A3 Pro - GPS / IMU imput order?
5328 12 2016-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sales58
lvl.2

Can some one confirm where to plug in the GPS and IMUs for the Pro and which is what?

The Manual & Assistant App doesn't say anything and nothing is marked...

I set up an A3 Pro, its flies but very wobbly on and X8 and in GPS its drifts w/ 18 satellites?

Is the below diagram/labeling correct?

Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 11.02.45 PM.jpg
2016-8-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

That appears to be right with the exception that IMU 1 should be IMU 2 and IMU 2 would be IMU 3. Regarding the stability, have you checked your gains settings as well?
2016-8-5
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I have fitted the upgrade kit and it works in any can bus connector, the assistant 2 when it works will identify it and allow you to modify the hight, X, Y. the go app will show the IMU being used.

this was my experience anyway when fitting.

r
2016-8-10
Use props
phil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432713 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-5 17:43
That appears to be right with the exception that IMU 1 should be IMU 2 and IMU 2 would be IMU 3. Reg ...

Hello, I used this post/diagram in my built so thanks for this. DJI- Jamie you mentioned checking gain settings, is there a preferred range or settings it should be at?
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

phil@toledoaeri Posted at 2016-8-11 11:16
Hello, I used this post/diagram in my built so thanks for this. DJI- Jamie you mentioned checking  ...

Based on your set up, I wouldn't be able to provide exact values, but you may want to look into reducing them a bit if the unit is wobbling. For the drifting, try performing an IMU calibration, along with checking the X, Y and Z values if the drifting is acting more like a toilet bowl effect.
2016-8-11
Use props
tcecil9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567142 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 11:24
Based on your set up, I wouldn't be able to provide exact values, but you may want to look into red ...

Hello DJI-Jamie
I'm putting my a3 pro on my m600
Just found this thread----Just to be sure
The diagram is correct except "with the exception that IMU 1 should be IMU 2 and IMU 2 would be IMU 3"
Is that correct?
Thank you in advance!
2016-8-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tcecil9 Posted at 2016-8-13 11:52
Hello DJI-Jamie
I'm putting my a3 pro on my m600
Just found this thread----Just to be sure

That's correct.
2016-8-13
Use props
tcecil9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567142 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Jamie
after speaking to Ken Booth he said you were incorrect--
The diagram is CORRECT!

Please let me know you got this--
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

tcecil9 Posted at 2016-8-18 01:12
DJI Jamie
after speaking to Ken Booth he said you were incorrect--
The diagram is CORRECT!

I apologize for the miscommunication.
2016-8-17
Use props
DallasDrone
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie as usual DJI can not provide a simple explanation of which is GPS 1,2,or 3 and which is IMU 1 and 2.  I looked and looked for a simple understanding like Sales58 made and found nothing until his drawing.  Thank you Sales58, but then according to you  it was not correct and then it was???  Can you please one more time assure me now the drawing is correct and or tell me does it matter?  I have hooked my A3 Pro several different ways and get the same results so long as i get the GPS in the proper X,Y,Z measurements regardless of which is ID-ed as GPS 1,2, or 3.  The IMUs seem straight forward, assuming the IMU plug into IMU-1 port marked on the A3 and that makes it IMU-1 and the other IMU is plugged into IMU-2 port on the A3 and that makes it IMU-2 when plugged in.  Is this correct???  Where the confusion comes in, GPS 2 is connected to IMU-1 and GPS-3 is connected to IMU-2, some one thought this out well OMG...  we are talking about minimum of $6.5K flying in the air you would think it would be a priority to have good docks on this.  The problem I am having is when the craft is spun on yaw axis 360 it drifts a lot in a oval.  Is this not the symptom of IMU settings off in X,Y, or Z???
2017-3-26
Use props
edwoodza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379177 ft
South Africa

have you had success flying with it yet on the latest firmware?
be warned we have found latets version to break the system. DJI wont admit the screwed up. BUT IMU issues came after updats. so much so we cant fly the aircraft for fear of a crash as when it changes between MC to IMU1 it yaws 20 degrees and gets into a death jerk wobble (until you force it back to MC in the redundancy menu on Go ap)
2017-3-31
Use props
edwoodza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379177 ft
South Africa

just loaded the very latest FW and does seem all the bugs causing the above issues have been resolved. (even though DJI support all the time denied there were these very issues and claimed faulty equipment)
2017-5-18
Use props
kelvinmorton
lvl.1
Flight distance : 380436 ft
Australia

I found a diagram in my instruction book with the following layout.  I have been having some stability and drifting issues so I was about to fly with this....
M600 A3 Pro Configuration.jpg
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules