When is DJI going to allow the pilot to pan & tilt the gimbal!!
2245 8 2016-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam
lvl.2
United States

I have an S900-A2-Zenmuse-GH4 setup that I desparately need an HD video feed for however as a single operator the Lightbridge 2 does not allow the pilot to fully control the gimbal...the pilot cannot pan and tilt mix the gimbal simultaneously!  I don't know why DJI would do this, it is such a basic capability for multirotors.  I've been flying various drones for the past 7 years and have had the ability to pan & tilt mix the gimbal through some straight forward channel mapping on the radio no problem (Futaba 14SG in my case).  Then DJI comes out with the LB2 HD video feed which is supposed to extend range and provide lower latency over the LB1, but low and behold they force you to a very restrictive RC LB2 radio!!!! What the F DJI?!?

Connex unfortunately is out of the question because it can only be used below or above the Zenmuse slip-ring so either you install below the slip-ring and get HD video with no OSD overlay (battery level is kinda important) or you install above the slip-ring and get both but now you have to run a cable down from the Connex air unit to the camera preventing 360 panning.
Basically what this tells me is DJI has abandoned its professional/"Industrial" single-operator users, so it's time begin looking for other manufactures whom haven't forgotten us!

If you too are a single-op and need HD video and pan/tilt mixing on the pilot radio please click the thumbs up Like button below and spread the word because this really sucks!

2016-8-25
Use props
santorini95
lvl.2
Flight distance : 126896 ft
South Korea

i also expect pan rotation in one remote controller system.
2016-8-31
Use props
adam
lvl.2
United States

Because DJI won't step up to the plate and add back-in the very basic capability of pan/tilt mixing control of the gimbal from the pilot radio on the LB2 here is a link to a way to do this using the Connex HD downlink that will also allow you to get DJI A2 telemetry from the controller through the gimbal slip ring...basically this setup by far exceeds the capability of the LB2 (longer range, less latency-zero-advertised, full control of gimbal)!!!!!
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Pan control is available for a single operator Lightbridge 2 as a C1/C2 option. Please ensure that all components are up to date with the latest firmware and that you are using the latest DJI Go app.
2016-9-22
Use props
adam
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-23 12:18
Pan control is available for a single operator Lightbridge 2 as a C1/C2 option. Please ensure that a ...

ok now you're being misleading...the LB2 CANNOT pan and tilt mix the gimbal simultaneously from the pilot radio, this is just a plain fact.  You can pan or tilt, but you cannot pan/tilt mix simultaneously.

So when will this be available????
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

adam@kalita.tv Posted at 2016-9-28 01:57
ok now you're being misleading...the LB2 CANNOT pan and tilt mix the gimbal simultaneously from th ...

Can you please verify what version of the DJI Go app you have and what version of firmware you have on your Lightbridge 2? A list of your set up would be preferred as well.
2016-9-27
Use props
adam
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-28 02:13
Can you please verify what version of the DJI Go app you have and what version of firmware you have ...

I don't own one yet...I and many others are waiting for the ability to fully control the gimbal before purchasing.  It is incredibly frustrating that this has not been enabled and really feels like DJI is leaving the single operator out in the cold.  If you guys really don't enable this option you're going to lose more and more professional single operators to other manufactures such as the Yuneec Tornado that has this option.

PLEASE have your developers add this option to the LB2 system!!!  In the meantime I have no other option but to go to Connex which has listened to professional single operators and provides an HD downlink that doesn't force you to a limited RC radio.
2016-9-28
Use props
uwe.haecker
New
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-22 20:18
Pan control is available for a single operator Lightbridge 2 as a C1/C2 option. Please ensure that all components are up to date with the latest firmware and that you are using the latest DJI Go app.

Hi Jamie, and for what did the LB2-Controller provide TWO-WHEEL-Controls? Just to be there?
That is very unprofessional!
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

uwe.haecker@aer Posted at 2017-5-26 23:17
Hi Jamie, and for what did the LB2-Controller provide TWO-WHEEL-Controls? Just to be there?
That is very unprofessional!

The wheel on the right hand side of is primarily used for ISO adjustments when used with a DJI gimbal like the X3, X5 etc. Since the ISO wheel does not move smoothly like the gimbal tilt wheel, it would not be a good candidate for a stand alone panning wheel.
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules