Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wont regain link after connection lost?
1173 12 2016-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mariuss
First Officer
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

After todays flight something weird happend, and it has happend before. After a long distance flight i started to get glitchy fpv's and suddenly lost feed. I then got the option of return to home as expected; i cancelled it. After some seconds more, the "No signal" shows up and lost fpv completely, even tho i went closer to homepoint. Full controll of aircraft and lucky to have orientation heading home! Hoping for the fpv feed to drop in again but flew the whole trip back home purely on remote and LOS no problem. I actually had to restart the whole system for it to regain link, any ideas why it didnt re-establish as soon as in range?
2016-8-16
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what Phantom model you have and what mobile device? Did you notice this after a firmware update or long term storage? What firmware are you currently on?
2016-8-16
Use props
wmcvey
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

I have a P3S and never had this happen to me until once about a week ago. The video downlink would always come back at some point on the return trip home. But that time last week I wasn't near to much wifi interference, just a few homes to my right. And my flight was not in that direction, I was flying over some open fields and farm lands that had a few farm homes that's all. At about 800m I lost the downlink feed and RC signal and it started to do the RTH via failsafe. Once I had the RC relinked back up I canceled the RTH and flew the rest of the way by controller, all the way back to my feet and the whole time NO video feed on FPV.
2016-8-16
Use props
engimer0
lvl.1

United States

I had this same issue and posted about it a week ago or so. Using the DJI app and latest firmware, the video feed dropped and never returned. Very scary bug!
2016-8-16
Use props
MD_Icarus
Second Officer
United States

engimer0@studen Posted at 2016-8-16 21:42
I had this same issue and posted about it a week ago or so. Using the DJI app and latest firmware, t ...

Did you fly the P4?
2016-8-16
Use props
Mariuss
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 01:03
Could you clarify what Phantom model you have and what mobile device? Did you notice this after a fi ...

Sorry forgot! Phantom 3 4k with sony xperia z3. This has only happend 2 times so far and have no reference to how standings was pre firmware update as it's not that old. Am on latest 4K update. Havent tried to downgrade yet. No long time storage.
2016-8-17
Use props
Mariuss
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

wmcvey Posted at 2016-8-17 03:11
I have a P3S and never had this happen to me until once about a week ago. The video downlink would a ...

Same thing here with a some more houses so i guess that was a factor. Should be added that i had RC controls all the time, no fpv.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2016-8-17 18:39
Sorry forgot! Phantom 3 4k with sony xperia z3. This has only happend 2 times so far and have no r ...

If you're flying in a residential neighborhood, you could be incurring signal interference from the other in home WiFis in the vacinity. Do you notice if it happens at a particular distance or is it random? At this time, there is unfortunately no downgrade option for the P3 4K.
2016-8-17
Use props
Mariuss
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-17 17:53
If you're flying in a residential neighborhood, you could be incurring signal interference from th ...

Hi again Jamie! No specific distance, have flewn 550m at with full signal and no sign of loosing it before. Didnt dare to go further really. That flight was on a beach with closest house at 120m away. The one here was from a open space into a residential area with loads of wifi's so i guess thats a case closed. Did a flight last week where i flew 20m straight above controller with correct antenna orientation (ref: antenna tutorial). Lost signal and landed it with only rc as app had no signal. I doesnt like to be right on top of the controller i guess. Or maybe there is a glitch i dont know.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2016-8-18 05:15
Hi again Jamie! No specific distance, have flewn 550m at with full signal and no sign of loosing i ...

Going directly up can be a tad tricky, but your overall distance from the home point should still be stable. Did you happen to notice this after a firmware update or has this been an intermittent problem?
2016-8-17
Use props
Mariuss
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-18 00:37
Going directly up can be a tad tricky, but your overall distance from the home point should still b ...

I havent had it that long to experience the previous update so no
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Mariuss Posted at 2016-8-18 15:51
I havent had it that long to experience the previous update so no

Just so I'm visually on the same page, does the signal lost happen when you are far out from the home point or would it occur while you were close by?  Do you recall how long into the flight would you be when this happens?
2016-8-18
Use props
Mariuss
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-18 18:16
Just so I'm visually on the same page, does the signal lost happen when you are far out from the h ...

the one with 20m above i think is just an antenna mistake by me so lets forget that one. Yes i was about 390m away from homepoint and well into residential area. This happend about 15min into flight. As soon as i got glitches i stopped and turnt towards home again and landed safely. I asked the forum in a previous post whether the drone has poorer signal tx/rx when facing controller, far away from homepoint. I got the answer no, but certainly didnt help when i got 4m going home bound before the signal went black on this particular flight.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules