Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello All

I have just added the DJI IOSD MKII to my S900/A2 machine. I added this simply to get GPS coordinates when flying autonomous photogrammetry missions using ground station and GP Servo Action to trigger my sensors. From what I have read this should work.

Because I am not using it for anything other than recording flight data I have only connected the power cable and connected CAN port to the open port on the GPS which is connected to the CAN1 port on the A2.

I am able to download and review the flight logs  (both photogrammetry missions and non) but the GPS button always shows "No GPS data" even though I am sure they are flights where we flew waypoints and triggered the camera with GP Servo Action. I have tried to use the GPS export tool and it created empty logs with no data.

Any ideas what could be wrong or what could be done to remedy this issue?

Thanks
Mark

2016-8-24
Use props
mark
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any ideas here as to why it would record everything but GPS? I am using PC Ground Station and using the GP Servo Action to trigger cameras on a planned photogrammetry mission .
2016-9-11
Use props
emasongsong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49 ft

United States

Sadly I have the same problem using iOSDmkII for GPS export to calibrate a 3rd party sensor.  I can open the data files but nothing will export, just says "No GPS Data" which is very frustrating.  S1000+/A2/GroundStation with latest firmware and software for all components.
Anyone here able to export the log data effectively??

2016-9-14
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Hi guys this is a known issue that dji completely ignored and never delivered on the whole photogrammetry part of the s900 and 1000.  I the only way to get this done is to use a gps logger or to use Universal control ground Station which I personally think is a lot better then dji groundstation anyway.  That will give you the option to synchronize all your geotag to the pictures.  Another way is to use ground control points
2016-9-27
Use props
emasongsong
lvl.1

United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-9-27 18:39
Hi guys this is a known issue that dji completely ignored and never delivered on the whole photogram ...

Many thanks for the tip Flaviomjr, will check out the other GS software.  We are trying to pursue DJI HQ with this as we have invested a lot of time and money, luckily one of my coworkers is Chinese and can talk with them directly as the support folks won't deviate from their script, will report if we find anything new.  
2016-10-5
Use props
darko.car
lvl.1
Croatia

Hi guys, I am using A2 with Ground Station to make my photogrammetry work for few years now. Before A2 I had Wookong which is better in some way for me. Actully I have both birds at the moment and they are both working OK just the A2 has much better propulsion and is capable of flaying 15m/s for 40min.
Back to the issue: The way I am working is, FORGET about the A2 automation and just leave it for flying. What I am doing, shooting with the time lapse (interval) funkcion on my camera!! Since I am doing surveying work I always make few (5 at least) GCP's and forget about the GPS corrdinates. The final solution would be to install some PPK GNSS receiver (Klau geomatics) and have cenitmeter accuracy without the need to have any GCP's.
Do you have any news about the Ground Station?? That concerns me. It's been told that Google Earth is stopping it's support for API that DJI is using by the end of this year? What's gonna happen with it?
2016-10-9
Use props
fansabb5fe2c
lvl.1

United States

Sadly DJI tech support has been utterly unhelpful and just tells me to follow the directions in the manual.  Thanks.  It recognizes the iOSDii, but the ground station module won't even connect to the drone, and apparently GPS can't be collected without the Ground Station running the flight.  What a disappointment and waste of time, ugh.  If anyone has any recommendations for reliable, fairly precise arduino/pi sensors that can do GPS, tilt/accel/gyro, that would be very helpful.  

best,

-swansong
2017-1-19
Use props
yi4IBg4HEXee
lvl.1

Iran

In DJI Wookong GS
I will to action a servo in a waypoint
Help please
2018-2-12
Use props