Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HOW TO FIX "MOIRE" PROBLEM IN PHANTOM 3 STANDARD
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gerardorejeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

HI,

Got one question about the moire problem in videos sometimes.  I am using polar pro nd8  ISO 100  SHUTTER SPEED is 80 ... cant put it down more.   I see MOIRE sometimes on structures that triger it, fences,, roof tops.... and things like that. How do you guys reduce this anoying effect ?  I havent tried yet reducing the sharpness...    but I would hate to do that anyways... is there another way to reduce the moire.  Thanks in advance

2016-7-18
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

You will always have some moire due to the camera chip itself. You just need to minimize it as much as possible.

If you are using the ND8 in bright sun and only partially overcast then you need to start using a ND16. A polarizer can help somewhat over roads, water, light colored buildings and anything else that is highly reflective.

Set your white balance to D-Log and your sharpness to -2, contrast -3, and saturation to -2. Also, your shutter speed should be no more than twice your fps. If you are recording at 30 fps your shutter speed should be no more than 60.

Don' worry about the settings as you can quickly and easily adjust them in your post production software.
2016-7-18
Use props
gerardorejeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

skipilot1 Posted at 2016-7-18 16:01
You will always have some moire due to the camera chip itself. You just need to minimize it as much  ...

Thanks alot.. I will try that... reason why I ask is because.. when i see the video straight from the sd card.. moire is almost unnoticeable.. but when i render the videos in powerdirector 14  things become very noticeable  
2016-7-18
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

gerardorejeg Posted at 2016-7-18 12:44
Thanks alot.. I will try that... reason why I ask is because.. when i see the video straight from the sd card.. moire is almost unnoticeable.. but when i render the videos in powerdirector 14  things become very noticeable

I know this is an old thread, but did you try what was suggested and did you have better results?
2017-8-14
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.3
United States

I've been noticing this very same thing with my P3P footage and I noticed its not there when I checked the card directly. I was wondering if it had to do with how I was transcoding my P3P footage to Apple Pro Res 422
2017-8-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Chuck1906 Posted at 2017-8-14 15:27
I know this is an old thread, but did you try what was suggested and did you have better results?

Moire is more to do with the device you are viewing the images on, not the camera or the file.
2017-8-14
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-14 15:31
Moire is more to do with the device you are viewing the images on, not the camera or the file.

Hmmmmm okay well in my case, that would be a 21 inch iMac screen. When I look at the footage I shot directly from the card, it all looks great. Its after I convert the H.264 file over to Apple Pro Res 422 is when I am noticing the Moire problem.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules