o(^-^)o
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-3 09:48
Yes i was using an Iphone 6 plus ,

its sad i update the firmware thinking that i are going to be ...

I haven't crashed or lost my Phantom because I grounded it after the first indication of the issue.  Still waiting on an answer from support.  
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-3 06:53
But he is saying that he talk with DJI like 2 weeks ago , you are saying that suppose to be solved ...

As I said before, time frame can vary from case to case depending on what information is provided and if further correspondence or clarification is needed. I've seen most North American cases come close to some sort of resolution within a week or so, but delays can happen if logs were not properly synced or the necessary paperwork was not filled out. I do not know for certain whether our Headquarters, whom you are dealing with, have the same time frame. They should have roughly the same time frame if there are no delays in sending information or the flight data has bee acquired. Any time differences can also cause delays in correspondence.

I do not believe that it would take you 2 months to receive a resolution, but it will take some time to fully review the data.
2016-8-3
Use props
jnbgtr
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-3
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-3 06:29
hi bud

your not having much luck lately are you ? sorry to hear about your loss of the drone. ho ...

Hi ,

Well everything was ok, before the firmware update ,
i dont know what i was thinking about when i did the software update , i think that you need to wait a couple of months before any update , but now i know it , before i though that all the posts of flyaway were pilots error but now i know what it is ,

thanks bud , i also hope that DJI cand do something for me , i want my quad back  is ridiculous to lose a $1000 quad because of a firmware update

2016-8-3
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

The Roach Posted at 2016-8-3 06:38
I haven't crashed or lost my Phantom because I grounded it after the first indication of the issue ...

You are so lucky , that you land land it before you notice the error ,

I didn't notice the first error the first time , i saw it when the quad was flying away

regards
2016-8-3
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-3 09:29
As I said before, time frame can vary from case to case depending on what information is provided  ...

Well thanks im going to wait a little bit i already sent everything they ask in the ticket

now im just waiting, is there any way to lock the phantom so no one else can use it ? , or may be know the last GPS location of the quad

i already try to search the quad with 5 persons helping me , and i didn't find it , may be it fly back to DJI because the firmware update hahaha

regards
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

jnbgtr Posted at 2016-8-3 06:53
I sincerely hope this is the case but I have no faith whatsoever after having dealt with 15 people ...

Since we've weeded out the additional tickets from your case, you would be getting some sort of correspondece from the proper department soon. The logs are still in the review stage, but they will let you know of the outcome.
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-4 00:00
Well thanks im going to wait a little bit i already sent everything they ask in the ticket

now i ...

The flight record on the DJI Go app should give you the last known location prior to it disconnecting. There's no way to remotely deactivate the aircraft, unfortunately.
2016-8-3
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-3 10:39
The flight record on the DJI Go app should give you the last known location prior to it disconnect ...

My last location dosnt work because it shows the last point of connections with the controller and GPS

after the GPS error my quad gets  disconnected and i dont know where it decide to fly , or may be it just hover and follow the wind and now who knows where my quad is ,

is there any way to solve this faster, a call , video , whatever  , im going to take a short travel in 1 or 2 weeks and i wan to take some shots with a quad copter , please i need your help

Regards  
2016-8-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-4 00:58
My last location dosnt work because it shows the last point of connections with the controller and ...

Your information was provided to the appropriate department for your Support Center to see if anything else can be done. If you just provided all the necessary information within the last few days, then it may be still a little early in the process.
2016-8-3
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-3 11:50
Your information was provided to the appropriate department for your Support Center to see if anyt ...

Ok , hope it they can solve this soon

i already sent everything , im just waiting for an answer

re
2016-8-3
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

The Roach Posted at 2016-8-3 06:38
I haven't crashed or lost my Phantom because I grounded it after the first indication of the issue ...

did you get any answer ?
2016-8-3
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-4 12:30
did you get any answer ?

GTDrone,  No, never received a reply back after the initial conversation.  Going to buy a $140 Trackimo so I can get back into the air.  If I do have a flyaway, at least I can find it.   Adds an extra 40 grams to the quad so I expect to trade off peace-of-mind for flight time.  I think I'll look at that 'other brand' for my next quad.  I hear they have excellent customer service.  An acknowledgement of the issue with a 'we're looking into it' would be nice.   I haven't even seen admittance to the issue.  
2016-8-4
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

The Roach Posted at 2016-8-4 08:12
GTDrone,  No, never received a reply back after the initial conversation.  Going to buy a $140 Tra ...

there are other cheap gps  devices to lacete the quad , why are you buing Trackimo ??
tell me just know before i buy one of those cheap one s
2016-8-4
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 03:42
there are other cheap gps  devices to lacete the quad , why are you buing Trackimo ??
tell me just ...

It works off 2G cellular.  All the cheap ones work off Bluetooth, at least the ones I could find.  Bluetooth requires you to be within 30 feet to locate.  If you see another option let me know.  Also, Trackimo is $60 a year after the first year - $5 a month.  
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

The Roach Posted at 2016-8-4 22:12
GTDrone,  No, never received a reply back after the initial conversation.  Going to buy a $140 Tra ...

Could you provide your ticket number for further follow up?
2016-8-4
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-4 15:03
Could you provide your ticket number for further follow up?

my ticket is 249695 and still waiting ,  the last answer was 3 days ago

regards
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 05:54
my ticket is 249695 and still waiting ,  the last answer was 3 days ago

regards

At this time it is still in the analysis stage, however, that status should change soon.
2016-8-4
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-4 16:01
At this time it is still in the analysis stage, however, that status should change soon.

Ok , Thanks , let me know if you have any update

but are you sure about it , i talk with DJI-Paladin yesterday and he told me that the DJI support Manager said that they didn't receive anything from my side , so im wondering , whats the correct answer

do yo have al the information already o you dont

regards
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 08:48
Ok , Thanks , let me know if you have any update

but are you sure about it , i talk with DJI-Pal ...

I deleted the other posts in the other thread because you already have this one going.
The GPS errors only showed up in the flight record and not the app when you were flying. There were GPS reading errors in the flight records and the new IOS update that just came out this morning addresses that.
Jamie and I are in the US and do not have any access to your case. What is your ticket # and I will ask Paladin if there are any updates.
Also, what is your email and I will look at your last fight to see if I see anything. make sure to sync your records.
2016-8-4
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-4 20:41
I deleted the other posts in the other thread because you already have this one going.
The GPS er ...

Hi Ken,

Well i sent this case  to US support so may be  able to check this one ,i did it like that because i  buy my phantom 3 pro in USA , so here is my ticket number 249695
in that ticket you will  find all the explication of the error , also i already  sync 1 month of flights and i fill all the forms that DJI support request , also i sent an screen shot of the invoice of the purchase of the quad ,

also i explain that this happen after the last firmware update , i was amazed with the pro , after i upgrade from the standard , i hope i can get my quad back,

basically i did everything you request , im just waiting your answer

2016-8-4
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

The Roach Posted at 2016-8-4 13:56
It works off 2G cellular.  All the cheap ones work off Bluetooth, at least the ones I could find.  ...

mmm  well i was thinking about something like this one

its just 12 usd but you have  to use the SIM of your phone , well you can get a prepay sim card and use it in your quad , im not sure if it is the best option you can find a lot of this ones for quid copters
and you can track your quad or anything else via Phone app

http://www.gearbest.com/car-gps-tracker/pp_320284.html
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 11:20
Hi Ken,

Well i sent this case  to US support so may be  able to check this one ,i did it like that ...

OK thanks, I will look into it and review your flight.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 11:27

its just 12 usd but you have  to use the  ...

You need to sync your flight records, the last flight I see in the logs is 7/17.
2016-8-4
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-4 22:10
You need to sync your flight records, the last flight I see in the logs is 7/17.

I already did that a lot of times ,  are you sure that you check the right user ,

haha down in the image  you can see my max speed haha 28 m/s  that was insain i just saw my quad going really fast
image.png
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 12:58
I already did that a lot of times ,  are you sure that you check the right user ,

haha down in the ...

You have 3 different tickets and two names and two emails, I used the most recent email ending with l9@hotmail.
2016-8-5
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 11:27

its just 12 usd but you have  to use the  ...

Thanks - I'll look into a prepaid SIM card and take a closer look.  
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 08:37
You have 3 different tickets and two names and two emails, I used the most recent email ending wit ...

The correct ticket is

249695,  i try to create a ticket with that hotmail email but it always came with an delivery failure ,
after that i contact some one in DJI chat and a lady told me to submit a ticket with a gmail account

so thats what i did , and actually i did all the follow up in the ticket 249695 , using the 12@gmail.com
the account that i use to to sync the logs is the hotmail account

regards
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 09:56
The correct ticket is

249695,  i try to create a ticket with that hotmail email but it always ca ...

Hi

Please let me know if you find something better , the only good thing about the Trackimo  , is that is all inside and it includes international gps tracking , but i think is kind of expensive
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 23:56
The correct ticket is

249695,  i try to create a ticket with that hotmail email but it always ca ...

That email doesn't work, it says no flight logs in the server with that email.
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 10:32
That email doesn't work, it says no flight logs in the server with that email.

Witch one mcl9@hotmail.com???   thats the mail that i use to sync all my flights
where i can send the logs via Email , it took alredy 1 week and i didng get any answer yet

regards
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-6 03:01
Witch one mcl9@hotmail.com???   thats the mail that i use to sync all my flights
where i can send  ...

Looks like you are in luck buddy and you will get another aircraft.
I see they emailed you earlier this morning, just wait for another email from them.
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 13:14
Looks like you are in luck buddy and you will get another aircraft.
I see they emailed you earlier ...

Is this for real , DJI-KEN

i hope is true !!  if this is true im going to do a video , giving thanks to DJI for their help and resolution and post it in my Drone youtube channel ,and promise to buy a GPS tracker to dont lose the quad if something happens  that could be a deal , because is true that was not a pilot error , i fly all the time  and i was really happy until the firmware update

also do you know if i get DJI care , does it apply in my country ?
regards

Please tell me that this is true !!!
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-6 03:24
Is this for real , DJI-KEN

i hope is true !!  if this is true im going to do a video , giving than ...

I wouldn't say it wasn't totally pilot error, you did lose GPS signal but then it came back. Just wait until they email to see what they say.Next time, have your RTH altitude set higher. Was it set to 50m?
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 13:51
I wouldn't say it wasn't totally pilot error, you did lose GPS signal but then it came back. Just w ...

Yea my RTH was 50 meters , but  i was flying more than 150 meters up ,  and the highest building in the city is 75 meters and it is really far away of where i was flying thats why i set 50 meters

i have a question as i know if you are flying higher than  the RTH altitude the quad use the actual altitude and it doest descend  util the quad reach the home point is this true ?

also i was doing some tests and i  set 300 meters of altitude and  when i hit the RTH the quad  didnt reach  the 300 meters it  reach  about 150 meters  and then came back is this normal ?

i dont know if it is fixed in the new firmware  can you confirm this

Thanks
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-6 04:46
Yea my RTH was 50 meters , but  i was flying more than 150 meters up ,  and the highest building i ...

But here's the problem, you had it set to 50m and you took off from your home and headed up to the hills and looks like you went over a slope and you were already above 50m from your take off point so the aircraft would not climb even though it's must less than that from the ground.
Basically if you set the RTH to 50m and fly uphill and you are at 50m and go behind a building and it goes into RTH it is going to crash into the building. The RTH altitude is the height from your home point, not the height from the aircraft to the ground when you fly uphill.
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 15:05
But here's the problem, you had it set to 50m and you took off from your home and headed up to the ...

Dont tell me that you are checking on it , i can upload my flights of 6 months if you want , and you will know that i  fly all the time over there.

this is the same example , so i do it because i know that there is nothing in the back of the quad  
i do it with the standard , also with other quad cupters that dont use GPS ,  i mean is not my fist time and i really understand how RTH works,  thats why i didnt get the 4 because i know that obstacle avoidance is not the case flying as i do , here an example
i really understand that the quad is not going to go up because im above the RTH , but in this case  it doest mater  here an example of what i mean '

also i dont do it like that i take controll  the quad when is coming back and decent manually  to dont fly to hingh  

The blue  is the line if take off , and red is the line of RTH , so you can understand what i mean

DJI RTH.jpg
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-6 05:36
Dont tell me that you are checking on it , i can upload my flights of 6 months if you want , and yo ...

That's not what the diagram looks like in your flight. Regardless, I already told you I think it's going to be a warranty but you need to wait until they email you to see.
The diagram in your ticket shows 50m RTH and you flew over a ridge and it lost signal and your altitude was over 50m from the home point but no with you flying by the ridge one of the hills was higher than the aircraft.
I will ask Monday if I can post that diagram and you and the others in this thread can clearly see that it hit the hill while it was on the RTH.
You are ahead of the game right now by it possibly being a warranty, I suggest just waiting until they email you Monday before you start posting again.And you red line in the photo is a heck of a lot higher than 50m.
2016-8-5
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Guatemala

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-5 18:59
That's not what the diagram looks like in your flight. Regardless, I already told you I think it's  ...

i just get the email ant thanks god im going to get a quad ,

and yea the red line is higher than 50 meters thats why i was telling you , that i fly imagine 300 meters up and then what  the quad is going to do is fly  in the same altitude to the home point and then descend
right ?

To clarify this question im going to create a  video and show you what i mean so you can tell me if is truth or no

also thats what i mean and not that  i was lower than 50 meters i mean that the quad was fliying alot higher than the RTH altitude so basically it is going to  go back in the same altitude im i right ??

and yes i was flying in a mountain but there was nothing behind the quad  i believe , because after i saw the erros in my screen  15 minutes later  i go to last position that was in the DJI go app , and  basically see what it back of  that position to see if my quad hit something  and there is nothing  if you want i go to that place  take some pictures to show that there was nothing behind .

also please if you post my logs do not show the home point  just the last minutes of flight when you show what you mean with the ridge ,  this is just for privacy some areas are dangerous here  

regards
2016-8-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

GTDrone Posted at 2016-8-5 18:36
i just get the email ant thanks god im going to get a quad ,

and yea the red line is higher than ...

It's good to hear that you've come to a positive resolution thus far.
2016-8-5
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules