X5 gimbal tilt problems since FW upgrade to 1.9.1.30
988 6 2016-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Working Wonders
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57844 ft
United Kingdom

I flew today for the first time since upgrading to 1.9.1.30. (I skipped the previous firmware and went straight from 1.8.1.00 because I hadn't been able to fly and because of the reported problems.)
When I tried to tilt the camera downwards from horizontal with the scroll wheel the camera went up and stopped. When I pulled on the wheel a bit further the camera went down.
With the camera at its maximum upward angle, pulling the wheel to bring it down caused a small movement before stopping. Pulling again but slightly further made it go down. It's all very unpredictable. The only thing that seems to work is tilting up from -90degs to +30.
I have changed the gimbal wheel speed setting a couple of times but it makes no difference. I thought it might have been the addition of an ND8 filter for the first time but when I took it off and reverted to the balancing ring it still didn't behave normally. I am using the stock DJI 15mm lens and have had no probelms before. After the firmware upgrade I calibrated the IMU, the compass and the sticks.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

2016-7-19
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Did you calibrate the wheel as well when doing the stick's?
2016-7-19
Use props
Working Wonders
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-7-19 18:32

No. I haven't done that before and when I checked I couldn't see an option. Does it follow on from the sticks or does it have to be done at the same time?
2016-7-19
Use props
Working Wonders
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-7-19 18:32

All sorted now. I'd completely forgotten about the scroll wheel strip along the bottom of the calibration screen. Thanks Cougar1. So no problems with V1.9.1.30 ... so far. Sorry for spreading alarm and despondency.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you do a gimbal calibration as well? Rebinding the RC to the aircraft should help ensure that the two are communicating properly. To clarify, do you use this unit as a single or dual operator?
2016-7-19
Use props
Working Wonders
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-19 19:54
Did you do a gimbal calibration as well? Rebinding the RC to the aircraft should help ensure that th ...

Hi Jamie. I'll try rebinding it if I still have the problem. I have two controllers but have only flown it with one so far. The slave is set up though.
2016-7-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Working Wonders Posted at 2016-7-20 03:14
Hi Jamie. I'll try rebinding it if I still have the problem. I have two controllers but have only  ...

Please let me know if the issue persists.
2016-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules