Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Extension Rod
2218 11 2016-7-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure I like the extension rod very much. You have to screw the entire Osmo to the thin end of it and when fully extended it's quite heavy and wobbles around quite a bit. (Even worse if you try adding the z-axis as well). It also means you have to control everything through the app, you can't use the trigger, joystick or buttons on the handle. I find it much more accurate to use the joystick rather than sweaty fingers on the phone.

Shame it couldn't be a bit more like the z-axis and fit between the body and camera head. Then I'd still be able to use the Osmo handle controls and would be lifting only the camera providing a more stable and easy shot.

But I guess I'm stuck with lofting the camera, handle, battery and gubbings above my head

Come on DJI, you have some great ideas and products, but you're not thinking about the detail and how it will be used.

2016-7-21
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for your feedback. Unlike Phantom series, which is now 4th generation, Osmo is the first video camera made by DJI, so some aspects about user experience may need improvement. But DJI is always striving to challenge itself and improve the products.
2016-7-22
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

Fair point, can I also request the new improved extension rod will be powered so it can extend and retract at a set speed.
2016-7-22
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

Looks like someone else made what I was looking for. Fits between the handle and camera. Although it to seems flawed as well, you need an extra side handle to you don't break the connector. A brace like the z-axis would make sense. And it's a fixed length..

2016-7-22
Use props
bleyten
lvl.3

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-7-23 04:20
Looks like someone else made what I was looking for. Fits between the handle and camera. Although it ...

I agree 100% with your thoughts on the DJI extension. Looks like we're not alone in that line of thinking either. I'm seriously considering the extension in the video you posted. Can't believe DJI didn't have enough forethought on this. Especially since the selfie mode requires the lens to be 41" distance to be in focus which is pretty ridiculous for a handheld camera!
2016-7-24
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

bleyten Posted at 2016-7-24 14:20
I agree 100% with your thoughts on the DJI extension. Looks like we're not alone in that line of t ...

If you get one let us know how it works for you. The connection worries me a little to much on that one.

I'm having a good look at my z-axis to see if that can be taken apart and a pole put between the connections. Not sure what cable / wire will be running through the it tho.

2016-7-24
Use props
LenMiddx
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2016-7-24 15:58
If you get one let us know how it works for you. The connection worries me a little to much on tha ...

I'll let you know how mine turns out once it arrives. $100 and postage free (not sure what the import duties will be -- depends on how they describe it    )

I think that the extra height should provide some good images.

ADDS: Text from DHL received to say it should be delivered on Friday -- 7 days from order.  Duty + any Fees is £24.
2016-7-25
Use props
LenMiddx
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well, the good news is that the extender turned up this afternoon (Thursday), and preliminary -- but very brief -- testing suggests that it's working OK.

The bad news is that the side handle was sent as a second package and although the tracking information says that it's arrived at the delivery facility, it wasn't on this afternoon's delivery.

DHL tracking says "partial delivery", so maybe it'll turn up tomorrow.

And you really do need the handle.

2016-7-28
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

So basically £100 delivered, not bad if it does the job. Can you post some close up pics of the connections? Thanks

Maybe Amazon has your other package, try looking on your neighbours roof
2016-7-28
Use props
BayArea99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197336 ft
United States

Bought one, nice product....
2016-8-4
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer