Picture quality vs Video quality P3S
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384406 ft
Sweden

So here it goes.

My pictures taken with a Phantom 3 Standrad seems awfully blurry but when I record video its crystal sharp. Also when I switch between photo and video the same happens in my DJI GO app blurry when in photo mode, crystalsharp when in video. Really Strange, Doesnt matter if I use a Nvidia shield or a Ipad Air.

Is it me or is it suppose to be like this.

2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Larsaunitz, could you please upload some original DNG files to dropbox and post the link here? It is normal that the recording live feed is clearer than the photographing live feed.
2016-8-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yes it is. The image you see on your tablet is meant to be used to frame the shot and set up exposure etc, it is not meant to be used for any other purpose. As a result of that, the images are significantly lower in quality to those which are recorded on the SD card, because the SD card is where the real images are stored. The ability of your tablet to handle the images is also an issue, and the Go App is trying to make them compatible with many types of display.
2016-8-17
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-18 05:48
Hello Larsaunitz, could you please upload some original DNG files to dropbox and post the link here? ...

I will upload a photo so you can see what I mean. Will do it later today.
2016-8-17
Use props
Larsaunitz
lvl.2
Sweden

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-18 05:58
Yes it is. The image you see on your tablet is meant to be used to frame the shot and set up exposur ...

I know the resolution is just a preview in the DJI GO app, but what I dont understand is why the preview image when selected photo is blurry in the tablet, I would be completely happy with the same blurry image in video mode as well as its only a preview. I think this the photos also gets blurry i the SD card but video stays sharp.
2016-8-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Larsaunitz Posted at 2016-8-18 15:40
I know the resolution is just a preview in the DJI GO app, but what I dont understand is why the p ...

This is not a new issue, it has been around for some time. The problem is the Go App has to scale two completely different frames and make it display on your device. And the problem there is that the native resolution of your device probably does not match either the still photo (4000 x 3000 pixels) of the video (1280 x 720 pixels).

The image on the SD card is not affected at all, and will be full sharpness, or at least as sharp as you select in settings.

Think of the Go App view being a viewfinder, because the viewfinder screen on even the most expensive DSLRs is not that sharp either, especially in video mode.

2016-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules