Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motor arms vibrating.
3266 38 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave E
Second Officer
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone else having problems with motor arms vibrating and oscillating? Mine seem to do it occassionally. There is a little bit of play where the arms attach to the 'T' pieces but I have been told not to tighten the large nuts by DJI. It doesnt appear to affect video quality.  Any ideas folks?
2015-1-27
Use props
gutten180.hotma
lvl.1

Norway

tighten the nuts, only it helps, I have done it, works perfectly
2015-1-28
Use props
hej
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

I had the same thing on my Inspire. Dont know what the cause is.
2015-1-28
Use props
alex.lute.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1842592 ft
Sweden

Same here, also just not every time...
2015-1-28
Use props
xzces
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

It's vibrating because the props are out of balance. One reason for this is if they aren't thightened enough. Its the same problem most people have with the black props.
2015-1-28
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gutten180.hotma Posted at 2015-1-29 02:49
tighten the nuts, only it helps, I have done it, works perfectly

Hi Gutten. Did you tighten the large black plastic nuts in front of the 'T' pieces?
2015-1-29
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do have the props tight but that doesn't seem to help unfortunately.
2015-1-29
Use props
hej
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

Dave E Posted at 2015-1-29 20:38
I do have the props tight but that doesn't seem to help unfortunately.

Yes, same here
2015-1-29
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

When I tighten the props there is still a very small gap between the prob base and the motor top plate. I have asked DJI about it  on the chat line and I was told that this is normal. I am not certain that this gap should be there and I wonder if this is why there are some issues with props coming off. It almost seems that the props have not been tapped deep enough or the threaded motor pinions are too long.Anyone got any views please.
2015-1-29
Use props
gunther.horne.g
lvl.3

Norway

Dave E Posted at 2015-1-29 20:37
Hi Gutten. Did you tighten the large black plastic nuts in front of the 'T' pieces?

yea...........
2015-1-29
Use props
colin.email
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75686 ft
  • >>>
United States

See this post for other incidents http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5884
2015-1-29
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

Do you think this is a prop balance issue ??? Possibly?
2015-1-29
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The props are well balanced.  If you are seeing significant oscillation in the arms, it is recommended that you contact DJI for analysis and repair/replacement.
2015-1-29
Use props
Colonel Angus
Second Officer

United States

That's great to know Ed TY for your guidance here on this forum!

Most appreciated.
2015-1-29
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-1-29 23:48
When I tighten the props there is still a very small gap between the prob base and the motor top pla ...

This is normal.  I would not worry about this.  Please do not add any washers or grommets to the Inspire motor.  It is not recommended or necessary.  If you have the prop locks, use them, if not carefully tighten the props and wait until the prop guards are available.
2015-1-30
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.4

United States

Why are my posts being removed? Anyone...?
2015-1-30
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having a prop balancer made for the Inspire, so we shall see how good they are.  It sure can't hurt.
2015-1-30
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-1-31 04:42
Why are my posts being removed? Anyone...?

They are not being removed.  The posts are ordered by user activity and other criteria.  They are not necessary in chronological order.  It is a Chinese thing and the way they order their forums.
2015-1-30
Use props
svencool
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6690 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-31 09:22
They are not being removed.  The posts are ordered by user activity and other criteria.  They are  ...

Well I'm come to figure that out! I was like what the heck at first but it took me a while but I did finally did figure it out lol.....

Mike
2015-1-30
Use props
Blade_Strike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

It drives me nuts,  really hard to keep track of new post.
2015-1-30
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-1-31 08:20
Having a prop balancer made for the Inspire, so we shall see how good they are.  It sure can't hurt.

I look forward to your prop balancer results vonbaron. My gut feeling on this is that it is not a prop balance issue however. Easy fix if it is though.
2015-1-31
Use props
Funnone
lvl.4
United States

I had to balance 2 of my props, slightly off  (one CW and one CCW) http://shop.dubro.com/p/tru-spin-prop-balancer-qty-pkg-1
2015-1-31
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Funnone. Unbalanced props certainly won't help
2015-1-31
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-1-29 23:48
When I tighten the props there is still a very small gap between the prob base and the motor top pla ...

1. Check the Balance of the props .
2. The props are not seating properly to the motors when tightened, this is bad if true as they need to seat , my p1 and p2 style props do seat very nicely wether nutted or spin on .
Also the inspire uses motor braking !
3. The transforming combo landing  gear motor mount arms ? Cool idea but seems to me that mechanical design will be taking a lot of punishment and abuse the more it's used the looser it will become ? hard landings or just bouncing round in its case during travel etc.
solid arms for mounting the motors and a separate landing gear setup could have been better , I'm thinking bird crashes hitting its gear hard ... And now you've got the motor booms , and the linked landing gear mechanism etc all taking the hit .... $$$$. Ouch !
My version , solid motor mount booms , seperate retractable landing gear , Get rid of the optical flow indoor sensor cam and replace it with a stationary FPV cam for the pilot ! Duh .
2015-1-31
Use props
daver/m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-31 04:25
This is normal.  I would not worry about this.  Please do not add any washers or grommets to the I ...

Agree I would Not put washers under the props, ... but removing some material from the inside top of the props would be my modification so the base of the prop Does contact the motor surface , with or without the prop locks installed...
2015-1-31
Use props
UM305
lvl.4

United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-1-29 20:37

This will be void the warranty? my Inspire comes with small warranty seal..
2015-1-31
Use props
slabella.consul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1483192 ft
  • >>>
United States

I to see some vibrating and oscillating when flying. Yes, with the ARMS are up and i am in the air i see the motors shaking.

On the bench, i see a little more play on the RIGHT side both the front back motors shake, looks like bout 1/8 inch play next to the large BLACK NUT where the angular tube junctions into the TEE felting. Maybe the NUT needs to snug up a BIT?

On the LEFT side, i see just a little but the motors don't shake at this time. I am watching for more play as i fly.

My Question to DJI, can this large nut be adjusted by the owners? Please advise.

2015-2-3
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-1-31 17:04
I look forward to your prop balancer results vonbaron. My gut feeling on this is that it is not a  ...

Dave E   
Have the balancer done and did a post with picture of it but don't know where it went.  Out of 8 props, 1 was perfect and the rest needed balancing.
2015-2-3
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-2-4 01:09
Dave E   
Have the balancer done and did a post with picture of it but don't know where it went.  ...

vonbaron

Thanks vonbaron, how did you actually balance the props?
2015-2-3
Use props
accounts.visual
New
United States

After three weeks of using the Inspire, i started experiencing the same issues. Opened a support ticket with DJI and this was their response to the issue.

"Please kindly contact your dealer Coptershop.com; DJI has already provide a solution for this issue, and our dealers are capable to help you out."

I was thrilled to hear that as my dealer had been giving me excellent service. I called about the issue and they told me they weren't authorized to deal with the inspire 1 yet and though they've heard of this common issue, they didn't know what was causing it or how to address it. They advised me to call the DJI offices in LA.

I called DJI LA and they're brilliant answer was that their techs had looked into the issue and said this was "Normal". NORMAL?! I'm at the point where its getting really frustrating to deal with DJI and they are obviously not even sure of whats going on. The regular support ticket guys told me they found a way the "resolve" the "issue" but DJI LA says its not really an issue and its pretty "standard" and normal". This is really infuriating after dropping so much money on a "professional" product.
2015-2-3
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dave E
I had a friend of mine make the adapter.  Similar to a lawn mower blade balancer.  A brass insert that  looks the same as the motor stub but without the threads so it just goes in the hole.  It sits on what looks like a nail point but is not.  When measured at the tips and trailing edge of the blades, I had measured 33mm on one end and 59mm on the other.  So that's how much it was out of balance.  If you think yours should be balanced is totally up to the pilots.  I figure why not take one item out of the chain that could be wrong and we can each fix ourselves.
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
IMG4.JPG
image3.JPG
2015-2-3
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vonbaron

Many thanks for this, what a great tool. Did you scrape the heavier blade to remove material?
2015-2-4
Use props
craigarthurson.
lvl.1

Australia

vonbaron1 Posted at 2015-2-4 02:55
Dave E
I had a friend of mine make the adapter.  Similar to a lawn mower blade balancer.  A brass in ...

Not the way to balance a Propeller
2015-2-5
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Its better then doing nothing but I also found one online that will work better.
2015-2-5
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All of the prop balancers I have ever used involve the balancing shaft going right through the propellor hub. This is obviously not possible with the inspire props.
2015-2-5
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dave,    This will do the trick.  I have one on order.    http://www.infinity-hobby.com/ma ... p?products_id=11417
2015-2-5
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

vonbaron, I've just ordered one. Many thanks.
2015-2-5
Use props
dbeck.promobox
Second Officer

United States

was that tape they put on for balance?
2015-2-5
Use props
Dave E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It certainly looks like tape. I haven't balanced a prop using that method before but I have used it for helicopter rotor blades and it works very well.
2015-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules