Register Phantom 4
2433 10 2016-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Imacer24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19843 ft
United States

How I register my Phantom 4 with DJI for warranty?
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

When you activate your drone at the first time with network service, it will be registered in the server automatically.
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you brought it in a brick-and-mortar store, keep the receipt because you'll need it for repair. Or take a picture of the receipt and keep it in your Google Drive/ Dropbox
2016-8-4
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Just did this, you will use your login here and password when it prompts you.  I think that's how it works I didn't see any errors.  Good idea on photo and or copy of the receipt thanks for that.
No SN or model numbers to enter for a change.

Be sure to place your FAA registration number somewhere on the machine maybe even a couple of places.
2016-8-5
Use props
Imacer24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19843 ft
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-5 21:22
Just did this, you will use your login here and password when it prompts you.  I think that's how it ...

Thank you, very much.
2016-8-6
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Added  note on FAA numbers and your personal information.  I made up little labels and also added a QR code with info so it can just be scanned.  I wrote the FAA number inside the machine with a sharpie where the battery lives in case somebody were to try and remove my labels.

I labeled both batteries, one of the quad arms, and the back side of the gimbal in case it detaches itself from possible incident.

Something else I just realized is if you have a second or more battery you need to perform the update for it/them also.  Easy to do.  If you get a "peripheral error, slide to update" just slide the button and give it a few minutes.

Ok more than basic registration I know.... just things I found as a virgin user.

2016-8-7
Use props
iVDLMehxcYJ9
New
Flight distance : 62106 ft
Australia

I have loged on but I dont get a prompt to Validate.. ..??
2016-9-19
Use props
fans84683ee1
lvl.1
Australia

its done automatically i believe?...i am wondering the same thing, hopefully i won't need it.
2017-3-21
Use props
Pepperami
New
United Kingdom

fans84683ee1 Posted at 2017-3-21 03:43
its done automatically i believe?...i am wondering the same thing, hopefully i won't need it.

What DJI do NOT tell you, ANYWHERE on there website, is that if like me, you buy a Phantom 4 from a friend thats upgraded his, you yourself CANNOT re register the P4 as YOURS, EVER

In reality what does that mean to you?   Unless you have a proof of purchase, your screwed, literally!

Gets stolen from your car, or shed, or home, tough... you prove its yours!   Good luck with that one!

I spoke to someone on the phone this afternoon for around 20 mins, she confirmed after me having a little bit of a meltdown that after looking herself, no, DJI make no mention of this ANYWHERE

She did try to cover DJIs arse by then saying well the APP tells you when you first switch it on

Does it tell you that then when the drones already been registered and your the second owner??

Errrr, NO, was the reply

DJI for all their brilliant products, absolutely SUCK at helping customers who like me have brought from a friend, colleague, Neighbour

How many people have purchased their drones like this?  From people upgrading to another model?

Why the hell cant DJI see that have created a huge problem for people?

Well, the truth is they know already, but as you've already brought it, there isn't really a lot yo can do about it, is there?

2017-3-21
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-5 05:22
Just did this, you will use your login here and password when it prompts you.  I think that's how it works I didn't see any errors.  Good idea on photo and or copy of the receipt thanks for that.
No SN or model numbers to enter for a change.

You can put it inside the battery compartment.
2017-3-21
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Pepperami Posted at 2017-3-21 11:20
What DJI do NOT tell you, ANYWHERE on there website, is that if like me, you buy a Phantom 4 from a friend thats upgraded his, you yourself CANNOT re register the P4 as YOURS, EVER

In reality what does that mean to you?   Unless you have a proof of purchase, your screwed, literally!

The product registration is only useful for the warranty, and I don't believe that transfers anyway.  It was your friend's responsibility to tell you as he would be the one to know, he likely didn't think it would be an issue though as it's not really relevant.  You use it for DJI Care too, but that's "attached" to the drone itself, once it's active, it's active.

As for theft, DJI's registration won't help you there.  You need to record the serial numbers and take pictures, that is your proof.  Better yet, get insurance, State Farm will insure it for $60 a year, no deductible, and it covers theft, they will photograph it and record the serial numbers for you and if it turns up missing they will buy you a new one and then THEY will try and find the old one (which they now own) and rain fire down upon the thief.
2017-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules