Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobhyslop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182379 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all,
I have a phantom 3 advanced.
Updated firmware and go app 2 days ago to latest with no problems.
First flight after updates all good.
Flew  yesterday for 16 mins then had  (in very quick succession) 'compass error' followed by 'no signal' then app locked up completely.
Landed straight away (lucky close by as battery getting low).

Could this be a firmware , go app or battery issue that caused this? (Battery not quite to 30%).

I was flying from top of cliff over sea so glad this happened when close to me.
I was intending to go back to the same place tonight but until I get this sorted bit nervous of that kind of flight.

Any help appreciated
2016-8-18
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I know there have been many comments regarding firmware causing issues. I also have a P3A and have always update with the latest firmware every time , without any issues with any of them. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I don't think it is your firmware. Maybe be sure you have calibrated at the site you are flying at to ensure you have a good start. I don't calibrate mine every time , but if this is a new location for you it might be worth doing. Maybe it would be wise to re-calibrate the IMU for some insurance. Just some opinions. Have you ever had issues with your tablet/I-pad or whatever you are using? I use a Nvidia Sheild tablet, and I have never had it lock up. Been using it for almost a year and I fly at least twice a week.
Good luck to you!
2016-8-18
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

hi

There as been many reports with issues with the latest 1.9.60 fw update, issues with video transmission lag,signal loss/ac disconnecting etc. I  had to downgrade the fw to 1.8.80 from 1.9.60 although did work for me/others but did not for others also, it seems it very hit and miss as to which solution works for each pilot.

I advise to search on this forum for fw 1.9.60 and you will see many reports and the issues/solutions we have been experiencing since updating to 1.9.60.

Also having read your post I do not advise flying/and over a cliff top with 30% battery, i myself always fly with full battery and aircraft and RC. Also make sure you do a compass calibration before flying, even if its the same place as you always fly/prevously flown,Can not stress how important it is.

Regards
2016-8-18
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-8-18 10:12
hi

There as been many reports with issues with the latest 1.9.60 fw update, issues with video trans ...

I agree with TechReviews about the battery issue. I would never attempt that with anything less than a battery fully charged. You're really asking for trouble in my opinion by doing that. I see the other comments also with issues with V1.9. I am in the US and maybe has something to do with it, don't know, but like I already said I haven't had those problems. I feel for those who do though. Has to be frustrating for all of you.
2016-8-18
Use props
bobhyslop
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cheers for response guys.
One thing, I ALWAYS take off with a fully charged battery.
This occurred whilst hovering a couple of feet up in front of me as bringing battery level down for recharge.
I've not had any problems with p3a, firmware or app updates since I purchased in December, this is first issue.
I haven't done a imu cal but will before go out again.
Always cal compass & check sensor mods before flight they were all good (inc compass which was around the 13 mark).
2016-8-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is your email you login with and I will look at the flight to see if I see anything unusual.
2016-8-18
Use props
bobhyslop
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Cheers Ken, email is
bobhyslop@gmail.com

I flew again this evening only had one problem.
I got a red notification that upgrades were required.
When I checked it was saying I needed to upgrade rc firmware.
Has there been another fw update in the last couple of days?
Oh and another thing I noticed today was that I am not getting top frame rates in all video settings 2.7 max 25, 1080 max 50 & 720 max 50.
What's happened there?
2016-8-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bobhyslop Posted at 2016-8-18 23:55
Cheers Ken, email is
bobhyslop@gmail.com

It's probably good working practice to do all calibrations after a firmware update. Also it will reset some of the settings you have made in the menus. Check that the video is set to NTSC as opposed to PAL, that will probably be the cause of the reduced frame rates you're seeing.
2016-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules