Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
S900 ronin-mx
2155 3 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o

Norway

Hi
Have a dji s900 gh4 wich we have only had in the air some few times because of many problems with the gimbal (have owned it from the release). Now i saw the matrice 600 with ronin mx was out I dont want to switch from s900 to matrice because of the high costs ( i have to earn some money of the s900 first) Is it possible to use the ronin mx on the s900 ?
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

You may run into a mounting issue, however, it can be feasible to connect a Ronin MX to a standalone A3 system with Lightbridge 2.
2016-8-16
Use props
Huddscudd
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-16 15:51
You may run into a mounting issue, however, it can be feasible to connect a Ronin MX to a standalone A3 system with Lightbridge 2.

Greetings, I am in a similar situation.  The million dollar question; Will there be support for spreadwings and the ronin x.  I am still trying to get my Z15 gh4 combo working, (bad gimbal), in the process I had a intermittent short in one of the motors which caused a crash with my s900.  I believe a total motor failure would have been better than what I had, (when dead motor came back to life it caused a usual attitude which led to a rather hard prang.)  After wresting the s900 down with 5 1/2  motors, I think I will take my chances with the s1000+ and upgrade.  Not that motors fail very often, (usually exposed esc wire that has had its insulation removed.) s900 is fairly wild on less than 6 motors, same as all hexcopters.

In summary, my s900 A2, LB2 system is barely older than 6 months and I am not sure if I want to bail on wings series as I already am invested in the spreadwing ecosystem.  

I expect DJI to keep the spreadwing series relevant!  
2016-12-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Huddscudd Posted at 2016-12-8 23:56
Greetings, I am in a similar situation.  The million dollar question; Will there be support for spreadwings and the ronin x.  I am still trying to get my Z15 gh4 combo working, (bad gimbal), in the process I had a intermittent short in one of the motors which caused a crash with my s900.  I believe a total motor failure would have been better than what I had, (when dead motor came back to life it caused a usual attitude which led to a rather hard prang.)  After wresting the s900 down with 5 1/2  motors, I think I will take my chances with the s1000+ and upgrade.  Not that motors fail very often, (usually exposed esc wire that has had its insulation removed.) s900 is fairly wild on less than 6 motors, same as all hexcopters.

In summary, my s900 A2, LB2 system is barely older than 6 months and I am not sure if I want to bail on wings series as I already am invested in the spreadwing ecosystem.  

The Spreading Wings airframe is still a viable product, so there would still be support. The MX mount that comes with the M600 is similar to a universal mount for Ronin products in general, there are no real installation issues as far as cabling is concerned. The part that Support centers can't help with is with modifying the MX mount to work on other aircrafts, or making a mount out of the univeral one from the DJI Store. Most other operational errors such as gimbal drift, FPV etc. can still be troubleshooted the same way as if it was on a M600, though the question on the stability of the said 'makeshift' mount would have to be questioned.

Hope this helps.
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules