o(^-^)o
ozzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26470558 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

Hi there,

I am using MAtrice 600 with Ronin MX mounted with Sony A7sii

after upgrading the newest IMU firmware in Ronin MX i am not able to use the Shutter controller with my Sony

I have test both Sony RSS cable with sony camera and Canon RSS cable with canon 5Dmkiii neither one are working after the update

any  clue how to make it work again, dont see the option to downgrade the Ronin MX firmware..

Regards

OZZO
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you tried restoring the system to default? Was this RSS installed when the update was performed?
2016-8-11
Use props
ozzo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Iceland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 22:15
Have you tried restoring the system to default? Was this RSS installed when the update was performed ...

Hey there Jamie, yes it was after connecting and rebooting i saw that there was a new firmware for the shutter controller downloaded and updates and works again....

is there a way to update the SRWR-G60 with new firmware seems like the ronin MX is disconnecting from Matrice 600 when connected...
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ozzo@ozzo.is Posted at 2016-8-12 09:26
Hey there Jamie, yes it was after connecting and rebooting i saw that there was a new firmware for ...

Just to clarify, do you mean that you lose video transmission from the Go app, or do you lose gimbal control as well?
2016-8-12
Use props
OZZO
lvl.2
  • >>>
Iceland

The latest Shutter Control Firmware I have installed now is 1.3 is there 1.4 now ?

Regards

OZZO
2017-1-16
Use props
OZZO
lvl.2
  • >>>
Iceland

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 14:15
Have you tried restoring the system to default? Was this RSS installed when the update was performed?

Hi Jamie,

Yes RSS was installed when the update took place I could see there was no New firmware update for the Shutter controller as it was 1.3 and latest from last week said 1.3

Regards

OZZO
2017-1-16
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-12 08:30
Just to clarify, do you mean that you lose video transmission from the Go app, or do you lose gimbal control as well?

This is a serious Ronin MX Firmware Problem. And doesn't have anything to do with us doing something wrong.

The Problems are:
Gimbal Motor Overload Error, in the Go App when attached to the M600
No Video Start Stop
No 360° turning

What do you guys tell your clients when they expect u to show up with the M600 and the Ronin MX?
2017-1-16
Use props
P.R
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1135738 ft
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-12 08:30

At least release a way to downgrade!
2017-1-16
Use props
fans67f92acd
New
Flight distance : 2028 ft
United States

I am having issues connecting my RSS I to the M600 controller.  I have an M600 with a Sony A7Rii on a Ronin MX.  I am attempting to use an RSS with it.  The only way I can get the RSS to trigger is with the actual Ronin Controller.  But I am not able to trigger with the M600 RC.  I am also having an issue with the DJI Focus Expansion Module not working and I wonder if these two issues are connected? Any thoughts?
2017-7-17
Use props
reednolan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46102 ft
United States

I posted the same problem here 2 months ago. http://forum.dji.com/thread-96822-1-1.html
After months of wasted time over the phone and online DJI has finally said they are going to address the issue. DJI needs to be more professional with their role outs of firmware. There has been a bug with each firmware update either causing me to work around the new issue or completely grounding me until the next update.  Here's a bit from a email chain I had with DJI support.

Dear Reed,
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
Sorry for the issue. The support who provided service for you has left office and I will follow it up for you.
I checked the Email records, and find some of his response may be not right.
For your issue, I try to conclude it: You cannot use remote controller to trigger your camera, right?
If yes, may I ask whether your Ronin-MX's GCU firmware is V1.5?
We also received feedback from other customers about the issue, including those customers using RED.
We will release new firmware for remote start/stop module soon to fix the issue. Please wait with patience.
M600's firmware cannot be downgraded.

I tried posting the email thread as a screen shot but the size cap stopped the post
2017-7-18
Use props
fans94c0cf96
New

Australia

reednolan Posted at 2017-7-18 12:20
I posted the same problem here 2 months ago. http://forum.dji.com/thread-96822-1-1.html
After months of wasted time over the phone and online DJI has finally said they are going to address the issue. DJI needs to be more professional with their role outs of firmware. There has been a bug with each firmware update either causing me to work around the new issue or completely grounding me until the next update.  Here's a bit from a email chain I had with DJI support.

I have the exact same problem using a Sony A7R.  Have DJI posted a fix for this?  I have all current firmware updates but still my RSS is not working.  Firmware versions below:

M600: V1.00.01.20
LB2: 1.16

Ronin MX
GCU: 1.5
RSS: 1.4

2017-7-24
Use props
fansf876da95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51604 ft
Indonesia

Dear support DJI, please re-upload version 1.3 for remote start / stop firmware, i will downgrade to that version, ASAP ...
2017-7-26
Use props
reednolan
lvl.2
United States

After waiting for months for DJI to release a firmware update that solves the Sony start/stop issue the brand new update still doesn't solve the problem. I just updated my M600: V1.00.01.20, Ronin-MX: GCU V1.5,  and Remote start/stop: V1.4. But the LB2 remote still will not trigger video record or shutter. I know everything is set up correctly because the Ronin-MX remote will trigger both video and shutter. It's a huge inconvience to use a sperate remote (Ronin-MX remote) for video recording and shutter control, and my LB2 remote has not operated as advertized for months. In a previous post I asked DJI to take thier firmware updates more serious; maybe next time.

2017-7-26
Use props
fansf876da95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51604 ft
Indonesia

I know dji support will release the latest update to fix this problem, but I suggest support dji give firmware before this problematic version, because with previous version LB2 for remote start / stop running well, so we can use it ...
2017-7-26
Use props
fansf17b460a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 492799 ft
United States

What app are you using to see firmware for the RSS? I am not seeing the RSS show up in DJI Go, Gimbal Assistant 2.4, or DJI Assistant 2. I'm wondering if I have a bad RSS. I've tried connecting the RSS to the Ronin MX via the provided CAN cable that came with the RSS as well as directly to the A3 system via the CAN cable I connect the Ronnin MX to the M600P. Neither show RSS in firmware or anywhere really. Is there a quick and easy way to see if the RSS is communicating properly.

Also not seeing shutter control in the Ronin Thumb Controler menu which the Gimbal assistant upgraded to v1.2 but the remote shows 1v.0 in the about page. They need better handling of their software.
Even with all this confusion, the shutter button on the M600P controller DOES work. Why doesn't the thumb controller see the RSS? Realy want to use the thumb controller instead of trying to reach the button. I can't find it but I read that there was an option in the settings menu on the thumb controller to enable camera control(RSS). But I don't see it in my controller on v1.2

2017-8-4
Use props
reednolan
lvl.2
United States

Looks like DJI has a fix for the Remote Start Stop. Reach out to DJI Technical Support if you're still having issues with your RSS.
It's been a really long time since I could properly use my LB2 remote. I'm happy that everything is working but it's still frustrating knowing I lost 3 months of reliable operation. I wasted hours and hours trying to figure out what was wrong. My first instinct was the firmware caused the RSS failure and that turned out to be correct.  I'm happy that DJI is putting out firmware to better improve their flying platforms but the updates have been terribly handled. Please take more care with future firmware.

2017-8-10
Use props
kristian 74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 622388 ft

Germany

reednolan Posted at 2017-8-10 08:12
Looks like DJI has a fix for the Remote Start Stop. Reach out to DJI Technical Support if you're still having issues with your RSS.
It's been a really long time since I could properly use my LB2 remote. I'm happy that everything is working but it's still frustrating knowing I lost 3 months of reliable operation. I wasted hours and hours trying to figure out what was wrong. My first instinct was the firmware caused the RSS failure and that turned out to be correct.  I'm happy that DJI is putting out firmware to better improve their flying platforms but the updates have been terribly handled. Please take more care with future firmware.

Hi,  can you tell ne how they fixed the Problem ?
Wich Firmware did i have to use on the Ronin MX? I use a Sony Alpha 7 II R and have the same problems as described by the others.

Greetings

Kristian
2017-8-14
Use props
reednolan
lvl.2
United States

It's a firmware issue. Reach out to tech support. They can email you a step by step process on how to resolve the RSS problem.
2017-8-15
Use props
Randolphin
lvl.2
Australia

I contacted support about this a couple of months ago and they told me to downgrade the GCU, I recently upgraded everything and had to downgrade the GCU again to get the rss to work, is this what you did?
2017-8-15
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

Randolphin Posted at 2017-8-15 16:24
I contacted support about this a couple of months ago and they told me to downgrade the GCU, I recently upgraded everything and had to downgrade the GCU again to get the rss to work, is this what you did?

Took me some time to make it work but now I have full control over my panasonic GH4 (M600 pro + Ronin MX) with this device : https://www.1shot.shop/intelli-g-long-range-v2.html
Shutter, aperture, WB, focus, zoom... you name it, I got it.
No, I'm not being paid for this. Just saying
2017-8-20
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

Took me some time to make it work but now I have full control over my panasonic GH4 (M600 pro + Ronin MX) with this device : https://www.1shot.shop/intelli-g-long-range-v2.html Shutter, aperture, WB, focus, zoom... you name it, I got it. No, I'm not being paid for this. Just saying
2017-8-20
Use props
llcr3ll
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
Australia

does anyone have nay more info on this trigger issue I'm having the exact same issue and Rise Above in Australia the distributor doesn't have an answer and I'm not hearing back from Support any help at all would be appreciated?

2017-8-27
Use props
timkkkk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122162 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Kover Posted at 2017-8-20 01:12
Took me some time to make it work but now I have full control over my panasonic GH4 (M600 pro + Ronin MX) with this device : https://www.1shot.shop/intelli-g-long-range-v2.html
Shutter, aperture, WB, focus, zoom... you name it, I got it.
No, I'm not being paid for this. Just saying

Will this also trigger when using GS pro mapping?
2017-10-1
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

timkkkk Posted at 2017-10-1 05:48
Will this also trigger when using GS pro mapping?

Yes I did that but sometimes the GSP app just stopped and I had to go back to the previous point to be able to continue. Don't know if that's caused by Intelli-g or if it's just the app.
Also you can NOT trigger taking pictures with intervals for mapping. In that case it just starts filming when you push the shutter-button (they say they are working on it). So you have to take every picture manually every time the drone stops. Not ideal.
GS Pro does work with the GH5 and the DJI RSS :
2017-10-2
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Kover Posted at 2017-8-20 01:20
Took me some time to make it work but now I have full control over my panasonic GH4 (M600 pro + Ronin MX) with this device : https://www.1shot.shop/intelli-g-long-range-v2.html Shutter, aperture, WB, focus, zoom... you name it, I got it. No, I'm not being paid for this. Just saying

How difficult was the integration, looks like basic cable connections and mapping in the SDK expansion kit section of assistant 2? any idea if this will work with the zenmuse 5D and an EOS DSLR Mark IV
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-10-2 05:30
How difficult was the integration, looks like basic cable connections and mapping in the SDK expansion kit section of assistant 2? any idea if this will work with the zenmuse 5D and an EOS DSLR Mark IV

Integration should not be too difficult provided on the compatibility of the units.
2017-10-2
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

Don't know about Canon-camera's. It's not on their compatibility-chart nor in their YT-videos (links below). I'd send a mail and ask, they helped me a lot by mail.
There's a cable going from the A3 to the intelli-g-device which in turn communicates with the camera via wifi. There also is a seperate power-connection (power coming from the M600). Both cables have to be bought seperately on their website.
You do have to change settings in the SDK-section of Assistant 2, explained in one of their YT-videos as well. Every time you update DJI-firmware, you have to change those SDK-settings again or intelli-g doesn't work anymore (took me some time to figure that out).
The channel-mapping is done via their intelli-g-app, not in the DJI-app.
Because I don't want to give up the SDI-connection on the RC, I don't have the DJI-expansion-kit if that's what you mean (and that is also why I installed intelli-g). So I don't know how that works.

https://intelli-g.com/features
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYfOcU2whhpVaCPQT31kN6A/videos

Good luck.
2017-10-3
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

P.S. : Just found this on their site :
In future releases we plan to add support for:
•        Sony FS5
•        Canon cameras with built in WiFi
•        Red cameras with built in WiFi
•        ARRI cameras with built in WiFi
•        any relevant camera that has WiFi remote control capabilities

In future releases we plan to add extended support for:
•        Sony FS7
•        Canon cameras with LANC capabilities
•        Other professional cameras with extended LANC capabilities

There's also this thread : https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=103345

2017-10-3
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
United States

Kover Posted at 2017-10-3 02:55
•        Sony FS5

Thanks for that, I did see that it (canon dslr) was not on their compatibility list which is why I originally asked. But now that I know they're working on it, I hope to see it being integrated in the future
2017-10-4
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
United States

Kover Posted at 2017-10-3 02:55
•        Sony FS5

while im thinking about it, if you want to check something else out thats useful for us and probably the community check this out:

https://www.1shot.shop/rtk-addon-licence-cbl.html

we're interested in the integration of this "add-on" which i assume is mostly software, but it has a lot of potential for geotagging images with high precision information. time offset is still questionable due to variations between when the shutter command is sent and the actual picture being taken, but im curious nonetheless.
2017-10-4
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-10-4 08:22
while im thinking about it, if you want to check something else out thats useful for us and probably the community check this out:

https://www.1shot.shop/rtk-addon-licence-cbl.html

First time I see this, so can't say much about it. And since it's out of stock...
You should know I don't work for these guys. You could always mail them.

Cheers
2017-10-5
Use props
Kover
lvl.3
Belgium

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-10-4 06:13
Thanks for that, I did see that it (canon dslr) was not on their compatibility list which is why I originally asked. But now that I know they're working on it, I hope to see it being integrated in the future

Canon with intelli-g?https://www.1shot.shop/other-accesories.html

2017-12-22
Use props
HyperSpectral
lvl.4
United States

Kover Posted at 2017-12-22 09:28
Canon with intelli-g?https://www.1shot.shop/other-accesories.html
[view_image]

My understanding is that theres no wireless support. A wired system doesn't really help, we can make an arduino do that ourselves.
2017-12-27
Use props
tanermutlu.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 422385 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

After update my rss sony died, no trigger anymore.
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules