Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
5596 15 2015-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gnmiller.email
lvl.1
United States

Based on other comments I've seen on this forum, it seems others have successfully installed this tablet on the controller.  Its a tight fit but without the bottom foam, it does work.  That is not my problem however.  It is not talking to the remote even though I have downloaded the latest version.  I have an iPad mini that I installed the DJI pilot app on before it was pulled.  Out of curiosity I connected it and everything works perfectly.  I was under the impression most of the android devices worked.  I know it is not on the approved list but others seem to be using this.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for any help!

2015-1-25
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

I'm using a Samsung S 8.4 so I'm pretty sure compatibility is not the issue with yours either.  Were you to able to debug your S 10.5?  I had to debug my Samsung before the controller can communicate with the Android app.  
2015-1-25
Use props
gnmiller.email
lvl.1
United States

FrostyThe2nd Posted at 2015-1-26 11:23
I'm using a Samsung S 8.4 so I'm pretty sure compatibility is not the issue with yours either.  Were ...

I did notice the USB debugging notice so I tracked down how to set that on the tablet.  After changing the  debugging setting on the tablet, that fixed the problem.
2015-1-25
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

I'm a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 user and my FPV experience is not that great. Beautiful HD video, but video is choppy, and bit of a lag. I don't have the same confidence that I have with my analog 5.8 GHZ setup with my Phantom 2. The video is obviously not as sharp and crisp but very smooth and lag free. Anyone else with the same experience?

And this is with Lightbridge in manual mode lowest resolution.
2015-1-25
Use props
kianooshzare.em
lvl.1

United States

I suggest galaxy note 10.1 fit and fast super clear TFT display
2015-1-25
Use props
Macphi
lvl.2

Switzerland

For operating the Inspire, would you recommend to buy a galaxy tablet with wifi only or wifi+lte ?
2015-1-26
Use props
jones5r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105722 ft
United States

Macphi Posted at 2015-1-26 16:47
For operating the Inspire, would you recommend to buy a galaxy tablet with wifi only or wifi+lte ?

Wifi will do. You just need to cache your maps or use you cell phone as a hot spot. That's what I do.
2015-1-26
Use props
lynxskyshots
lvl.2

United States

We are using the Samsung Tab S 8.4 and had terrible issues with latency.  We chose custom channel selection for the downlink and pickeed channels toward the 13 through 16 range and it made a huge difference.  We also tried a FlySite monitor for the other TX hooked to HDMI- no more jerky video!
2015-1-26
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

gnmiller.email Posted at 2015-1-26 12:33
I did notice the USB debugging notice so I tracked down how to set that on the tablet.  After chan ...

How did you debug? I have a Samsung 8.5 tablet and new to Android Please help
2015-1-26
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

lynxskyshots Posted at 2015-1-26 21:12
We are using the Samsung Tab S 8.4 and had terrible issues with latency.  We chose custom channel se ...

Good info.  I've looked, but don't see how to choose a channel manually.  Can you help please?
2015-1-26
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

gboivin@msn.com Posted at 2015-1-27 04:18

I found it on the web and long lost the link its easy ..
2015-1-26
Use props
MJDMike
lvl.3

United States

gboivin@msn.com Posted at 2015-1-27 04:18

To access these settings, open the Developer options in the system Settings.
On Android 4.2 and higher, the Developer options screen is hidden by default.
To make it visible, go to Settings > About phone and tap Build number seven times.
Return to the previous screen to find Developer options at the bottom.
2015-1-26
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks MJDMike! found it on line finally! Wasn't in the manual lol must be top secret!
2015-1-26
Use props
jsw
New

United Kingdom

FrostyThe2nd Posted at 2015-1-26 11:23
I'm using a Samsung S 8.4 so I'm pretty sure compatibility is not the issue with yours either.  Were ...

That is a relief, I bought the S because of the amazing screen but just this evening I gave up trying to connect just after I enabled the USB debugging to reading this gives me hope that it will just work in the morning.
2015-4-28
Use props
gmaiche
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1816611 ft
  • >>>
France

After testing on 4 androids tablet. Résult.
No vidéo on tablet with android 4.4.2
Works only on android 4.4.4

Did on met same problem ?
2015-4-28
Use props
userc4425ed55f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42871 ft
Australia

Just mt 2c worth on this I have a Samsung Tab S and if you do a full power off on the tab get everything else going it seems to work. However the video is prone to a lot of lag plus it becomes very blocky and unusable. Oddly on my phantom p4 with HDMI out the video is perfect in any condition. My full size iPad works perfectly on P4 and Mavic
2017-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules