4509 29 2016-7-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
betzler.ryan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174203 ft
United States

Hello Forum,

I recently purchased a Samsung S2 8" tablet in hopes of having a good size screen when working with the P3P.

However, the DJI Go App is very inconsistant in connecting.  I constantly get USB screens popping up stating "USB Device is unable to access files on this device".  Yet I have USB set to MTP and USB Debugging is enabled.  

Has anyone had success with this great tablet?  I can't imagine it is not powerful enough.  

Thank you!
- Ryan

2016-7-22
Use props
userf1750e231f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77224 ft
United States

I am using a galaxy tab A 8.0. And have had a heck of a time to get it connected.  Try this in addition...  

In developer options under USB configuration try RNDIS (USB Ethernet)

You must redo this Everytime but it has connected consistently for me.
2016-7-22
Use props
robertkobylarz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248901 ft
United States

I use S2 8" and have 0 problems
Try different usb cable
2016-7-22
Use props
TacoRye
lvl.1
United States

robertkobylarz Posted at 2016-7-22 19:43
Try different usb cable

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried 3 different cables.  DJI supplied cable, random cable, and Samsung supplied USB cable.  All with the same results.  
2016-7-22
Use props
userf1750e231f
lvl.1
United States

After researching I think the connectivity issues are having to do with Android marshmallow in how it handles the USB port.  I was ready to pack up my whole aircraft and tablet and throw it out!  
2016-7-22
Use props
userf1750e231f Posted at 2016-7-23 08:10
After researching I think the connectivity issues are having to do with Android marshmallow in how i ...

Pretty sure it's the cable, Works every time with my Samsung Note 5 (with Android 6.0 Marshmallow)  I had problems with using other cables. It MUST be USB 3.0 cable.. Perhaps the original cable was defective? I also note that you must POWER OFF the Controller each time you plug in a different device (or change cables)
2016-7-22
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

I have an S2 8" that I bought exclusively for use with the P3A - it works perfectly every time.

Chances are that if it's not the cable, then it's somewhere in the settings for the tablet that your problem lies.  I'll leave ferreting for them to someone better experienced with tablets.

However - have you been caching video to the tablet?  Is the tablet memory full and overwriting app or system files?  Might be worth checking how much free storage you have on the tablet.

Another hint that I found by accident, is to just leave the tablet on for the life of a full battery charge, and connected to wifi ... there could be a mountain of system and app updates trying to download simultaneously, and that does weird things to trying to use it (my phone has this issue too sometimes).  Just a thought from outside the box.

Geezer
2016-7-22
Use props
m.carbone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 475486 ft
Switzerland

Hi
I've heard some voice that p3 doesn't work well with app djigo but djipilot yes.
I use tab s2 with p4 everything it's ok...
Check it out.
M
2016-7-23
Use props
betzler.ryan
lvl.1

Thank you all for the responses.

I have tried everything I can think of.

This S2 is brand new. I did a factory reset after my first attempts.  A message pops up when I connect the controller asking if I want DJI to be default app for this connection, I said yes.  It worked great.  

Then I turned everything off and tried to reconnect, and it doesn't work.  Tried many times.  The only option for connection is for the Inspire 1, yet it is connected to a P3P.  

Works fine on my Droid Turbo phone.  

I may return the tablet and get a iPad mini, as much as I don't want to go Apple.  

Thank you for all the advice!
2016-7-24
Use props
userf1750e231f
lvl.1
United States

I'm sorry to sound like a busted record.... but.

My problems were identical to yours.  I have zero problems now by:
Going to developer options, change USB configuration to RNDIS, the Go app will immediately connect.  Each time, Everytime.  Don't know why it works, but it does.  I'd love to hear why!!
2016-7-27
Use props
dposea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18419 ft
United States

userf1750e231f Posted at 2016-7-27 13:07

My problems were identical to yours.  I have zero  ...

I had problems with my Note 4, until I conected it to an IOS tablet for setup, and now it connects to my phone just fine. My Note 4 is on 4.4 Lollipop
2016-7-27
Use props
betzler.ryan
lvl.1

userf1750e231f Posted at 2016-7-27 13:07

My problems were identical to yours.  I have zero  ...

Very glad to hear this!  So to be certain, it works consistently now?  How is the app run on that tablet?

Thanks for the response! As I really enjoyed that tablet.  
2016-7-31
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

LOL, how are you guys going to trouble shoot when you don't even know the model # your talking about?
The S2 has at least two or three different model numbers that are different machines.

Don't know why Samsung would make an "S2 T-710" 2015 model, and their new one in North America is a "S2 T-713". The later has a different processor and comes with Android 6.01 installed.

It's the T-713 that I could not get to work, but am able to get T-710 to work.

Both these models have plenty of horsepower to run the app and a BEAUTIFUL screen.
2016-7-31
Use props
TacoRye
lvl.1
United States

mochorm Posted at 2016-7-31 16:54
LOL, how are you guys going to trouble shoot when you don't even know the model # your talking about ...

Thank you for the clarification.  I am new to Samsung devices so I was unaware that a device modeled "S2" would have so many variations.  

You were unsuccessful with your 713?  Yes, the screens are unbelievable!  Which is why I don't like the iPads as a replacement.  How well does the app run on 710?  
2016-8-1
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

TacoRye Posted at 2016-8-1 10:12
Thank you for the clarification.  I am new to Samsung devices so I was unaware that a device model ...

Yea I'm not sure what Samsung is thinking naming different machines the same? I'm not a big Android user myself, so its been a struggle trying to troubleshoot.

The T-710 runs the app like a champ, no issues what so ever and the screen is very nice and can be viewed in bright sunlight.
The T-710 comes with Android "L" and I could switch between DJI Go App and Drone Deploy without any further intervention (as expected).
Now that Android "M 6.01" got installed I have to go to the app settings when switching apps and tell both apps they are NOT the default USB device and will thus be asked which program I want to launch when when plugging the R/C into the USB port.
Not how it should work, but at least it does work!

As an aside when I had the T-713 I didn't notice any difference when running the DJI Go App. Even though the T-713 has a new processor with a lower clock speed it apparently runs about 25-20% faster. Also I could get the T-713 to work every-time with the DJI Go App, but I had to reboot the tablet once it was hooked up to the R/C.
2016-8-1
Use props
ahawk1968
lvl.1

For what it's worth..  I'm still connecting the same way, same tablet.  Working just fine, I would love to know WHY?
2016-10-12
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi,In our mobile device support list ,we only support one sangsung tab,you can check this list:
11111.jpg
2016-10-12
Use props
PixelDoc
New

United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-10-12 21:28
Hi,In our mobile device support list ,we only support one sangsung tab,you can check this list:
[view_image]

OK DJI.  So it's two months down the road and still no upgrade to be able to use the Samsung S2 tablet?  What gives?  Please don't tell me you guys have decided to rest on your laurels.
Watch out, Autel is running up behind you!  ;-)
2016-12-16
Use props
PixelDoc
New

United States

[view_image]

OK DJI.  So it's two months down the road and still no upgrade to be able to use the Samsung S2 tablet?  What gives?  Please don't tell me you guys have decided to rest on your laurels.
2016-12-16
Use props
PixelDoc
New

United States

[view_image]

2016-12-16
Use props
PixelDoc
New

United States

[view_image]

2016-12-16
Use props
fansb6aec84a
New
United States

robertkobylarz Posted at 2016-7-22 15:43
Try different usb cable

Hey robertkobylarz,

What is your Model number?  Is it SM-T710 or SM-T713.
    Besides of that. I would like to know which Android version you got running on your tab?

The reason I'm asking is because I got SM-T713 (Android 6.0.1) and every time I turn RC controller on I  stat getting "DJI GO 4" popup blinking.
    Thanks,
2017-3-5
Use props
fans2097008b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118681 ft

Israel

This is the way to connect the tablet to dji app
1.turn off the tablet
2turn on the drone
3.turn on the remote control
4.connect the cable to your tablet.
5.turn on the tablet.
6.Run the djigo  or djigo4 application.
2017-3-13
Use props
fansdccfe45f
New

Turkey

fans2097008b Posted at 2017-3-13 14:00
1.turn off the tablet
2turn on the drone

Thats how im connecting too, But still weird to wait tablets rebooting.
2017-3-20
Use props
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

I have an older Tab S (SM-T700) running 6.0.1 with auto update disabled. I went through a phase of reboots, app freezes but did a lot of what is recommended in this thread and its now fine. My final fix was to backup, factory reset and gradually add content to arrive at the current configuration.

I also agree that the DJI "approved" device list should be updated. Seems like android is underserved (perhaps the relationship with apple matters?). Both my SM-T700 and S7 edge running 6.0.1 work fine and neither are on the list.
2017-3-21
Use props
djiuser_iVkD4HS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65512 ft
Canada

fans2097008b Posted at 2017-3-13 14:00
1.turn off the tablet
2turn on the drone

i confirm, this methode is THE only way i could connect my brand new s2 tablet to my Mavic. THANKS FOR THE TIPS
2017-8-22
Use props
Aston
New
Flight distance : 2408 ft
France

userf1750e231f Posted at 2016-7-27 09:07

My problems were identical to yours.  I have zero problems now by:

Hello
Can you tell me where you find the rndis option?
I have a s2 8'' sm-t713 android 7.0
Thanks in advance
Frank
2017-8-28
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-10-12 18:28
[view_image]

DJI-Paladin

DJI need to update that list and quick.

Here in the UK, and probably most if not all of Europe, the Samsung Tabs 705c series is obsolete and withdrawn from sale according to the Samsung UK website.

The replacements are the 710 (and higher) series.

It's pretty disingenuous of DJI to adhere to an approved list that includes manufacturer-obsoleted devices.
2017-9-2
Use props
PetLabarak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 65512 ft
Canada

Curently on the market u can buy 2 Samsung Galaxy tab S2 with two different version.  Model begening with T710 = no problem, model begening with T713, usb bug. I don't know if the problem is from samsung or DJI but there's only one way to connect: Close completly your tablette; Turn on aircraft; turn on reciever; power on your tablet.
2017-9-15
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

userf1750e231f Posted at 2016-7-22 15:40
I am using a galaxy tab A 8.0. And have had a heck of a time to get it connected.  Try this in addition...  

In developer options under USB configuration try RNDIS (USB Ethernet)

I haven't try my Tab S2 but it fits fine in the remote so i gona give it a try. Se if: developer mode/USB/MIDI works. It does on One Plus 5.
Edit - Now I have try and it works. Tablet turn on, mavic turn on and last remote turn on with usb cable in. The brightness of this tablet is amazing. Can't fly, standing in the sunshine, with my One Plus 5/Nexus 6P but works fine with this tablet.

2018-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules