Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 V+ V3 Battery Firmware concern
4143 7 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingDog
lvl.3

Taiwan

Just received my new Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.  Connect it to my Mac Assistant Software 3.6, on the Upgrade page, the Battery info shows Loader as 2.3.0.2, the battery Firmware is 1.0.0.9, and 'No updates'.

I remember last time I purchased a new battery for my previous Phantom 2 V+ (V2), the battery came with firmware 2.0.0.0, I then upgraded it to 2.6.0.0 with no issue.  Now the new batteries (2 in the package) came with this new Phantom confuse me.  They look new, and the Discharging Times is '1' for both, but the Loader and Firmware versions are strange to me.  Am I getting 2 very ancient batteries, or is something different in V3 from V2 that I don't know?  Should it be a concren?  Any comment or advice please.

2015-1-27
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.3

Taiwan

With a closer look I found that my previous batteries (all upgraded to 2.6.0.0) have the Model No. as '753496-5200mAh-11.1V' printed on the battery, while the 2 ones I recently received (firmware 1.0.0.9) have Model No. shown as 'PH2-5200mAh-11.1V' and a 'V2.0' next to it.  One of them came in a box with an orange card saying 'Batteries bearing model number PH2-5200mAh-11.1V include new upgraded cells.  Please upgrade the Phantom central board firmware to version 1.0.2.7 or above through Phantom Assistant before using the battery for the first time'.  My P330CB firmware is on 1.0.2.10 now.

So still, the 2 batteries are either very new or very old, compared to the previous ones.  Anyone have similar information to share?

2015-1-27
Use props
jmims
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's my understanding the firmware 2.6.0.0 was pulled because it was causing problems with 3rd party batteries. They haven't re-posted that update yet. That would explain why the old batteries are updated and the "new" ones are not. As for the orange sticker, etc., I'm not sure.
2015-1-27
Use props
umpa
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I can put your mind at rest, I have just bought a battery from Firstpersonview.co.uk and my battery is exactly like yours - I even have the orange sticker.  Nothing to worry about.
Also looking at the 2 small contacts these are also a little different from the 'older' battery. The newer one has slightly larger pads and one is slightly covered with a plastic lip.
2015-1-27
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.3

Taiwan

Thanks for the reply, umpa.  Now I feel more comfortable.

So now we have new Battery V2.0 showing up, with Model No. 'PH2-5200mAh-11.1V' and starting with Loader 2.3.0.2 and Firmware V1.0.0.9?  What a confusing world of all the numbers, versions and names.  I wonder what the 'new upgraded cells' mean.  Anyway, guess I can start happy flying with my new babies.  That's good!

2015-1-27
Use props
gemelli912.gmai
New

United States

I just received two new batteries model "PH2-5200mAh 11.1V" with a yellow sticker that says to upgrade to version 1.0.2.7 or above.
Are they good for my P2V+?
Thanks any help.
2015-2-9
Use props
FlyingDog
lvl.3

Taiwan

When you connect your Phantom to your computer using the Assistant Software, on the 'Upgrade' page, what does it show for the P330CB (if yours is Phantom 2V+) and Battery info?  If the P330CB Firmware is 1.0.2.7 or above (mine is 1.0.2.10), you should be fine.
2015-2-9
Use props
kwoodwar
New

Canada

Hi there,

I recently received a model PH2-5200mAh-11.1V V2.0 battery for my middle school's Phantom 2 Vision+, followed the firmware update instructions as mentioned above (everything is showing as up-to-date in DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8), and the battery doesn't work. The iPhone app has a message on the camera screen that says the battery is not compatible. The battery was purchased on Amazon by our Parents Advisory Council so I don't know the vendor. Could it be a non-genuine battery and is, as a result, being refused by the DJI software?

I'd appreciate any advice about how to get the drone to accept the battery.

Thanks! KW
2016-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules