P3 Pro suddenly won't let me take pic or video
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gg92260
lvl.1

It was working fine, then half an hour later;

When I take a photo, the screen goes blank and the a swirl goes around the shutter button on the screen for a few seconds and then it shows a DJI logo before coming back to show me the live view. It doesn't actually capture anything. Same thing in video.

Tried different sd cards, re formating etc. Updated to latest firmware, still same issue. Will not trigger camera or video either by controller button, nor from ipad mini DJI Go app screen
2016-8-9
Use props
flyinhornets
New

United States

Im no expert repairman, i had a similar issue and had to replace the video transmitter. Works now.

Not sure if this is the problem but worth a look. These two videos saved me big time.
2016-8-9
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

I had the same issue. It is your tablet or phone. Uninstall the app and reinstall it. It happened on the latest app update. I am guessing you are using an Android device?
2016-8-9
Use props
gg92260
lvl.1

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-10 11:35
I had the same issue. It is your tablet or phone. Uninstall the app and reinstall it. It happened on ...

Actually, I'm using an iPad mini, but I will try your suggestion.

Tried re-installing the app on the ipad mini, same results. Simply won't trigger the shutter nor will video button start recording

2016-8-9
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, it is recommended to try other device since your are using the iPad mini1. Reinstall the app if necessary. 兼容列表.JPG
2016-8-10
Use props
gg92260
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-10 16:03
Hello, it is recommended to try other device since your are using the iPad mini1. Reinstall the app  ...

I just tried my Android (LG V10) device, same problem.
2016-8-10
Use props
rreindl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

Just an idea try to re-link your RC to your drone.
2016-8-10
Use props
gg92260
lvl.1

Yeah, tried that too, no avail :-(
2016-8-10
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

Do you have video feed to your tablet/
Try another SD card , format it. Make sure it is at least U1.
2016-8-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

gg92260@yahoo.c Posted at 2016-8-11 04:41
Yeah, tried that too, no avail :-(

It doesn't hurt to redo the update with the bin file or try with different devices. Reinstall the app if necessary. If these methods don't help, please contact our support and send it in.
2016-8-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Just to make sure, try using the original SD card that came with the aircraft. Format it in the aircraft using the DJI Go app, not on a computer. Then switch on the aircraft and the RC unit and try shooting a shot while it is sitting on the bench, using the shutter button on the RC unit, not in the app. That should eliminate a number of potential issues.
2016-8-10
Use props
gg92260
lvl.1

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-11 11:33
Do you have video feed to your tablet/
Try another SD card , format it. Make sure it is at least U1. ...

I do have the live feed. I've tried 4 different cards (that have worked previously).
2016-8-10
Use props
gg92260
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-11 13:27
Just to make sure, try using the original SD card that came with the aircraft. Format it in the airc ...

The original card that came with the P3P, is one of 4 different cards that I've tried, and followed your instructions to the letter. Live feed works, but pressing shutter button in either still or video mode generates the "swirl: around the shutter button, followed by a black screen for few seconds, then a DJI logo inside the live view screen. Then it goes back to live view.

I've tried re-installing the app, re-installing the update on both RC and quad, syncing the two.

It was working just fine less than half an hour before this all happened, I'm at a loss as to what to do. Sending it in to DJI, would leave me with no drone for months. I need it for some of the stuff that I do. Having to buy a 2nd drone to have, just in case the first one acts-up, seems a little crazy.
2016-8-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

gg92260@yahoo.c Posted at 2016-8-11 16:46
The original card that came with the P3P, is one of 4 different cards that I've tried, and followe ...

OK, I understand. This, or similar, has been reported here before, but I have no idea in what thread. You might like to do a search to see if an answer turned up. I have a feeling it required the aircraft to be sent for repair.
2016-8-10
Use props
gg92260
lvl.1

looking closely at it, it looks like the ribbon cable that goes down the right rear landing gear is so pinched by the plastic cover they are cut. Maybe those ribbons are now touching each other and thus preventing camera function.

Probably just have to send it in to DJI and be without for few months again.
2016-8-11
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

gg92260@yahoo.c Posted at 2016-8-11 20:45
looking closely at it, it looks like the ribbon cable that goes down the right rear landing gear is  ...

That wire is for the antenna, it would have no effect on the camera.
I bet it is your tablet, it is old and slow, try updating to one that meets the minimum requirements. the one you are using is not fast enough. I had a similar problem on a tablet. i changed to an Ipad mini 4 and have had zero problems since.
2016-8-11
Use props
skyphoto.mig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2022415 ft
Portugal

I think its a firmware problem. I also have the same problem. Also change the SD cards, the tablets...
Also there are more users with the same problem.
2016-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules