Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera not facing forward points slightly to the left??
6515 31 2016-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PommyDownUnder
lvl.2

Australia

Hi Guys,
Is there a way of resetting the camera so that it faces forward, it is at a slight angle to the left, Its been like this since i bought it but I just put up with it,
the trouble comes when your trying to fly in a strait line say down a road and it just wonders off becase the camera is faceing where i want to go, but the Drone isn't.
HELP!! Please anyone. Thanks Glyn.

2016-8-17
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

HI

have you tried a gimbal calibration ? should sort any issues with camera.
2016-8-17
Use props
PommyDownUnder
lvl.2

Australia

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-18 08:09
HI

have you tried a gimbal calibration ? should sort any issues with camera.

Yes, I tried the gimbal calibration a couple of times, but still the same :-(
2016-8-17
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

PommyDownUnder Posted at 2016-8-18 02:57
Yes, I tried the gimbal calibration a couple of times, but still the same :-(

OK try the imu calibration then the gimbal calibration straight after
2016-8-17
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

It likely won't help.  There are several of us with "left facing cameras".  Trying to re-aim the arm to make up for it is difficult because of the flat side of the shaft, but it does help.  Still working on mine.
2016-8-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello PommyDownUnder, which drone do you use? Do the IMU and gimbal calibration help?
2016-8-17
Use props
PommyDownUnder
lvl.2

Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-8-18 12:57
It likely won't help.  There are several of us with "left facing cameras".  Trying to re-aim the arm ...

Thanks, I will have to put my thinking cap on, it is very annoying, once you realize what the problem is.
2016-8-18
Use props
PommyDownUnder
lvl.2

Australia

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-18 12:34
OK try the imu calibration then the gimbal calibration straight after

Thanks, I will give it a go and see if that works, fingers Crossed.
2016-8-18
Use props
PommyDownUnder
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-18 13:56
Hello PommyDownUnder, which drone do you use? Do the IMU and gimbal calibration help?

Thanks for your advice, I will give that a go, I will report back here after I have done it. Oh PH3 pro
2016-8-18
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71778 ft
Russia

PommyDownUnder Posted at 2016-8-18 16:14
Thanks for your advice, I will give that a go, I will report back here after I have done it. Oh PH3 ...

Have the same problem but camera looks a little to the right
2016-8-18
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.3
Russia

Thanks for your advice, I will give that a go, I will report back here after I have done it. Oh PH3 ...

Have the same problem but camera looks a little to the right
2016-8-18
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.3
Russia

Have the same but camera looks a little bit right
2016-8-18
Use props
n.shtykov
lvl.3
Russia

Just tried I use calibration and straight after that gimbal calibration... I think this hepl, well now I can't see that camera looks right, maybe 1-2 degrees
2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United States

PommyDownUnder Posted at 2016-8-18 04:14

no problem, let me know how you get on,if it doesn't work we can look into other possible soloutions
2016-8-18
Use props
maxxyz
New

Russia

Hello! There is a problem with the camera gimbal on my quadcopter Phantom 3 Advanced. This is not a problem of the horizon. If you look on top of the quadcopter, you can see that the camera is turned to the left at an angle of about 5-10 degrees. This makes it difficult to make a video. I can send a photo of this problem. Question: Is it permissible deviation of the camera? If so, at what angle? And if not, how to solve a problem. P.S.: The quadcopter is not crashes! All calibrations were made according to the instructions!!!

Gimbal problem

Gimbal problem
2016-8-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

PommyDownUnder Posted at 2016-8-18 03:11
Thanks, I will have to put my thinking cap on, it is very annoying, once you realize what the prob ...

Yes it is, especially when you try to FPV "straight ahead".  Also, notice that the left front arm dips into the image on some stops, etc.
2016-8-18
Use props
PommyDownUnder
lvl.2

Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-18 13:56

Hi, I did the IMU and then the Gimbal Calibration and its still the same, another chap has put a picture on this tread, mine is the same as that one.
2016-8-18
Use props
PommyDownUnder
lvl.2

Australia

maxxyz Posted at 2016-8-19 00:09
Hello! There is a problem with the camera gimbal on my quadcopter Phantom 3 Advanced. This is not a  ...

I feel for you mate mine is exactly the same as yours
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

PommyDownUnder Posted at 2016-8-19 13:17
Hi, I did the IMU and then the Gimbal Calibration and its still the same, another chap has put a p ...

Which drone are you using,  P3 or P4?
2016-8-18
Use props
maxxyz
New

Russia

maxxyz Posted at 2016-8-18 22:09
Hello! There is a problem with the camera gimbal on my quadcopter Phantom 3 Advanced. This is not a  ...

DJI-Paladin can you tell me about this, please?
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

maxxyz Posted at 2016-8-20 14:44

If IMU calibration and gimbal calibration don't help,please contact support@dji.com and send it in.
2016-8-19
Use props
PommyDownUnder
lvl.2

Australia

maxxyz Posted at 2016-8-20 16:44

I've heard a lot of scary stories of people sending there drone in to be repaired, not only does it take many weeks before you see it again, I keep seeing that they have come back and they have still not fixed the issue, or have even more problems??
I think I will find my own solution even if i have to modify the shaft where the camera rotates.
You would think there would be a setting in the app like the one that adjusts the Horizon???????????????
That would be too simple lol. Good luck everyone with this issue.
2016-8-20
Use props
maxxyz
New

Russia

PommyDownUnder Posted at 2016-8-21 06:34
I've heard a lot of scary stories of people sending there drone in to be repaired, not only does i ...

Thanks a lot )))
2016-8-21
Use props
garylok
New
Flight distance : 27690 ft
Australia

I have the P4 and only recently my camera is facing slightly left (horizontally, same as the photo posted earlier in the thread). I have already tried to calibrate IMU and then the gimbal but still facing left.

As soon as i turn the drone off, the camera drops and lands straight but cant set it so it looks forward.

Can I get some help on this one please?
2017-3-11
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft
United States

There are many folks having this issue and just live with it, which is not right.  DJI should be able to create a setting for this but choose not to for whatever reason.   See this post from last year, it talks about how and why the problem exist and also a solution.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D369%26typeid%3D369
2017-3-13
Use props
FlyingCircles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 76309 ft
United States

We should keep this post active so DJI can see how many have the same problem.
2017-3-15
Use props
hughh
New
United Kingdom

Yes I have this same problem with Inspire 1. Any solutions DJI?
2017-4-10
Use props
aalex
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13845 ft
Ireland

Same problem camera looking to the left P3P.
2017-6-26
Use props
TCDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710732 ft
France

Hey guys. Yeah I've got the same problem on my P3A.  Mine points slightly to the left also.  I thought mine was,due to a crash I had but apparently not.  Any help on this,issue from DJI?????????????
2017-6-26
Use props
ahooper84
New
Flight distance : 192201 ft
United States

Same here. 1 week old Phantom 3 Standard.
2017-7-14
Use props
Blakejohnsoncsr
New
United States

I'm having the same issue with my P4Pro..... This is super frustrating.  I truly feel that my P3Pro was a more stable bird to be honest.  Video quality is amazing on the P4Pro but i don't feel like I'm in control while flying, feels like I'm drifting out to the right and back to the left.  Queue the DJI support person.  Hi Blake please try calibrating the IMU and compass.  Then try calibrating the gimbal.  Hoping for your cooperation and understanding....  
2017-9-27
Use props
fansa0c5e2e3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82956 ft
United States

I also have this problem pointing left of center. Is there an older app or firmware that has Gimbal Yaw adjustments?
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules