Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600+Ronin MX shaking problem
1129 12 2016-8-21 07:04:22
allstar
Beginner
Taiwan

I`m very sure setting of MX is perfect, balancing test shows "Excellent" , but the image is shaking when it fly with M600.
It looks like the shock mount isn`t working, dose anyone has this issue?

2016-8-21 07:04:22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 34239
United States

Have you tried adjusting your stiffness? Are all the components up to date with the latest firmware? Can you clarify what camera you are using with this set up?
2016-8-21 13:16:16
Use props
allstar
Beginner
Taiwan

Hi,
Thanks for reply,
I tested again today, reset up Ronin and did auto tune. frimware is the latest both on ronin and m600.  Camera is sony A7R2 with E mount lens, image stabilizer off.
The issue is as same as the last video:
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/ ... 5-b80f-3725dfe7005e
2016-8-22 05:50:52
Use props
Motti7
Hobbyist

I have the same issues. Not too happy with the MX on the M600. The MX seems to work fine on the ground but in the air I had better results with my old setup S1000 GH4. I am also using the Sony A7 R 2 with the Batis 18  mm. What's interesting is if I put a bigger camera on my MX like my Canon 5D Mark 3 it works much better. So I know it is a setup issues or the camera is just too light.
2016-8-25 19:03:21
Use props
Ali Osman KILIÇ
Beginner
Turkey

bende de Cardio sorun var.Video linkini ekliyorum.Sizce neden
2016-10-14 16:57:56
Use props
Pixel Sky 8
Beginner
Australia

Motti7 Posted at 2016-8-25 19:03
I have the same issues. Not too happy with the MX on the M600. The MX seems to work fine on the ground but in the air I had better results with my old setup S1000 GH4. I am also using the Sony A7 R 2 with the Batis 18  mm. What's interesting is if I put a bigger camera on my MX like my Canon 5D Mark 3 it works much better. So I know it is a setup issues or the camera is just too light.

Hi Motti7
You mentioned that you have used the 5D Mark iii on the Ronin-Matrice combination.
I have been struggling to get the same combination to record using the camera. I am using the RSS unit for Canon with DJI supplied cable for camera which has an infra-red end.

I have been struggling to get the same combination to record using the camera. I am using the RSS unit for Canon with DJI supplied cable for camera which has an infra-red end.

I am getting live footage to the remote but just cannot use the shutter or video recording using my remote control.  

Can you please help? If you can just guide me through the specific camera settings
Ken
2017-3-16 16:50:57
Use props
3x3q
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 248281
United States

This is basically a universal problem with the M600 and Ronin MX. I am running a Sony A7Sii and RED Weapon on the M600, and jello is the name of the game every time. Camera is perfectly balanced, outfilter setting increased a bit (which helps a little bit), but overall, there's not much you can do. The reason?

The stock DJI vibration damper is total garbage. I am having a custom damper made for the M600/Ronin MX specifically to deal with this issue. I will post back with results when I get it.

TL;DR: you're not alone, and it's likely the crap DJI damper.
2017-3-16 23:35:44
Use props
petercoxphoto
Beginner
Flight distance : 286456
  • >>>
Ireland

3x3q Posted at 2017-3-16 23:35
This is basically a universal problem with the M600 and Ronin MX. I am running a Sony A7Sii and RED Weapon on the M600, and jello is the name of the game every time. Camera is perfectly balanced, outfilter setting increased a bit (which helps a little bit), but overall, there's not much you can do. The reason?

The stock DJI vibration damper is total garbage. I am having a custom damper made for the M600/Ronin MX specifically to deal with this issue. I will post back with results when I get it.

Did you get this made and did it work? I'm having the same problems.

Thanks,
Peter
2017-4-22 00:43:59
Use props
P.R
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 227740
Austria

A improved damper helps alot, but doesn't get rid of the problem completely, if you add weight to the setup it should work better, when the camera and lens combo is too light vibrations are hard to get rid off.
2017-4-22 12:16:37
Use props
3x3q
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 248281
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-4-22 12:16
A improved damper helps alot, but doesn't get rid of the problem completely, if you add weight to the setup it should work better, when the camera and lens combo is too light vibrations are hard to get rid off.
[view_image]

Nice LEDs! How are you powering those?
2017-4-23 14:51:20
Use props
P.R
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 227740
Italy

3x3q Posted at 2017-4-23 14:51
Nice LEDs! How are you powering those?

That red "thing" on the top left is a 8.4V battery, they are actually just bike led's I got from Amazon. very simple setup the battery is fixed with some velcro, pretty light weight to,
It would even be possible to power them from the M600 but adding the parts to make that possible would not improve weight saving, that much.
I can see the light easily from over 500m during a sunny day.
2017-4-24 11:08:03
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Intern Pilot
Flight distance : 927942
  • >>>
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-4-24 11:08
That red "thing" on the top left is a 8.4V battery, they are actually just bike led's I got from Amazon. very simple setup the battery is fixed with some velcro, pretty light weight to,
It would even be possible to power them from the M600 but adding the parts to make that possible would not improve weight saving, that much.

Would it anger you if DJI started to advertise their M600 drone before they even had viable solutions for mounting Large Format Cameras?  As well,  would it anger you to find out DJI didn't shoot their own promotional video with a RoninMX gimbal??   I don't know what the truth is,  however if you look close at that video,  you may notice a few things…………
2017-5-3 19:42:53
Use props
Heir InVioLable
Intern Pilot
Flight distance : 927942
  • >>>
United States

P.R Posted at 2017-4-24 11:08

Would it anger you if DJI started to advertise their M600 drone before they even had viable solutions for mounting Large Format Cameras?  As well,  would it anger you to find out DJI didn't shoot their own promotional video with a RoninMX gimbal??   I don't know what the truth is,  however if you look close at that video,  you may notice a few things…………
2017-5-3 19:43:20
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next