Litchi forum interest?
2463 35 2016-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thomas.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81132 ft

Hi all,

Is there a general interest in a Litchi forum just for the app? I might be willing to prepare one if there is enough interest.

Greetings
2016-8-18
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

There are many threads on diferent forums about Litchi app, with videos and all, not sure if they have, or need a forum, but I would browse it. I am still on the fence about purchasing it
2016-8-18
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I would think a dedicated thread here would suffice.  I'm not a new pilot but I am new to the P4 and the Litchi app.  So far I am loving the way both work.  I'll add that by tomorrow sometime I should be able to test the BlitzWolf headset and the Litchi FPV function.  Pretty excited to see how that works compared to my normal goggles and FPV.
2016-8-18
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

For what they charge, let them do it.
2016-8-18
Use props
captirwin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5568 ft
United States

I'd be a participant...
2016-8-18
Use props
kevin77
New

Canada

I would find a dedicated Litchi forum useful!
2016-8-18
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I recommend Litchi for longer flights and if you plan to fly stealthy!

Plus, since I have very glitchy video on my iphone 6, Litchi missions do not really require that you look at the screen anyway.  The missions are in the P4 memory. And even if you get the Disconnected message, be brave and let it continue on.  Even when the Disconected does not go away (recent P4 glitch reported and experienced first hand), litchi mission still works. I actally had a field test during which the Disconnected stayed on, and litci completed the mission.
So the only consideration with Litchi is wind and battery to make sure the mission will complete.
2016-8-18
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I run a Drone forum (small) and would be glad to dedicate a forum section to Litchi assuming one (the OP or another) person wants to populate it and maybe mod it.

My specialty is curation of good information so it's right up my alley. We could then even do some "best of" "best answers", etc.

2016-8-18
Use props
Jan Jensen
lvl.3
Denmark

sounds like a very good idea .. I would definitely like to participate
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I understand many users use the Litchi app for DJI products and DJI does not support the Litchi app.
So starting a thread here is probably not the right place.
There are several other forums that have would give you way more information on an app we don't support.
2016-8-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I would be interested
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

What am curious is that why the app developer themselves didn't start a forum for their own app?   It's becoming standard practice now.
2016-8-19
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-19 12:17
What am curious is that why the app developer themselves didn't start a forum for their own app?   I ...

I fully agree, especially given the fact that it costs 20$/€, and it has been around for a while.
No excuse if you ask me, it s standard nowadays.

Anyone from Litchi reading this whatsup??
2016-8-19
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

There is a google litchi app forum.

Plus when you email them, you get a reply in 24 hours.  And when you make suggestions for improvement, they actually implement them, fast.

They added the actual video channel when flying in Auto mode after our suggestion. We can now see that the P4 is not really changing channels in flight, as we thought.
I wish DJI can also add the channel in their logs for troubleshooting pusposes.  It would be nice to know which channel we were flyoing when we get disconnected in an area.

There should be a thread, or even an entire board dedicated to user suggestions.  It can only help improve the product.
2016-8-19
Use props
malvern
lvl.4
United Kingdom

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vctechplus
2016-8-19
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Appreciate the link.  I myself will associate any further discussion or interest regarding Litchi there, including the VR headset I hope to try today.

DJI-Ken, if GO simply had the equivalent way-point capability I probably would of never considered Litchi.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-19 23:28
Appreciate the link.  I myself will associate any further discussion or interest regarding Litchi th ...

The reason for having to fly then set waypoint is safety. I've seen many crashes because of an incorrect entered waypoint and the aircraft hit something before the user could react.
2016-8-19
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

I use Litchi most of the time, even with casual flying. I like the fact that you can configure it to regularly speak out your current altitude, distance, battery remaining, etc. So you can spend less time squinting to see the numbers on the screen and more time flying in VLOS.
2016-8-19
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

MicroFPV Posted at 2016-8-19 11:28
Appreciate the link.  I myself will associate any further discussion or interest regarding Litchi th ...

DJI Go actually used to have waypoint mission, like Ken said, because of security reasons, it later got the axe.   
2016-8-20
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator

OrlyP Posted at 2016-8-19 19:32
I use Litchi most of the time, even with casual flying. I like the fact that you can configure it to ...

That's a good idea actually, like the GPS in my car.
2016-8-20
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-20 00:22
The reason for having to fly then set waypoint is safety. I've seen many crashes because of an inc ...

If that ever happens, that will obviously fall under pilot error, hence, outside of the warranty coverage. It's the same thing like setting up DJI Go Orbit and the aircraft snags a tree branch while on autonomous flight.

I just hope DJI considers warranty on a case to case basis, and not put a blanket 'void warranty' for using 3rd party apps especially if there's no evidence to suggest that it's the app's fault (ie. ESC/motor failures, compass or other sensor faults, etc.)

2016-8-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

OrlyP Posted at 2016-8-21 11:27
If that ever happens, that will obviously fall under pilot error, hence, outside of the warranty co ...

You would send the aircraft in for evaluation and the data analysis would determine the outcome. If the aircraft is lost and you were not using the DJI GO app then nothing would be recorded into the GO app and regardless what happened it would not be covered under warranty.
2016-8-21
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Philippines

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-22 06:13
You would send the aircraft in for evaluation and the data analysis would determine the outcome. I ...

Understood. So the warranty will not cover lost aircraft when not using DJI Go. Thanks DJI-Ken for the clarification.
2016-8-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

OrlyP Posted at 2016-8-22 07:14
Understood. So the warranty will not cover lost aircraft when not using DJI Go. Thanks DJI-Ken for ...

Correct, because there's no data that could be read.
2016-8-21
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

So using Litchi can void your warranty under various circumstances, didn't know that,  good to know.
2016-8-31
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

But why doesn't the P4 keep it's flight data no matter what app we use?

How can you justify having a policy similar to:

We will not cover an auto accident if the transmission fell off the car, just because my friend was driving it?
2016-8-31
Use props
Paulonsp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5654984 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I disagree. I use the Litchi and have all flight records , after they get into the drone . The DJI GO not only read this data , but I send the information litchi and DJI GO Healthdrones the site and have all my flight log's there.
2016-8-31
Use props
killerkustums
lvl.1

United States

Subscribed
2016-9-1
Use props
jhopper9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381355 ft
United States

Absolutely, I'd join.
2016-9-1
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

There's an email list group, that's probably all you are going to see for Litchi.  Kind of a different way to gain and share the knowledge but you get used to it.  Plus when somebody posts you get an email notice as with most forums.  Maybe we can turn that on in settings here but I've not see it anywhere yet.  I just look in once in a while to see if there's anything new here.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vctechplus
2016-9-1
Use props
nagoyamex
lvl.1

Japan

DJI does not support a better APP, I could say Mr Ken (DJI) that China has been able to "copy" " clone" many ideas from the world " example of this DJI is not the inventor of camera even drones am I right?  In the other sidebars , Japan did  cooy , but improved all, why not DJI GO could become a better app? So simple. Copy or buy  Litchi!! But you nay apply Japanese culture to "improve" feather to copy.
2016-9-1
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-19 18:17
What am curious is that why the app developer themselves didn't start a forum for their own app?   I ...

They have a Facebook group that you can request access to.
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

MD_Icarus Posted at 2016-9-1 03:45
But why doesn't the P4 keep it's flight data no matter what app we use?

How can you justify having ...

Because the flight data Litchi stores is sometimes different from the log saved in DJI Go app in terms of data, so DJI technician can't read them.

I don't know the details behind it, maybe DJI  doesn't require all the developers using its SDK to save the flight log in the same format?
2016-9-2
Use props
Mudge
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10820 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-2 17:32
Because the flight data Litchi stores is sometimes different from the log saved in DJI Go app in t ...

It seems that you're assuming you can recover the drone. If it's lost then the data goes with it. At least that's mu understanding.
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Mudge Posted at 2016-9-2 22:41
It seems that you're assuming you can recover the drone. If it's lost then the data goes with it.  ...

If the drone can be recovered, then the data in the drone is normally enough for analysis, no matter you're using Litchi or DJI Go or no App at all.
2016-9-2
Use props
Thomas.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81132 ft

Hi all,

I just prepared a first version of my new forum for Litchi and similar apps. Please have a look and let me know what you think. Any changes and extensions are very  welcome! http://forum.flyingapps.info
2016-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules