Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My First Test Flight (Phantom 3 4k)
12Next >
27234 62 2016-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcwbass
lvl.1

United States

Hi there guys, I'm new here. I thought I'd join the community so I can improve my drone skills and hopefully give any advice I might learn.

So a bit of back story...

I am currently touring around Europe in a motorhome with my wife and our Labrador dog. As we've been on our travels I have been looking at getting a drone (I wish I got it sooner), and it wasn't until I had a go with my friends drone that I fell in love with it...

anyways...

we have travelled up from Spain, through Portugal and France and are now currently in the UK on the south coast of England (I am English), we arrived in England and Jessops (camera shop) had a sale on the Phantom 3 4K so I got it. I can't wait to travel up to Scotland and parts of northern Europe to get some amazing drone shots. Here is my first drone video, I hope you like it.

Any advice is welcome

2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice, I would love to do a trip like that. I'm sure you'll have tons and tons of really great footage.
2016-7-18
Use props
marcwbass
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-7-18 17:45
Nice, I would love to do a trip like that. I'm sure you'll have tons and tons of really great footag ...

I hope so! I'm learning.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have a long trip with plenty of incredible sights to see. Don't get too daring until close to the end of your trip just in case of an accident
2016-7-18
Use props
Dr AJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9311 ft
United Kingdom

WOW - What did you use to edit?
2016-7-18
Use props
marcwbass
lvl.1

United States

Dr AJ Posted at 2016-7-18 18:14
WOW - What did you use to edit?

Hiya Dr AJ. I used Adobe Premiere Pro to edit and to colour grade it.
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Good footage and keep going
2016-7-18
Use props
Michael89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336880 ft
Israel

Amazing footage, like the pro's, wish I had such an amazing places to shoot at, despite the cloudy late evening weather, it seems to be quite windless right ?
Keep it up, I'm subscribed
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Not sure if it's because of my monitor, the video looks a bit cloudy and not very clear.   But nice editing.
2016-7-18
Use props
marcWbass
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-7-18 23:24
Good footage and keep going

Thanks Paladin
2016-7-18
Use props
marcwbass
lvl.1

United States

Michael89 Posted at 2016-7-18 23:34
Amazing footage, like the pro's, wish I had such an amazing places to shoot at, despite the cloudy l ...

Thanks Michael, this was shot in Cornwall in England, it's a beautiful part of the world. It was windy that evening, the winds where blowing in along the coast.
2016-7-18
Use props
marcWbass
lvl.1

United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-18 23:41
Not sure if it's because of my monitor, the video looks a bit cloudy and not very clear.   But nice  ...

Hiya H.C, that's interesting... were your playback settings lower in YouTube i.e. did you play it at 1080/4k?
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

You are welcome. Happy flying
2016-7-18
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

marcWbass Posted at 2016-7-19 03:18
Hiya H.C, that's interesting... were your playback settings lower in YouTube i.e. did you play it  ...

Yeah, it's in 1080P.  Just an office standard Dell monitor
2016-7-18
Use props
canonsvogel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 684826 ft
  • >>>

Nice video, I have a phantom 3 4k too.
edit: not anymore haha
2016-7-18
Use props
marcWbass
lvl.1

United States

canonsvogel Posted at 2016-7-19 03:38
Nick video, I have hot ä planton 3 4k to

Thanks Canonsvogel, have you used your P3 4K much?
2016-7-19
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-19 02:41
Not sure if it's because of my monitor, the video looks a bit cloudy and not very clear.   But nice  ...

I agree! The cinematography was great, but the image quality was poor! Very poor!
2016-7-19
Use props
marcWbass.com
lvl.1

United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-19 03:20
Yeah, it's in 1080P.  Just an office standard Dell monitor

Hmmmm... is the video really fuzzy? It look's okay at my end, I'll see if anyone else says the same. A fuzzy video isn't good hahaha Thanks for the heads up mate
2016-7-19
Use props
simondobbins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204610 ft
United Kingdom

Quality looks great on my desktop, its a little poor when not in full screen tho so maybe thats their problem.  Great Job !
2016-7-19
Use props
marcWbass
lvl.1

United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-7-19 02:24
I agree! The cinematography was great, but the image quality was poor! Very poor!

What browser are you using? Are you using Internet Explorer?
2016-7-19
Use props
canonsvogel
lvl.2
  • >>>

I doesn't have it for a long time.
I really like this drone.
2016-7-19
Use props
rebsfan22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29774 ft
United States

Looks fine on my macbook pro retina display
2016-7-19
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9671732 ft
Canada

This is awesome for a first time flight.
It looks great from here.
I picked up a P3 4K on special as well, loving it.
2016-7-19
Use props
marcWbass
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2016-7-20 05:57
This is awesome for a first time flight.
It looks great from here.
I picked up a P3 4K on special as ...

Thanks man. Yeah the deal I got was cheaper and came with a free SD card
2016-7-19
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

marcWbass Posted at 2016-7-19 10:34
What browser are you using? Are you using Internet Explorer?

I use firefox
2016-7-20
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job. Welcome to the ever growing DJI family.
2016-7-20
Use props
marcWbass.com
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rodger Posted at 2016-7-20 19:33
Nice job. Welcome to the ever growing DJI family.

Hiya Rodger, thanks mate
2016-7-20
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

So are you US or Australia? No matter.  Gutsy flying for newbie good start.
2016-7-20
Use props
marcWbass
lvl.1

United Kingdom

talk2t_c Posted at 2016-7-20 19:38
So are you US or Australia? No matter.  Gutsy flying for newbie good start.

Hey man, thanks, I think I could of taken it further but I really didn't want to crash it . I'm English.
2016-7-20
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Your most welcome. Your next step will be the Phantom 4. I have had all of the Phantoms and the P4 is the best yet.
2016-7-21
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

rodger Posted at 2016-7-21 06:07
Your most welcome. Your next step will be the Phantom 4. I have had all of the Phantoms and the P4 ...

Morning Rodger,

Just curious what it is about the P4 that you like best over the rest of the Phantoms.
I currently own a P3 4k and love it, just trying to imagine what more there could be.
Let me know when you get a minute.
Thanks
2016-7-21
Use props
canonsvogel
lvl.2
  • >>>

I haven't hot IT doe ä long time
2016-7-21
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2016-7-21 07:32
Morning Rodger,

Just curious what it is about the P4 that you like best over the rest of the Phan ...

I don't know where to start. The firmware updates are so simple, not perfect but close, they are getting there. No fooling around with your sd cards to do an update just about plug and play. The finish on the Phantom, RC, and everything associated with the Phantom. I am an Apple guy big time. If you have seen the Apple packaging such as the watch the P4 is identical. I don't know if DJI and Apple use the same vendor or just the same process but, the strength and smooth pure white finish really adds a lot of class to the product. I like the collision avoidance system. It is pretty much flawless. I have tried it in a large amount of circumstances intentionally and it never fails. One of my tests is a 4" fence post in my yard and it sees it every time. The responsiveness of the P4 is truly amazing. It handles like a Formula 1 car. You tell it to stop and as soon as it gets the command it has stopped in flight, hardly any drift at all. That is a bit unnerving at first and until your mind accepts it. My example is to put it full speed up and let the left stick go back to center for a hover. When you do that you will hear the motors shut down, a bit scary at first because you think that it is going to come down like a rock. Actually what is happening is that the P4 knows the height that the stop command was initiated and is dropping to that point and then going into the hover. The installation and removal of the props is so simple, just push down to unlock and a slight rotation and they are on or off. The flight time is perfect for my flying. I am not an aggressive flyer and I get a good 30 minutes of flight per charge. Speaking of charging the optional 3 battery charging hub is top shelf. Not only will it charge the batteries it will also discharge and maintain the batteries at the recommended 50%. The quality of photos and video are truly amazing and I am a high end photographer. My workhorse is a Nikon D3x 25 mp camera which I will never part with. The news lens on the P4 is super sharp. The auto exposure mode is spot on. The auto functions are spot on, just fly and photograph with no worries. The new Gimbal is very strong and speaking of the the transport guard is just as easy as the prop installation and removal. Those are the things that immediately come to mind when you ask what I like about the P4. The "GO" program is a complete story in itself. I use the intelligent orientation on a regular basis and it makes things so easy to fly.
Once you fly the P4 there is no looking back. You get a quality reliable product for a very modest price.
2016-7-22
Use props
MaYhEm sMiLeY
lvl.4
Canada

rodger Posted at 2016-7-22 06:58
I don't know where to start. The firmware updates are so simple, not perfect but close, they are g ...

Hey Rodger,

Thanks for the detailed response.
Whoa have you peeked my interest
Don't know if I mentioned that I currently have a P3 4k
I'm a better pilot than photographer.
Any recommendations to get a better understanding of photography?
2016-7-22
Use props
andreweaton69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1234993 ft
Australia

Gday
Great shots, love the ocean audio track under the soundtrack!  Did you record that audio separate  or off stock audio files?
Keep it up

Cheers
2016-7-22
Use props
fdelwrc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1775299 ft
United States

Nice ext audio, but video is kinda blurry using iPad mini 2 on Dji forum app
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's a great first attempt, thank you for sharing. You should put this on SkyPixel as well when you have the chance.
2016-7-22
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MaYhEm sMiLeY Posted at 2016-7-22 07:33
Hey Rodger,

Thanks for the detailed response.

Photography is like everything else. The more that you do the better you will become. The first two people for help that come to mind is Jim Hare, you will find his Tutorials in the Tutorial section here. The other person that will give you a lot of specific information on Photography and everything else DJI is Toms Tech Time. He has Tutorials here and on Youtube. He goes through the "Go" Program step by step. Really great to get you started.
2016-7-23
Use props
jokeracing
New

Wow I wish my first video looked that good

Excellent work

Keep it up
2016-7-23
Use props
Nfbarreto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 779839 ft
Spain

Great video, love the color grading ! I was hoping to see some shots of Portugal, but then I realized you only got this later !
2016-7-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules