Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Why does my Phantom 2 remote emit three beeps at start up?
4111 13 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zkasleepy1.yaho
New

United States

Hi everyone. Just learning my brand new toy and I keep getting confused. I have read about either hearing one or two beeps when powering on the remote to determine if it is in FCC mode. Mine has three beeps each time I turn it on. I am not sure why. Any thoughts?
I did update the firmware the other day to 1.0.2.26. Could that be why?

thanks,
Kent
2015-1-28
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

Three beeps when you turn on the remote controller means you have to charge the lipo battery in the controller with the usb cord.  Page 17 of the users manual.
2015-1-28
Use props
zkasleepy1.yaho
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-29 05:45
Three beeps when you turn on the remote controller means you have to charge the lipo battery in the  ...

Thanks, but it is fully charged. All four lights are solid green after powering on. Any other thoughts?
2015-1-28
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

zkasleepy1.yaho Posted at 2015-1-29 06:55
Thanks, but it is fully charged. All four lights are solid green after powering on. Any other thou ...

Refer to the owners manual.
2015-1-28
Use props
demarcheb.email
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi zkasleepy1.yaho,

My fully charged and firmware upgraded RC does also three beeps during power on. I have a Phantom 2, V3 2.4Ghz
I'm almost certain this is the normal behavior with those units.
2015-1-28
Use props
katokristof.ema
lvl.1

United States

I as well get three beeps at startup with new batteries, I think its the norm.
2015-1-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

P2V+ V 3.0
Pg. 17
1 beep is CE mode
2 beeps is FCC mode
3 beeps is "a la mode", seriously, three beeps is something else and I cannot find it anywhere in the manual.
2015-1-28
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

zkasleepy1.yaho Posted at 2015-1-29 06:55
Thanks, but it is fully charged. All four lights are solid green after powering on. Any other thou ...

Since you brought up the lights on the controller, I have a version 1 which does not have the lights or the camera wheel. I was under the impression that the 4 lights on the controller actuall displayed the power left in the phantoms battery (not the controllers).  Might I be mistaken? I know battery level is on the phone/tablet, but I just thought it'd be nice...  (yeah, yeah, that's what I get for thinkin')     Barney
2015-1-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Barney,
Lights on the RC are just for the RC, nothing to do with the Phantom.
2015-1-28
Use props
zkasleepy1.yaho
New

United States

Thank you all. I am going to assume that everything is okay then. It seems to be working fine, but I just got nervous about the extra beep. I think it just started after I updated the firmware the other day. I have the newer Phantom 2 RC and when I checked for updates and f ound one, I updated it not realizing until afterwards that it was for an A2 remote control. Not sure why it showed up on my Phantom assistant as an update for my controller.Maybe that is what caused it to do that. Thank you all for your imput.

Kent
2015-1-28
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine has done the three beeps since beginning life in my home.  
2015-1-29
Use props
michaelgulley.e
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Mine also does 3 beeps even after altering the CE/FCC pot underneath.
2015-1-30
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Support works very quick, almost one year and no answer.
2015-12-10
Use props
Lasernerd
lvl.1
United States

I am curious of this 3 beep also?
2017-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules