Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

With the latest public firmware Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30 there is a major bug with the OSMO FOCUS REMOTE.

- Focus Remote Bug - In manual mode when you turn the dial on the focus remote it brightens the image almost like its adjusting the aperture. The only way round it seems to be to shoot in a mode such as shutter priority in which when you turn the focus wheel the focus actually changes.

- Sound bug - when powering down sometimes the sound settings switch off including the internal mic. Meaning no sync sound on your recordings.

- Exposure reset - on power down all exposure settings seem to reset. This is extremely annoying on the Inspire when swapping batteries between takes!!!

Please fix these asap! I've tried reporting them via Beta@dji.com a few weeks ago but no fixes as of yet.

2016-7-26
Use props
masonthoward
lvl.2

I have the same issue. I found that on the remote you have to switch over to the aperture setting and set that and then switch back to the focus setting and your focus will work with that aperture setting locked in, otherwise if you set the aperture on your tablet and then focus it does suddenly open up the aperture.
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your feedback, I've recorded this issue.
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

Hi, dopeytree,  we tried to replicate the issue, but it doesn't show up, would you please post a video to help us? Thank you.
2016-7-29
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

masonthoward Posted at 2016-7-26 22:04
I have the same issue. I found that on the remote you have to switch over to the aperture setting a ...

Hi, we can't replicate the issue, would you please shoot a short video of the issue?  I'll submit that to the R&D team. Thank you.
2016-7-29
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-7-29 12:01
Hi, dopeytree,  we tried to replicate the issue, but it doesn't show up, would you please post a vid ...

Hi sorry only just found this message.
Note this is manual exposure mode. It doesnt do it in the other modes.

Here's a sample video:

DJI OSMO - Inspire Pro latest firmware -Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30
2016-07-07
Focus Remote + Cables + OSMO X5 Adapter + Battery Extender + TB47 Battery + iPhone6 ios 9.3.3 + DJI Go 2.8.5
I've also attached the SRT file.

DJI_0062.SRT.zip (374 Bytes, Down times: 2)
2016-8-1
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

dopeytree Posted at 2016-8-1 19:51
Note this is manual exposure mode. It doesnt do it in the ot ...

Hi, we released a new firmware for Osmo Focus on July 26, please try it and see if it works. Thank you.
2016-8-1
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi H.C.
It sounds silly, but really I just confessed.
I only had an Osmo handle, with X5 camera. and remote controller. (With no motor using/attached)
I don't have Inspire 1.
I noticed there is a new firmware for Osmo Focus on July 26. And I  downloaded the DJI_Focus_Installer_v2.4dmg.
I just don't know how to get the v2.4 installed???? Since I don't have the Inspire 1, Do I need to install the v2.4?????
Thanks for explaining.
2016-8-2
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-2 05:34
Hi, we released a new firmware for Osmo Focus on July 26, please try it and see if it works. Thank ...

Thanks have just updated the firmware & will test it out today & report back later.

Do you know when the other issues will be fixed?

- Sound bug - when powering down sometimes the sound settings switch off including the internal mic. Meaning no sync sound on your recordings.

- Exposure reset - on power down all exposure settings seem to reset. This is extremely annoying on the Inspire when swapping batteries between takes!!!

- Focus Peaking - already on the inspire software but not the OSMO. Would really help with focusing.
2016-8-2
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS - the firmware software update link is here: http://www.dji.com/product/focus ... te_search#downloads
2016-8-2
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-8-2 16:51
Hi H.C.
It sounds silly, but really I just confessed.
I only had an Osmo handle, with X5 camera. and ...

Hi, you can download it here http://www.dji.com/product/focus/info#downloads

Are you using Windows or Mac, there's two version of application available. dmg is for Mac.
Then

33333.png
2016-8-2
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-2 20:15
Hi, you can download it here http://www.dji.com/product/focus/info#downloads

Are you using Window ...

Thanks very much, H.C. and  dopeytree. Upgraded, appreciated for the great help.
Regards
2016-8-2
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi , Guys
After upgraded successfully. When I turned on the focus remote, I noticed no matter how I pressed the "D" button, the focus and aperture function will not work.
Below is the capture photo after the upgrade,  very strange to fnd that after upgrade, in the "info" photo, it showed current versio: 2.4  No updates
But in the "Upgrade" photo, it showed the latest version is 1.5.
Last but not the least,  can you explain "Upgrade success! Please power cycle device" , what does it mean????????
Could it be I did not do this step that makes the "D" button not functioning????? Dji_Assistant.jpg
Dji_Assistant 2.jpg
Dji_Assistant 3.jpg
2016-8-2
Use props
steven.dieveney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft

I upgraded the firmware. Still having this problem - making the DJI focus a waste of money. PLEASE, PLEASE fix this, DJI.
2016-8-2
Use props
pistolstamen
New

dopeytree Posted at 2016-8-1 04:51
Note this is manual exposure mode. It doesnt do it in the ot ...

I have the same issue. In Manual mode, I dial in my exposure and then as soon as touch the focus, the aperture opens all the way.
2016-8-3
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

After upgrading my focus remote & also doing a reset to default settings on the remote it seems fixed! I also notice there's now an option to control zoom if you have a zoom lens so excited to try this, I just need to buy one.

Any idea when focus peaking is coming?
2016-8-3
Use props
steven.dieveney
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the update, dopeytree... I'll try resetting and see if that works for me.
2016-8-3
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

but we do need focus peaking the focus remote is a bit useless without it & it must be easy to port over to the osmo as it's already work on the inspire using the same camera equipment & DJI go app..!?
2016-8-3
Use props
jcap858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>

YES!!! I need focus peaking like yesterday.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-8-2 22:24
Hi , Guys
After upgraded successfully. When I turned on the focus remote, I noticed no matter how I  ...

Hi, the first picture says the DJI assistant version, the next way says the DJI Focus firmware version.

"Upgrade success! Please power cycle device" It just means please turn off and turn on your DJI Focus.

About the D button malfunction, you may need to contact support@dji.com and send it back for inspection.

Thank you.
2016-8-3
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-4 17:20
Hi, the first picture says the DJI assistant version, the next way says the DJI Focus firmware vers ...

Thanks H.C. for your kind advise.
If , its the case, the remote needs to send back for repairing.or inspection.
Since I will be going to Melbourne at beginning Sept, and will stay there for 5 days.
Is it possible that I can bring the remote there for repair/inspection if needed., rather send it back to China which is a long way from home and may wait for months before I can get it back.
I noticed there is a DJI Repair Centre at Oakleigh, Melbourne ,near  centre of town. which is more convenient.
Can you give me some advise if I can do it this way??

Thanks and regards

2016-8-4
Use props
steven.dieveney
lvl.2
United States

dopyetree... I wonder if you could help me. I updated the firmware and reset my focus to the default... and still no luck in holding an aperture setting in manual mode. Any ideas? This is frustrating!!!!
2016-8-4
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

steven.dieveney Posted at 2016-8-4 17:31
dopyetree... I wonder if you could help me. I updated the firmware and reset my focus to the default ...

I've only done a 2min test. Run through the rest of your setup. Are you on latest x5 firmware? Latest DJI go app?
On the remote I also went into the settings & made sure aperture was tuned off.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-8-4 09:37
Thanks H.C. for your kind advise.
If , its the case, the remote needs to send back for repairing.o ...

Hi,  you need to send the product to the continent where it is bought for a warranty repair(free). If you bought it in Australia, the support email will direct you to send it to our Australian repair center.  The email you should contact is support@dji.com .

Thank you.
2016-8-4
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-5 13:56
Hi,  you need to send the product to the continent where it is bought for a warranty repair(free). ...

Thank you H.C. for the advise.
Have a nice day.
2016-8-5
Use props
wto6071
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-5 13:56
Hi,  you need to send the product to the continent where it is bought for a warranty repair(free). ...

Hi H.C., excuse for asking, why the screen showed I successfully upgraded to the latest version 2.4 but from the controller screen it  showed the version is 1.5.
Which is which, which one is correct???????
DJI Controller.jpg
2016-8-6
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

wto6071@bigpond Posted at 2016-8-6 08:18
Hi H.C., excuse for asking, why the screen showed I successfully upgraded to the latest version 2. ...

The 2.4 is the version of the DJI Assistant on your computer. The 1.5 is the version of the firmware of your DJI Remote Focus
2016-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules