purpose. Customs are a little bit tricky.

Hoping this would help
2017-2-6
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Tanzania

wellp, I just got to Tanzania, made it through and in, nobody said a word.  Didn't even ask. YMMV.
2017-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules