Assistant on MAC
2706 11 2016-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobFrazzini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97047 ft
United States

I have been trying to use the Assistant 2 software on my MAC to update my craft. It worked once quite a while back but I simply can't get it to work again.  It loads but simply shows the screen that indicates the drone is not attached even though it is.  I have researched several other threads and have tried all of the suggestions -

Tried the original USB to mini cable, then tried to other cables (3) but it still won't connect.
Tried different sequences - drone attached then load, load then attach drone, etc.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Assitant 2 twice.  (Downloaded the DMG file from DJI)
Rebooted the Mac, validated that the USB ports work
Tried it on an entirely different Mac - same outcome.

Finally called support - walked them through what I had tried.  Got put on hold, then they came back and said they would refer me to another rep and contact me.  Nothing so far from them.

The bottom line is that I can update with my iPad but I would like to make sure I can use the Assistamt should I ever need to downgrade etc.

Does anyone have any ideas?   Any other Mac users experiencing this?
2016-8-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Rob, does your drone work well in Windows?  Does the driver install correctly?
2016-8-9
Use props
RobFrazzini
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-9 16:37
Hello Rob, does your drone work well in Windows?  Does the driver install correctly?
https://youtu.b ...

I don't have a Windows machine - we are all Mac here.  I have done everything that this video suggests but the software does not recognize when the drone is plugged in.   Again I did try this across two different Macs and get the exact same result.   Is there some special setup you have for the USB to mini cable?
2016-8-9
Use props
RobFrazzini
lvl.2
United States

RobFrazzini Posted at 2016-8-9 20:28
I don't have a Windows machine - we are all Mac here.  I have done everything that this video sugg ...

Just to follow up - I tried the whole process again.  Every thing seems to install just as it should.  Followed the video, step by step - but still nothing.
2016-8-9
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

Do you recall whether you installed the driver which comes in the .dmg image?

A reboot after the install is also helpful.
With DJI Assistant 2 opened, plug in your drone and turn it on. If it doesn't detect it then, I am not sure what else could help.

Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 9.56.50 AM.png
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

28wins Posted at 2016-8-10 01:11
Do you recall whether you installed the driver which comes in the .dmg image?

Thank you for posting
2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RobFrazzini Posted at 2016-8-10 00:55
Just to follow up - I tried the whole process again.  Every thing seems to install just as it shou ...

Did the prior post help, you need to install the driver as well.Here's a tutorial video.And here's a link to all the suport videos, there are a bunch of really great informative videos here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0sMNc2SGnM-wD3ZGYj3MAQ/videos

2016-8-9
Use props
RobFrazzini
lvl.2
United States

28 and Ken - Thanks for your reply.  Yes I did install the driver and the assistant app.  I also then removed them both and re-downloaded from the DJI site.  I installed the driver first, then the assistant 2.0.  I then rebooted my Mac and loaded the assistant.  The assistant loafed and I logged in.  Then I plugged the drone into the USB cable and turned the drone on.   Yet the assistant screen still stays at the opening screen showing the USB plug and an animation indicting to plug the USB into the Mac.   I tested all three of my USB cables on other devices and they seem to work fine,  Alsol when I plug my IPad via the USB adapter that came with the phantom 4 it recognizes the drone is connected.  

Is there a log files that assistant 2 creates?  I also have found other threads that talk about having the same issues with Mac but success with a Windows device.  It there a Mac bug?

Thanks again.
2016-8-9
Use props
28wins
lvl.3

United States

This is puzzling!

You are not running a BETA Mac OS version, are you?
2016-8-9
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

I think a lot of confusion comes from the fact that after putting the Driver in your Applications folder you have physically install it. Double click on the Driver icon and follow the instructions.
2016-8-9
Use props
RobFrazzini
lvl.2
United States

28wins Posted at 2016-8-10 10:27
This is puzzling!

You are not running a BETA Mac OS version, are you?

No - no beta anything - truly nothing out of the ordinary. And I agree it is very hard to figure out.  I am truly at a loss.  Thank you for trying to assist!
2016-8-10
Use props
RobFrazzini
lvl.2
United States

airobotix Posted at 2016-8-10 14:11
I think a lot of confusion comes from the fact that after putting the Driver in your Applications fo ...

Airobotics thanks for the comment but I have indeed run the installation of the driver and it completes successfully.
2016-8-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules