Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Problems with DJI Remote Focus and the OSMO X5
1682 10 2016-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mazurlazer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2303 ft
United States

Hello,

I've run into a problem with my OSMO X5 and DJI Remote Focus setup that I can't seem to fix. The focus (with the adapter cable) connects easily to the OSMO and works as it should. The problem that I have is that whenever I pull focus on the remote, the X5 automatically resorts to the lowest apeture possible for the lens I'm using (f1.7). This is not a mixup with the apeture controls that are possible with the remote (this works just fine). It is only after I've set my desired apeture and then turn the focus wheel in any direction. Yes, I have tried reconnecting everything and have restarted the reomote, the app, and the handle. Nothing seems to fix this.

Is this just a glitch? Has anyone else had this problem? Please help!
2016-7-26
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes I feel you pain I just almost ruined a commission because of this bug. It wasn't in the previous firmware! See my post here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-59211-1-1.html
A slight workabout I have found the focus remote works if you have the camera set in shutter priority mode.
Hopefully DJI can get out a fix ASAP.
2016-7-26
Use props
mazurlazer
lvl.2
United States

dopeytree Posted at 2016-7-26 16:05
Yes I feel you pain I just almost ruined a commission because of this bug. It wasn't in the previous ...

Okay thanks for the reply. DJI? Anything from the bots on this site?
2016-7-26
Use props
steven.dieveney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

Same problem here. Very frustrating!!!!! I let DJI know and have gotten zero response. Hopefully they fix it very soon!!!
2016-7-26
Use props
mazurlazer
lvl.2
United States

steven.dieveney Posted at 2016-7-26 20:56
Same problem here. Very frustrating!!!!! I let DJI know and have gotten zero response. Hopefully the ...

Terrific! Yet another $1,000 paper weight. At a certain point it becomes my own damn fault for continuing to patronize this company...
2016-7-26
Use props
masonthoward
lvl.2

I have the same issue. I found that on the remote you have to switch over to the aperture setting and set that and then switch back to the focus setting and your focus will work with that aperture setting locked in.
2016-7-26
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We're sorry about this. The engineers are currently aware of this issue and are working on it.
2016-7-26
Use props
gilbertchan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373681 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Same problem here. thought i got a faulty unit. hopefully its just a bug.
2016-8-4
Use props
Luke_Boney
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1305010 ft
United States

Also having this issue, just wanted to keep the ball rolling.
2016-8-5
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Luke_Boney@yaho Posted at 2016-8-5 15:12
Also having this issue, just wanted to keep the ball rolling.

And me too!!!!
2016-8-5
Use props
pistolstamen
New

United States

Such a bummer. Shutter priority it is.
2016-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules