Best Carry Case for Phantom 2 Vision + ?
4010 12 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phil.your.pants
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466667 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I bought a Phantom 2 Vision + a couple of weeks ago, so I'm pretty new to all this.
I realised quickly that although pretty expensive, a decent carry case for the drone & associated spare props, batteries etc is an absolute necessity.

As I'm new to Quadcopter flying, I prefer to keep my prop guards on for the time being.
So I really want a case that you don't have to remove the prop guards & props every time I want to take my Phantom anywhere.
Can anyone recommend a good case that I don't have to take of my props & prop guards?
Any help would be greatfully appreciated!
Thanks.
2015-1-26
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Here are two that will work with prop guards:

Red Rock: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=TOFY3OPFRBNUTHRG
Koozam: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=GSR473GHPDNWFNPA
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

You can find some on Amazon and Ebay.
2015-1-26
Use props
anthony
lvl.2
United States

Blurex Professional Rugged Hard Case For DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PG6A2SS
$139.99
I am very happy with it.  Carries three batteries, plus the one in the copter.  Lots of room for extra stuff. Can't have prop guards or the props on, but that's the price for small dimensions. Latches are plastic, but beefy.  I haven't tried it as a carry-on, but I'm hoping that it will pass.  Let me know if you have questions.
2015-1-26
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i have that koozam one and love it.... it ISNT something you'll go hiking with.  with the drone it it, it is quite heavy.  it would work WELL for transport (vehicle, etc) and is DEFN sturdy, but it isnt very handy to take hiking or to the park, etc.  basically, if you are going to be far from your car, a backpack version is much better.  while i like mine, im looking at ordering the dji backpack at this point as i like its style over the other backpacks... hope this helps...
2015-1-26
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

i would also recommend a case that doesnt fit prop guards and then invest in the clip on kind.  that is what i would have done in retrospect.  
2015-1-26
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Anthony, that case won't work. The OP wants to store the prop guards -- preferably on the Phantom.
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

PhantomHelp Posted at 2015-1-27 05:19
Anthony, that case won't work. The OP wants to store the prop guards -- preferably on the Phantom.

He's just offering an alternative.  A person with more alternatives, makes a better educated decision.
2015-1-26
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-27 05:23
He's just offering an alternative.  A person with more alternatives, makes a better educated decis ...

In that case, I propose the OP just store everything in a grocery bag
2015-1-26
Use props
phil.your.pants
lvl.1
Flight distance : 466667 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow, thanks for all your help & great suggestions.
Some great advice.
Grocery bag, that is my current form of transportation! (Well a large Wheelie bin bag to be precise)!
There are certainly some great links to some decent looking Cases.
I will certainly add some of these to my wish list for more careful consideration.
Thanks again guys.

One last question - how many batteries? I got the deal with the extra battery, and was thinking of buying another 2 - I think that that should be the right number for my proposed usage, but at  £100 a time are there any cheaper options?
2015-1-26
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

phil.your.pants Posted at 2015-1-27 05:45
Wow, thanks for all your help & great suggestions.
Some great advice.
Grocery bag, that is my curr ...

I've had 4 batteries since April and all are still working good.  Since I bought a crashed Phantom 2 V+ and replaced the broken shell, a friend flies with me sometimes so in the spring, I'm going to get 4 more batteries.
2015-1-26
Use props
PhantomHelp
lvl.3

United States

phil.your.pants, the number of batteries needed really depends on how long you enjoy flying each time you're out. Multiple each battery by about 20 minutes. If an hour at a time is enough for you, then 3 batteries should be plenty.
2015-1-26
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-27 05:17
i would also recommend a case that doesnt fit prop guards and then invest in the clip on kind.  that ...

I did the same, light weight case for carrying in the SUV and storage. Snap on prop guards work great. The cases can get big and heavy if they hold it with prop guards attached.
2015-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules