Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO causing Samsung S7 to restart
66457 420 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colin
New
South Africa

I see there are several people having conflicts with the DJI GO app on the Samsung Galaxy S7. On my S7, it causes the phone to restart as follows:

1) In use while flying my P3A - happens every time, but at different intervals
2) If I connect the S7 to the controller via USB cable and use pull-down menu to try change from "Charging" to "Transferring Media Files"(as suggested on some sites) - the phone reboots immediately.

I've tried going into the settings,changing to Developer Mode and activating USB debugging, but this hasnt helped.

All the firmware and updates have been done on the P3A, DJI GO app and the phone. And I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled - but still no luck.

It is proving extremely frustrating and making flying almost impossible.

This didn't happen with my S5, but I don't have that phone currently, so any help will be appreciated! Thanks ...
Screenshot_20160828-221227.png
2016-8-28
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

when the phone reboots as you select,  " transfer files..."
is the usb cable connected to the drone ?

does it reboot if nothing is plugged into the usb plug?
have you tried another cable?

if it reboots without a connection the issue is the S7 itself and a setting somewhere.
if it only reboots when connected try another cable.
also with device on and then off at first

good luck and have fun flying!
2016-8-28
Use props
colin
New
South Africa

It only reboots when connected to the controller via USB cable (tried various cables but same results) and with DJI GO running - either when flying, or when attempting to select Transfer media files on the drop down menu.

It isn't restarting or having any issues with any other connections, apps or in normal phone use
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello colin,samsung s7 is not in our device support list.It might be not compatible.Could you please try to change a original lightning cable or a mobile device ?
2016-8-29
Use props
jonathan.bowen
New
Flight distance : 216893 ft
Belize

I had this exact problem. Found that a theme I had installed caused this. As soon as I reverted to the default theme problem was solved. Hope this info helps you.
2016-8-29
Use props
colin
New
South Africa

jonathan.bowen@ Posted at 2016-8-29 15:46
I had this exact problem. Found that a theme I had installed caused this. As soon as I reverted to t ...

Also with Samsung S7? My phone is new, and I haven't added any new themes.
2016-8-29
Use props
colin
New
South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-29 10:37
Hello colin,samsung s7 is not in our device support list.It might be not compatible.Could you please ...

Will compatibility with the Samsung S7 be added as part of an update at any point?
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

colin@milemanme Posted at 2016-8-30 00:55
Will compatibility with the Samsung S7 be added as part of an update at any point?

You said it happens during flight then said also when you connect the USB cable.
It should only happen once when the cable is plugged in should you have to change the USB for Charging.
Are you saying that during flight it changes to USB for Charging and you have to swipe down and when you change it the app crashes?

On my S6 it now automatically fires up the GO app when I plug in the USB cable with the RC on and no longer have to swipe down. Hopefully this will happen on the S7 too.
2016-8-29
Use props
colin
New
South Africa

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-29 19:22
You said it happens during flight then said also when you connect the USB cable.
It should only ha ...

When I connect the USB cable between the controller and the S7, it immediately activates the DJI GO app as it should, but then also activates 'Charging Mode' on the phone. Attempts to change it from 'Charging' mode to MTP mode either does nothing or causes the phone to reboot immediately. I have deactivated the fast cable charging, but that hasn't helped.

I've managed to take off and fly (assuming the updates/changes were ok on a couple of occasions) - but during the flight the phone suddenly reboots. I've tried this with the phone and controller connected, and the drone on, but simply on the ground. It usually lets the DJI GO app run for a minute or two, and I can operate the camera, have full functionality of the P3A - but then the phone suddenly reboots.

I don't believe it's an issue with a faulty phone (as it doesn't happen with any other app or connection), but rather some conflict between the S7, the app and the controller - specifically as it goes into charging mode which can't be deactivated.
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

colin@milemanme Posted at 2016-8-30 02:26
When I connect the USB cable between the controller and the S7, it immediately activates the DJI G ...

Ok, I see now, I have reported it to the app team.
2016-8-29
Use props
jonathan.bowen
New
Flight distance : 216893 ft
Belize

colin@milemanme Posted at 2016-8-29 10:54
Also with Samsung S7? My phone is new, and I haven't added any new themes.

yes with s7 edge. was working perfect with dji go. I iinstalled a couple  themes and that caused by phone to reboot randomly when running dji go  app every time i flew. I couldn't figure out the problem but then thought about what I did  when the problem started and realized it must have been the themes I  installed. just try to install a theme then apply it,and revert back to  default theme see if that helps you
2016-8-29
Use props
windfun
New

New Zealand

jonathan.bowen@ Posted at 2016-8-30 08:35
yes with s7 edge. was working perfect with dji go. I iinstalled a couple  themes and that caused by ...

exact same problem here.... gotta give it another go tomoro but i think if you switch to charging mode could solve the problem at least it did for me but I only tried once s7 edge exynos version superman rom stock theme I just modded my phone because I needed multiuser support and Samsung suck at hiding important features as such!
2016-9-3
Use props
windfun
New

New Zealand

jonathan.bowen@ Posted at 2016-8-30 08:35
yes with s7 edge. was working perfect with dji go. I iinstalled a couple  themes and that caused by ...

sorry for the double post but I dont think themes has anything to do with it ;)
2016-9-3
Use props
rola.jarek
New

Poland

The same here. I have all the software updates both on Galaxy S7 edge and Phantom 4 and the phone keeps restarting. Anyone know how to fix that?
2016-9-4
Use props
rola.jarek
New

Poland

The same here. I have all the software updates both on Galaxy S7 edge and Phantom 4 and the phone keeps restarting. Anyone know how to fix that?
2016-9-4
Use props
j4rr3d
New

Czechia

Same problem here. Just bought a new phone, happy to try with Phantom...and bummer...restarting like hell. How come the most successful phone on the market and it is not supported by DJI? That's weird...wake up guys.
2016-9-5
Use props
michalip
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2412336 ft
Cyprus

My S7 Edge started doing this around a week ago
I believe it has something to do with the recent samsung patch....
terrible that we can use it
2016-9-5
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

j4rr3d Posted at 2016-9-6 01:24
Same problem here. Just bought a new phone, happy to try with Phantom...and bummer...restarting like ...

Why are you blaming DJI for this? The same software works fine on other phones, it is an issue with Samsung.
2016-9-5
Use props
andres_lol
New

Australia

Same problem here with P3A and S7 Edge. This issue appears after last Samsung update (yesterday in my case).  
2016-9-5
Use props
pipaphotowork
lvl.1

Indonesia

Same problem here, i use s7 edge with marshmallow and have no problem. But when update to nougat, my phone become very hot and restrat several time when use dji go
2016-9-6
Use props
user964f98de1d
lvl.1

Netherlands

Also having sudden restart problems. Using S7 Edge with 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Hope it will be fixed soon by either DJI or Samsung!
2016-9-6
Use props
jacejfrancis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2608 ft
United States

Having a similar problem with my S6 Edge+ and P3A.  Sometimes the phone shuts off right when I plug it into the controller, sometimes when I'm already in the air.  Almost lost the aircraft one time because of it.  Makes me uncomfortable flying because it happens about a third of the time.
2016-9-8
Use props
bjens
New
Flight distance : 355387 ft
Norway

andres_lol Posted at 2016-9-6 09:46
Same problem here with P3A and S7 Edge. This issue appears after last Samsung update (yesterday in m ...

I'll just chime in. I got the same problem with my P3A and a Samsung S7 with not fancy bells and whistles, just stock android which has just a week ago or so received a new security update.

Now it reboots pretty much like OP described.. sort of randomly. Instantly if I get the app running and pull the joysticks down to start the motors. After simply plugging the controller into the phone to start the app. After flying for a while and taking pictures... there really doesn't seem to be any meaningful pattern to it.

Also, I don't know if it's me whos done something odd or if it's related, but I swear the app/drone has started to dump both pictures and videos on the phone storage, rather than just videos (what it used to do on mine before the update at least).

@DJI, hope you guys have any luck fixing your app soon and as someone else posted, I'm blaming Samsung for not being able to distribute information about this soon enough!
2016-9-8
Use props
Eaglewolf
lvl.1

Same thing happened with my P4 and s7 edge. It was working fine until  samsung's latest firmware update.
Had several loss of contact with  p4 due to phone rebooting while flying. Had to hit return to home in order to get the p4 back as I was far enough away to make visual orientation very hard.
I tried a friends I phone and it all works fine so it has to be the Samsung update.
I tried the factory reset but it didnt work. it loaded the same firmware which doesnt work with dji go app
i was hoping it would restore to an earlier version of the firmware but it didnt.

(there doesnt seem to be a way to roll back the firmware like you can for dji)
Hope that helps.
2016-9-8
Use props
bjens
New
Norway

Eaglewolf Posted at 2016-9-8 21:39
Same thing happened with my P4 and s7 edge. It was working fine until  samsung's latest firmware upd ...

Yea, I think there are very few phones which offer rollback options. So factory reset is I suppose the only way for someone without a spare device of some sort.. I for my part found me an old android tablet.
2016-9-8
Use props
user03c70c40a2
New

Netherlands

Same here, connected my new s7 edge today. It was able to update the firmware and now it crashes when i start the dji go app. Immediate reboots my s7. Please help us Samsung flagship / dji flagship users!
2016-9-8
Use props
user03c70c40a2
New

Netherlands

Same here, connected my new s7 edge today. It was able to update the firmware and now it crashes when i start the app. Immediate reboots. Please help us Samsung flagship / dji flagship users!
2016-9-8
Use props
soproductions.g
New

Grenada

I too have been having trouble with a restarting Samsung Galaxy s7. At first mid flight... most recently, upon app start. Bought the s7 specifically to use with the P4, thinking a top of the line phone would work flawlessly. Not happy that it's not been working as it should. Please advise if/when there will be a fix for it.
2016-9-8
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-5 18:39
Why are you blaming DJI for this? The same software works fine on other phones, it is an issue wit ...

so true!

I never under stood why folks always blame dji for every phone/tablet issue
2016-9-8
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
United States

bjens Posted at 2016-9-8 14:24
I'll just chime in. I got the same problem with my P3A and a Samsung S7 with not fancy bells and w ...

I didn't think Samsung used stock android.
thus the issues they seem to have

Always thought they has there custom overlay over top of android,
that made them "SAMSUNG" per sea!  
Very customized operation and interface

I thought the Nexus line and Motorola Pure were the only true stock android devices.
2016-9-8
Use props
grdzelidze1985
New
Georgia

Same problem here.

Perhaps this problem will soon be improved (((((((((
2016-9-8
Use props
usera091b2c02d
New

Philippines

I have the same problem with my S7 phone after phone update
2016-9-9
Use props
usera091b2c02d
New

Philippines

I was using S7 phone to fly both my p3a and p3p with no issues before s7 phone update. Now s7 reboots by itself in midflight several times before the drone could even come back to home. I used a friends s7 that have not been updated yet and it works fine. Then i borrowed another friends updated s7 same thing happens. Its clear to me the new phone update is not compatible with dji app. Now the solution is either dji or samsung will make the first move to solve the issue.
2016-9-9
Use props
josh.vernon.rog
lvl.1
Flight distance : 699482 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Also having same problem here after update... also imo it's not DJI's reposibility to fix this isssue but it most certainly is in their best interests to look into it as soon as possible.
2016-9-9
Use props
qsg2547
lvl.1
Indonesia

user964f98de1d Posted at 2016-9-7 03:15
Also having sudden restart problems. Using S7 Edge with 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Hope it will be fixed soo ...

Same here..
Samsung S7
Tried a friend phone...  same also....
Really bad....

Both phone has updated the latest samsung patch
2016-9-10
Use props
sabrinusx
lvl.1
Greece

Same with the Litchi app (using DJI SDK) and the DJI app on Samsung S7 Edge.

I´m pretty sure it has something to do with the latest Samsung Firmware Update.

Has  somebody contacted DJI for a fix?
(I think we won´t see a Samsung Update soon - so best is if DJI can fix it)
2016-9-10
Use props
pawel.paczkow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 103593 ft
Poland

!!!! TUTORIAL HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITCH LATEST S7 FIRMWARE !!! Everything you do at you own risk!

Only way to fix is downgrade firmware. It is very easy procedure.
You need to do:
1. download latest Odin http://odindownload.com/
2. find correct version of firmware to your phone. Go to http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model
Search Galaxy s7 and filter model , region. Be carefull! Wrong version may brick your device!!!
In my way samsung  is SM-G930F region Poland (XEO). Firmware with error is G930FXXU1BPH6 and I downloaded previous version G930FXXS1APG3. Check release date, they not sort. Unzip the file. You will see 5 files.
3. Next step is full wipe your phone, if you need make backup!! Turn off security option like Find your phone etc. Delete samsung account. In setting go to the factory setting and do it. After phone reboot I turn it off
and press in the same time volume UP, home and power. In recovery wipe data and cache reset too. Turn off phone.
4. open Odin app with admin. Press BL and choose file of firmware with first BL letter. Next AP and Ap file - may couple of second to load the file, next CP and CP file. !!!IMPORTANT!!!! In CSC you need to choose HOME_CSC... DO NOT CHOOSE ONLY CSC!!!
5. Phone is off, press volume down, home and power, you will see warning about custom rom. Press volume up to continue. You are in Downloading mode.
6. Connect phone to computer. In odin need to see ADD in log. If you don't check usb driver, reinstall or odin support.
7. In option tab only check Auto Reboot and F.reset time.
8. If every thing is ok press start and wait  for reboot.After downgrade don't update phone I select manual update.

I tested full battery time and any problem!
After downgrade you don't lose warranty KNOX  is still 0x0 !!!!!!!!!!

2016-9-11
Use props
bjens
New
Norway

pawel.paczkow@g Posted at 2016-9-11 13:44
!!!! TUTORIAL HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM WITCH LATEST S7 FIRMWARE !!! Everything you do at you own risk! ...

Standard procedure when adding a custom rom so I agree this probably will work. Though I think only for the europeans who has the s7 Exynos? I believe there were some talk about the US version being locked down.

But regardless, I don't think it's a good plan to start modifying as you say, it might brick the phone :/ It's pretty much like shooting sparrows with AAA guns when it comes to fixing a problem. I'll say it again, I think it's Samsungs fault, but like someone else said, it is in DJI's best interest to fix it both for their customers who's already bought pricey equipment and to perhaps get a PR up against Samsung. Not that they need it now with their exploding phones and all but.. yea :p
2016-9-11
Use props
yEtMPuhiWbI4
New

Germany

Hey … I am having the same issue. Samsung S7 android version 6.0.1 keeps restarting with DJI Go App. Has anyone contacted Samsung yet? Any news or updates? This issue makes using the drone impossible.
2016-9-11
Use props
claw
lvl.1

Poland

Hello. The same problem i was on LG Fino. DJI repaired the problem on next DJI Go version. This was 2 years ago.
At present i use Galaxy s7 and i cant use dji go application, meaby DJI can fix this error in the future?
I tested 2.8.3, 2.8.4 and 2.9.0 app version, but problem is still present.
2016-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules