Battery icon turned red in APP
1547 9 2015-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fdanell.gmail
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi!

I'm asking as an precaution. I was flying the other day with one of my new Original DJI batterys.

Mid-flight at about 45% of battery, the battery-icon in the APP turned red, it might have blinked red aswell, I don't remember. after a couple of seconds it turned to normal again but I landed as soon as I could anyway.

Just asking if anyone else had this happening, is it something to worry about?

Thanks!

2015-1-27
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I have not seen any documentation reporting why the icon would report red with the exception that it is time to bring it home so it's hard to say if there is anything to worry about.  I have seen warnings pop-upon screen when something goes bad and if you didn't see that I don't think you need to worry.
2015-1-27
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

I would check all of the battery contacts as a routine , especially the tiny spring loaded ones in the bird.  Give them a clean to ensure a good contact.  A little blip may have indicated a drop/loss of connectivity for a nano second.  Worth checking anyway.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-27
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just remembered, the Vision app has screen that reports battery health; did you open that to see if anything was logged?  It's under the settings menu but you need to have the battery in and a connection with the Phantom.  It logs the last dozen battery uses so it should still be there is any issue was detected.
2015-1-27
Use props
DJI-冬瑞
lvl.1

China

May i see the screenshot of your battery information in the assistant software?
2015-1-28
Use props
fdanell.gmail
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI-冬瑞 Posted at 2015-1-28 18:15
May i see the screenshot of your battery information in the assistant software?

When I look at battery history info it just says "N/A"

Prior to these screen shots I've upgraded the p330cb and Maincontroller, I noticed they where one version old. I also noticed that the update on the p330cb had something to do with battery connection so that might be it. (I've deliberately masked the Hardware ID) The new battery had the same Loader and firmware versions.

2015-1-28
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

why did you hide the hardware ID ?
2015-1-28
Use props
fdanell.gmail
lvl.1

Sweden

umpa Posted at 2015-1-28 19:52
why did you hide the hardware ID ?

hehe, I don't know where I've read it, but something about being able to hijack/control another persons quad?
2015-1-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

fdanell.gmail Posted at 2015-1-28 20:00
hehe, I don't know where I've read it, but something about being able to hijack/control another pe ...

Hijacking is next to impossible.
2015-1-28
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I don't know enough to argue either way, but my gut feeling is the hardware ID would be next to useless without having the item in hand.
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules