Help..Long Range Waypoint Plan
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
benz.galnote
lvl.2
Indonesia

hi guys i plan to go 13 minutes mission waypoint, there is 95% cruise with 40m high altitude, i've battery live 95% with est 18 minutes flight time, a cross 8 base transmitter signal, slow wind

because this is my 1st long range trip and in inner city, so i've to be sure there zero mistaken, coz if bird not enough power its imposibble to find

what do guys think ? any advice will be appreciate

Waypoint

Waypoint
2016-7-28
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

obviously flying across densely populated areas is risky, and i m not gonna lecture you on that, i m sure others will.

for missions like that:
  • be 110% sure that your altitude is enough. Since you will quickly lose signal (unless you are very high up on top of large building), you have no control over it and must trust your waypoints.
    If your city is mapped 3D in Google Earth, then you can really precisely check. be sure to calculate relative to your starting point as 0m, not sea level (Is this Jakarta?)
    Ideally, you will check by bike just before the flight the entire route. Are you 110% sure there are no buildings, bridges, poles, construction cranes, power lines etc. etc. in the way?? You better be.
  • For that reason, i would fly the mission first at 60-70m height looking straight ahead. Then check video for possible obstacles, and start lowering height from there. For nicest videos you will fly such a mission several times anyway. Start careful, this risk is just too high.
  • Litchi typically overestimates mission times by 10%. I would estimate your mission to be finished in around 11 minutes. You re flying in a circle, so wind shouldnt be a big factor (headwind one way = tailwind the other).  From my litchi experience, I dont see a battery issue here. my guesstimate is you should return with 30-35%.
    but lets be clear: you may have different results, so if you want to be safe, fly a shorter version first.
  • be aware that if you configured fly speed and gimbal pitch changes in the waypoints, they will only work as long as you have signal with remote control. as soon as you loose signal, drone will not change speed & pitch any more (until signal is back).
  • dont forget to hit RECORD in the heat of the moment. nothing like the feeling when you notice you didnt, and drone is just out of range beginning its 10min mission.

Good luck and be sure to share the vid!
2016-7-28
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

Thank you for your responding
very detail you describe here

populated area? yes but I plan to fly on Sunday morning it will be a a few activity but objects that would me take a picture just a big field and must be a lot of people but i flew circle above full of trees

lost signal? of course it is definitely lost the signal
obstacle object? left and right route many tall buildings that is why I prefer the route in accordance with the highway
60-70 altitude? can not seem to get a clear image recording, but I am confident because I am very familiar with that area
share? i'm so sory i'm affraid i cant, too many objects that are sensitive for the share, just for my private collection

"Litchi typically overestimates mission times by 10%. I would estimate your mission to be finished in around 11 minutes. You re flying in a circle, so wind shouldnt be a big factor (headwind one way = tailwind the other).  From my litchi experience, I dont see a battery issue here. my guesstimate is you should return with 30-35%."

ah oke this is i need to know better, so your advice to start a mission bellow 10 minutes? above it to risky ?
2016-7-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

benzphantom Posted at 2016-7-28 20:12
Thank you for your responding
very detail you describe here

A 4.3 km loop should easily be within comfortable range for a Phantom provided it doesn't have a significant headwind coming home..
I've manually flown up to 9km trips and I'm back on the ground at around 30%.
2016-7-28
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-7-28 20:11
A 4.3 km loop should easily be within comfortable range for a Phantom provided it doesn't have a si ...

ah thats great i'm so confidence now

9km with 30% battery left? ah c'mon dont tempted me to make more ranges
2016-7-28
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

litchi cruise speed is 28m / h should i Increase the speed to
saving time ? how fast is safe for the motor? 40m/h will be safe ?
2016-7-28
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

benzphantom Posted at 2016-7-28 23:43
litchi cruise speed is 28m / h should i Increase the speed to
saving time ? how fast is safe for the ...

Don't be afraid to go faster.
100% speed is quite safe
2016-7-28
Use props
benzphantom
lvl.2
Indonesia

hmmm...thats answer why you can get 9km with 30% battery left, because you using higher speed why i'm miss that part allright then i will test tommorow with high speed on short waypoint let see how its works

tq for your input
2016-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules