Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Just a little disappointed....
864 4 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gary.connoley.e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I admit I believed the hype! the glossy website and the fantastic visuals. So I purchased the latest Phantom 2 V3, then a H3-3D gimbal for my gopro.
On its own the Phantom 2 flies very nicely and having flown helis for years, its very intuative and forgiving - thumbs up!

OK, lets get a gimbal for my gopro and hook that up. Seems easy enough having built helis from kits, it should be a doddle.
All connected, gimbal and gopro nicely centred and stabilising on the carpet in the house. Lets try outside, hang on a minute? the H3-3D retaining bracket touches the ground and scrapes during the initialisation! Nowhere was that mentioned! Maybe I need longer legs! Hold on though, the V3 has the compass moulded in one of the legs, meaning more cost and removing the cover of the copter!
How did they produce a quadcopter advertised flying a gopro with this blazingly obvious problem!?
More fiddling ensues.....

So now the gimbal moves continually whist on the ground, makes a grinding and clicking noise, wont centre. Great! did I break it somehow? I never forced it or powered up without the gopro on it!? Not crashed or fallen over - So HOW?

Lots of useful help in the forum and youtube.  Upgrade the firmware they say, reset and reload the GCU they say - DONE! The difference - NONE!!

I brought the Phamtom to fly and have fun but not to be knee-deep in manuals, forum posts and youtube videos trying to undertstand whats wrong.

I am a little disappointed....it should be a lot better for the £800 spent so far

2015-1-28
Use props
motnahp
lvl.1

Australia

Mine ok. you dun somthing wrong i think
2015-1-28
Use props
motnahp
lvl.1

Australia

hav u trid calibrate
2015-1-28
Use props
gary.connoley.e
lvl.1

United Kingdom

yeah i think so - I have been in the assistant, played with the gimbal gains, calibrated the controller, reloaded the firmware for all the upgradeable boards to the latest.
2015-1-28
Use props
motnahp
lvl.1

Australia

gary.connoley.e Posted at 2015-1-28 16:22
yeah i think so - I have been in the assistant, played with the gimbal gains, calibrated the contr ...

Yes i not happy first phantom crashed now have second one DJI not refund
2015-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules