Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Pro won't record video or stills
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Royhicken
lvl.1

United States

I installed DJI Go 2.8.7 app on my iPhone SE.   Now it won't capture video or stills.  Nothing else has changed besides the Go app upgrade.
Symtops:
The craft flys perfectly.  Stable and responsive controls.  Lightbridge 2 reliable video feed.
When I try to take a picture or start recording, a graphic spins around the shutter button and the live feed goes black.  With in a few seconds the DJI logo appear in the center.
Eventually the live feed returns but all the settings have been reset, no crosshairs, no grid lines etc.

What I have tried:
Deleted the DJI Go 2.8.7 app and reinstalled - no change
Installed DJI Go app 2.8.7 on iPhone 6 (wife's) and iPad 2 (kid's) - no change
Formatted SD card via the DJI Go app, several times - no change
Purchased a new SD card, formatted (via DJI Go app) - no change
Updated P3P firmware to 1.9.6 - no change
"back up" the firmware to version 1.8.8 - no change
Updated firmware back to 1.9.6 - no change

Not sure what else to try.  Any thoughts?

2016-8-22
Use props
gg92260
lvl.1

Interestingly enough, I had the exact same camera issues a couple of weeks ago. After being told to try all the things you mention, I was finally told to send it in for repair to DJI.  I did so, and got it back today and that problem is now solved........But

- the camera will now not point straight ahead! It will only point to the left or right landing gear, no matter if I do a gimbal calibration, or IMU calibration. According to the repair ticket, they replaced the Mainboard and a Gimbal Pitch Axis Component. Did I mention that the bill for this service was $361.00, and I still can't use it!
see http://forum.dji.com/thread-60485-1-1.html
2016-8-22
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello Royhicken,I'd suggest you to replug these 2 cables and try again. If it doesn't help, please contact our US service center for diagnosis: 6pin和8pin线.JPG
DJI US.JPG
2016-8-23
Use props
Royhicken
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-8-23 17:20
Hello Royhicken,I'd suggest you to replug these 2 cables and try again. If it doesn't help, please  ...

So for clarity.  You are telling me to unplug then plug those to cable into the board.  I assume with the power turned off.  
2016-8-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Royhicken@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-24 09:21
So for clarity.  You are telling me to unplug then plug those to cable into the board.  I assume w ...

The term was 'replug', meaning unplug them and then plug them in again. And yes, do it with the power off.
2016-8-23
Use props
Royhicken
lvl.1

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-24 08:05
The term was 'replug', meaning unplug them and then plug them in again. And yes, do it with the po ...

Replugging those cables didn't help.

Looks like I'm going to have send it in for diagnosis.
2016-8-24
Use props
Royhicken
lvl.1

gg92260@yahoo.c Posted at 2016-8-23 14:08
Interestingly enough, I had the exact same camera issues a couple of weeks ago. After being told to  ...

So what was the issue with your P3P?  What was the problem?  DJI replace the Main board or Gimbal controller board?

My camera points to the left as well.  I know my gimbal arm is bent and a little askew.  Probably have that fixed to if it not too expensive.
2016-8-24
Use props
Royhicken
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE
Still having the same issue.
SOOOO, a friend of mine has the P3P as well.  He agreed to allow me to pull his gimbal assembly off and install it on my P3.  His camera/gimbal worked on my bird.  
Conclusion:  whatever processes and records pictures and videos in my gimbal assembly is bad.  New gimbal/camera $350.
2016-9-10
Use props
fans5b980fb3
New
Flight distance : 544150 ft
Argentina

Royhicken@yahoo Posted at 2016-9-10 06:23
UPDATE
Still having the same issue.
SOOOO, a friend of mine has the P3P as well.  He agreed to allow me to pull his gimbal assembly off and install it on my P3.  His camera/gimbal worked on my bird.  

Hi Roy! I know this is an old post but I’m having the same issue. We’re you able to fix drone by replacing the gimbal’s board?
Thanks for the info !
2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules