Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I1 bugs that need firmwared? gimbal horizontal, IMU, GPS drop out, calibration
1855 12 2015-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chato1974.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love this Quad! however, since I've been flying the Inspire 1 these are some issues I've noticed.
1) The gimbal's horizontal view is allways -0.8 off and needs to be manual correction before every flight to maintain a level horizon for pictures (even after battery change).
2) The gimbal pans slowley by itself to the right no more than 5 degrees (only noticable when it's on the ground and stationary.) When flying the I1 gimbal seems to correct itself while it's turning in the air.
3) IMU shows a MOD of 1.04 to 1.08 and needs IMU calibration everytime (the long calibration that takes 5min), It returns to 1.0 +- 0.1
4) Compus calibration always seems degraded and needs calibrated until it reads above 1500.
5) I really dislike the 500m limits as 1600ft is a far cry from its 7000ft limit. (like having a Corvette governed to 50mph)6) GPS dropout causing the the I1 to drift with the wind until GPS restored itself. Then it's stable again.
I am running the "un-official" IOS version on an iPad Air2 and understand there are bugs that have been worked out in the official version when it's released. Other than the long preflight the I1 has performed flawlessly and again "I love it"!

Is anybody else dealing with these small issues before flight?

2015-1-26
Use props
stavros833

United States

yep, all that stuff is common. I hope a new firmware will fix it
2015-1-27
Use props
jeff
lvl.1

Canada

I can relate to all of that...hope it's fixed before spring hits. I wish the gimbal correction could be on the stick (lol) as I'm constantly adjusting it to get a clean horizon line.
2015-1-27
Use props
paul.swieconek.
lvl.1

United States

jeff Posted at 2015-1-27 20:13
I can relate to all of that...hope it's fixed before spring hits. I wish the gimbal correction could ...

An artificial horizon that you can toggle on or off would be nice for FPV. Understood that it's present in HDMI output via monitor or goggles.
2015-1-27
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

1) The gimbal's horizontal view is allways -0.8 off and needs to be manual correction before every flight to maintain a level horizon for pictures (even after battery change).

this is the only thing driving me up the wall at the minute, everytime it takes off its out, spend 2 minutes of battery trying to get it right
2015-1-27
Use props
Ozren
lvl.4

Croatia

Since there is no answer, like "we will look into it and see if it can be fixed", from DJI then its probably a hardware issue, and it cant be fixed. I sent my inspire 1 with gimbal drifting, and they told me that its acceptable. WTF? its acceptable for a gimbal to move? Well, i hope its a software issue, but i am a programmer for 15 years now, and i am sure if its a software issue it would already get fixed.
2015-1-27
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.4

United Kingdom

You know how they had 200+ inspires out on test would they have not have noticed any of these issues especially the horizon on the piss every time. Maybe just chose to ignore it
2015-1-27
Use props
owen.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

AshInspire1 Posted at 2015-1-28 01:55
1) The gimbal's horizontal view is allways -0.8 off and needs to be manual correction before every f ...

Hi there

Just got my inspire today, having same problem, did you solve it, was it in FPV mode?

cheers
2015-1-31
Use props
craigarthurson.
lvl.1

Australia

HI Guys ?
Looking at getting an Android as IOS still coming looking at Nvidia possibly with the tablet out in the field can the IMU calibration be carried out with the App might sould like a dum Question. As yet to get my inspire 1 pick it up on Monday finaly arrived.  So I am just asking as I have not had the equipment to play with or trial yet.
Again sorry if this is a dum question.
2015-1-31
Use props
chato1974.email
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2630909 ft
  • >>>
United States

craigarthurson. Posted at 2015-2-1 06:14
HI Guys ?
Looking at getting an Android as IOS still coming looking at Nvidia possibly with the tabl ...

I running IOS that I got of an unofficial site, it works perfectly. however I am waiting for the official version to come out so it can fix some of the bugs that are present with the old IOS version.
2015-1-31
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.3

United States

owen.email Posted at 2015-2-1 05:31
Hi there

Just got my inspire today, having same problem, did you solve it, was it in FPV mode?

I notice this issue on mine also.  I'm on follow mode and the gimbal would gradually tilt on its own.  I didn't think it would be a problem for me at first, but then I realize that people are paying for high quality video making with the Inspire.  So this has to be fixed.
2015-1-31
Use props
dundee
Captain
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

I quote from first post here.

2) The gimbal pans slowley by itself to the right no more than 5 degrees (only noticable when it's on the ground and stationary.) When flying the I1 gimbal seems to correct itself while it's turning in the air.

I dont think this is an issue, it more an advantage and clever thing to.

The gimbal will only do this 5 degrees left or right if camera mode is in follow mode.
Note : It does not do that if camera is in Free mode.
This way you get a more smoother 'camera pan start' when the gimble starts following  the yaw of the craft.

Another way to explain this is:
Imagine yawing the craft 45 degrees.
The gimble will start moving same direction as the yaw but start panning slow in the same direction
of the yaw, then getting up to the same speed as the yaw speed of the craft.
And yes, only noticable when it's on the ground and stationary.

So the gimble starts panning in a smooth way, what results in less aggressive or nervious camera pans.
If you can not pan your gimble, you yaw the craft to get same effect.

Clever thinking DJI !!!!! Nice professional touch ;)

2015-2-1
Use props
al
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2210738 ft
United Kingdom

I have to add my Inspire has the same off level horizon problem.  It's so frustrating and makes it unusable for reliable aerial work.    Hoping this can be fixed by firmware.

Al
2015-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules