Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Zenmuse X5 Problem, stopped working.
4043 8 2016-7-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ppatel158
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124616 ft
United States

Zenmuse x5 camera stopped working, there have been no incidents with the drone or camera ever, it has been every lightly used, took it to cancun mexico from dallas texas and flew it for few days before the camera stopped responding, made a flight on 7-22-16 morning and worked fine, tried to make a flight same day afternoon and there was no display from the camera. The drone was connected with the controller with a green light but camera wasn’t responding. When I got back home from my vacation on 7/25/2016 I tried connecting my old camera zenmuse x3 and it works fine so at this point there’s something wrong with zenmuse x5 camera. Zenmusex5 camera comes on when connected with the red light blinking. Any one have had this problem? i still have 5 months left on 1yr warranty so ill contact dji on monday.

A short clip i took in cancun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s24JkKcBnDQ
2016-7-24
Use props
todd.boward
New

United States

Welcome to the stuff dont work club. Mine has been down for about 3 weeks now.
2016-7-24
Use props
mydogisdead
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8250568 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

would it help to reinstall the fw by downgrading and then reinstalling the latest... not sure why the flash memory wont hold the first time... propbaly sun spots or weird emp glitch...

2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, did you notice this issue after a firmware update, or just while you were traveling? Were you able to get a RMA number for your camera?
2016-7-26
Use props
fans70295aec
New
Flight distance : 527927 ft
Maldives

I have got the same problem....
2017-4-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans70295aec Posted at 2017-4-10 02:21
I have got the same problem....

Could you happen to elaborate as to what troubleshooting steps you've already tried?
2017-4-10
Use props
DarrenE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I guess the gimbal initialises alright?
Have you tried formatting the SD card/trying a new SD card (does the file structure on a new card get created?)
Although there's no video, do you have gimbal control?

It'd pay to carefully check the connections on the mounting plate (was the camera removed between the working/non-working event?) also check the aerial connections on the lightbridge to ensure nothing has become disconnected
2017-4-10
Use props
susybaltimore
New
United States

I've been having major  connection issues, too.
X5 camera #1 - received with missing parts ... could not upload firmware unto camera, after 3+ hours of trying with the help of Alex and James at DJI support (they're great).
X5 camera #2 - received with missing parts and an image on the SD card ... took a bit, but uploaded firmware (yay!), but iPad on RC is not receiving image transmissions. After lots of trying different procedures and reboots and new DJI Go app, still no luck. They had me take a screen shot of the DJI Go app with that message and are now evaluating. Alex said I may need to send in the M600 Pro and the camera for them to work on, which would take 2+ weeks - my response, "no way"
UGH... apparently, I am the only one with X5 issues this week - I cannot help but wonder if the camera is just junk.
2017-5-3
Use props
SPH*i2*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322579 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I had this problem yesterday no picture at all.
So I changed the SD Card and the viewing picture came back. But could not find any pictures that I had taken afterwards, very odd,
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules