Firmware can be found here http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads

Upgrade tutorial video

2016-8-25
Use props
amadeus1
lvl.2

United States

Hey there!

Any information on Motion Timelapse feature coming for the "normal" Osmo?

see: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=310081
2016-8-25
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

So there is no Focus assist or focus peaking, yet you still claim 'Precise Focus, aperture and zoom control'.

Are we going to get it - YES, OR NO???

This is what decides whether the unit can be relied on, or not.

2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

amadeus1 Posted at 2016-8-25 20:21
Hey there!

Any information on Motion Timelapse feature coming for the "normal" Osmo?

Sorry, no news about this yet.
2016-8-25
Use props
tima_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

It's incredible ! Almost five months have passed since the last firmware for OSMO PRO / RAW , and you add as many as two additional functions ... ???????? !!!!!!! The product has already released half a year ago and it is still not complete ! It is not serious! You urgently need to bring everything to the mind ! We paid a lot of money for OSMO PRO / RAW and we are entitled to use the full product version and not the circumcision something ....
2016-8-25
Use props
Jonathandear
lvl.2
Australia

Thankyou for the update! I look forward to trying my Focus Wheel in action now!
2016-8-25
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bl**dy hell. You release new firmware to enable a new focusing product BUT no focus peaking to actually use the new product!!
2016-8-25
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IMG_6624.JPG

You can hack focus peaking to work. I hope there is another firmware next week...
2016-8-25
Use props
Moshe.mmm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1320098 ft
  • >>>
Israel

Thank you for the update.
What about un a update for the regular x3 osmo?
Is it coming...?
2016-8-25
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

dopeytree Posted at 2016-8-26 01:37
You can hack focus peaking to work. I hope there is another firmware next week...

For the hack, you need an iphone and an Inspire...

...Unfortunately, I have neither of those.

Grrrrr!
2016-8-26
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-8-26 09:43
For the hack, you need an iphone and an Inspire...

...Unfortunately, I have neither of those.

Na any device. Open up the DJI Go App tap the inspire icon. Go to settings. Now turn on your DJI OSMO. Now back to your phone open up DJI Go App again. It should open the OSMO video feed but in the Inspire layout. Go to settings & choose peaking threshold & enjoy.
2016-8-26
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

dopeytree Posted at 2016-8-26 10:08
Na any device. Open up the DJI Go App tap the inspire icon. Go to settings. Now turn on your DJI O ...

Really??? With no Inspire in sight???

HAPPY DAYS!!!!
2016-8-26
Use props
jcap858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>

I tried without an inspire and it didn't work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. But I was thinking, by using the inspire interface for focus peaking, you probably won't be able record sound.
2016-8-26
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

dopeytree Posted at 2016-8-26 10:08
Na any device. Open up the DJI Go App tap the inspire icon. Go to settings. Now turn on your DJI O ...

Didn't work for me either. Apparently because I have never connected an Inspire previously. I cannot get into the settings menu.
2016-8-26
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-8-26 19:08
Didn't work for me either. Apparently because I have never connected an Inspire previously. I cann ...

Ah I didn't think of that. Well anyway I think they only released this firmware extra quick because DJI accidentally shipped out the new focus wheel early. So this firmware makes them 'work' & they'll add a new firmware with focus peaking soon. I hope so anyway as I have a wedding next week I wanna use this at. All we actually need is the option to select 'peaking threshold'
2016-8-26
Use props
plamarque
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11827 ft
  • >>>
Australia

yes focus peaking would be nice but please fix the wake up from sleep too. Everything works except...video feed (both android and IOS)! Discussed in another thread but please fix asap since the battery lasts 10 mns... stand by mode is really compulsory on the Osmo Pro. Carrying an inspire battery (which I do) is really not convenient and elegant at the moment....
2016-8-29
Use props
nrwray
lvl.1
United States

I've heard that the focus wheel can control more then just focus.  I can't seem to find any documentation on how to do this.  Does anyone know how to use all the functionality of the focus wheel?

Thanks,
Niel
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

nrwray@mac.com Posted at 2016-8-30 09:13
I've heard that the focus wheel can control more then just focus.  I can't seem to find any document ...

Hi, focus wheel can also change aperture, you can find the switch in DJI GO app
2016-8-29
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi can you talk to the TECH TEAM & find out if focus peaking is coming??
2016-9-1
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-8-30 02:50
Hi, focus wheel can also change aperture, you can find the switch in DJI GO app

This is good to know for us who change aperture a lot. Thanks
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

dopeytree Posted at 2016-9-2 01:20
Hi can you talk to the TECH TEAM & find out if focus peaking is coming??

I did, I would like that too, it's up to the engineers to decide...
2016-9-1
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just used the X5 latest firmware for a wedding. There is still a bug in the which the sound settings resets on power down. I.E the recording sound setting & internal mic turns off. More importantly it resets the camera exposure each time you power down. You shouldn't have to change this on every time you turn the camera on. These are basic features of any camera..
I'm looking at investing in the X5RAW for the next step in quality but at the moment we're still lacking basic functions.

The OSMO X5 is absolutley great kit & footage looks epic but DJI just need to refine & polish it off. Really could have used focus peaking & constant sound recording just to help cut the video with.

Is there a better way to report these bugs? DJI really could do with some real life BETA testers because simple bugs keep getting through & it's just annoying.

2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

dopeytree Posted at 2016-9-4 07:07
Just used the X5 latest firmware for a wedding. There is still a bug in the which the sound settings ...

Thank you for your feedback, we're already aware of this issue and is working on it
2016-9-4
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Added support for the DJI Focus Handwheel, enabling precise focus, aperture and zoom control"

Please DJI explain how it is possible to 'precise' focus with the handwheel

Just to inform you in case you never actually test these products, it is not possible to focus X5 from a low quality feed on a phone screen, without any focus assist options.

Autofocus is not reliable for accurate focus, it often misses focus or completely unable to establish focus.

So the only reliable option is to set small aperture and hope for the best.

2016-9-7
Use props
info.exxes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448573 ft
  • >>>
Germany

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-9-7 18:37
"Added support for the DJI Focus Handwheel, enabling precise focus, aperture and zoom control"

Plea ...

Same Problem here. I installed the latest Firmware for Osmo Pro and the latest version of the DJI Go app. The lens I use at the moment is an Olympus 25mm 1.8 (this one is in the official compatibility list of DJI).

I've followed the lens calibration steps but still AF is a somewhat trial and error show.. Sometimes it will be dead on straight away - at other times it takes up to 3 seconds or more where it pumps from infinity to macro and then misses the focal point in the end. If I repeat focusing it will be o.k. after 2 or 3 more tries...

I personally feel that AF performance has somewhat degraded after the firmware update. Can anyone here confirm this?

As many others I really look foreward to the Focus Handwheel - however without focus peaking it is more or less useless...
2016-9-8
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

info.exxes Posted at 2016-9-8 13:28
Same Problem here. I installed the latest Firmware for Osmo Pro and the latest version of the DJI  ...

I agree, it takes several tries to get AF to focus.
But problem is you can't confrim focus on the phone screen because there is no focus assist and the video feed is low quality.
So if you are shooting with a wide aperture, you will likely get out of focus footage from the X5
2016-9-8
Use props
info.exxes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

REFERENCE GUIDES disappear...

I found a strange behaviour with the reference guides. When I set a reference guide - e.g. 2.35:1 it shows up - BUT - as soon as I tap the screen to focus or start video recording (even without focusing) the reference guide disappears again. Is this by design? I find it quite helpful if the reference guide would stay there during recording...
Anyone else has this problem?
2016-9-8
Use props
info.exxes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

rj74@me.com Posted at 2016-9-8 14:45
I agree, it takes several tries to get AF to focus.
But problem is you can't confrim focus on the  ...

Yes - "funny" thing is that wide aperture and shallow DOF is one of the reasons why people buy Osmo pro.

2016-9-8
Use props
westjm0924
lvl.1

dopeytree Posted at 2016-8-26 08:37

woah...  May I ask how you did that?  I'm a pro cinematographer but not a "hacker"...  Any instructions available?
thanks
JW
2016-9-13
Use props
westjm0924
lvl.1

dopeytree Posted at 2016-8-26 08:37

I should have read further... got the answers.  Sorry to bother you.
2016-9-13
Use props
jcap858
lvl.4
  • >>>

New update to Go app. Focus peaking is here!!!!!! Praise the Lord !!!!
2016-9-17
Use props
info.exxes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

jcap858 Posted at 2016-9-18 05:43
New update to Go app. Focus peaking is here!!!!!! Praise the Lord !!!!

Where is focus peaking supposed to be??

I just updated to the latest Version (Android) and I simply cannot find any focus peaking option. The version info in the google play store also does not mention any focus peaking...

Are you perhaps using the iPhone version or do you use the inspire mode?

Thanks for any info!
2016-9-18
Use props
jcap858
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI updated the GO App for iOS for the OSMO PRO. Go to settings>camera>peak focus threshold.
2016-9-18
Use props
info.exxes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

jcap858 Posted at 2016-9-18 20:12
DJI updated the GO App for iOS for the OSMO PRO. Go to settings>camera>peak focus threshold.

Thanks! That's what I supposed. DJI has first rolled out the update for the iOS version. I'm using Android so I'll probably have to wait a little longer for focus peaking

Anyway... is it any good / reliable for real production work?
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

info.exxes Posted at 2016-9-19 02:19
Thanks! That's what I supposed. DJI has first rolled out the update for the iOS version. I'm using ...

It will be there, very soon. Sometimes iOS has features earlier
2016-9-19
Use props
info.exxes
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-19 10:49
It will be there, very soon. Sometimes iOS has features earlier

Thanks for the info!   
2016-9-19