Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo X5R SSD Fan Noise
1017 4 2016-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gee_Gee
lvl.1
Canada

Please Please Please give us the function to turn off the fan while recording to SSD on the Osmo X5R !!
2016-8-27
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I'm sorry to say that it can't be turned off, because the heat would raise the temperature too much.
2016-8-28
Use props
Gee_Gee
lvl.1
Canada

DJI-H.C Posted at 2016-8-28 17:40
I'm sorry to say that it can't be turned off, because the heat would raise the temperature too much. ...

How about turning it off when shooting with the micro SD card only?

Then I can shoot sound and still have the benefits of micro 4/3 camera etc.
2016-10-7
Use props
Gee_Gee
lvl.1
Canada

Gee_Gee Posted at 2016-10-8 03:41
How about turning it off when shooting with the micro SD card only?

Then I can shoot sound and st ...

OR lowering data rates or using different codecs to reduce heat produced in the write process?

Its an awesome product but the fan is devastating.  I may have to return it as the fan makes it unusable for a lot of what I do.
2016-10-7
Use props
fans1adda5db
lvl.3
Flight distance : 427867 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gee_Gee Posted at 2016-10-7 11:45
OR lowering data rates or using different codecs to reduce heat produced in the write process?

Its an awesome product but the fan is devastating.  I may have to return it as the fan makes it unusable for a lot of what I do.

I was just on chat with Robert at DJI and he claimed there was a function in the DJIGo app that you can use to turn off the fan.  Unfortunately my battery is dead at the moment sine we just got the Oslo and more batteries don't arrive until tomorrow, but I'll check it out and let you know.  Seems reasonable that if you're only shooting on the SD card the fan isn't necessary.
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules