8030 58 2016-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gpgayosa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111962 ft
Philippines

Hi Everyone!
Has anyone experienced their Galaxy S7 Edge constantly rebooting in a given set of intervals when connected to the Remote Controller of the Phantom 4 with DJI GO app ver 2.8.4? It does not behave like this before the DJI GO APP got updated? Im not sure if this is an app or a phone firmware issue...

When connected to my Galaxy S6e with DJI GO APP 2.8.2, the phone does not restart like the S7 edge

TIA!
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello gpgayosa,if it's convenient, I'd suggest you to try to reset your phone to factory, then reinstall the latest DJI Go app.
2016-8-29
Use props
gpgayosa
lvl.2
Philippines

Ill try tomorrow, but I think that wont do any help. I have tested it on another galaxy S7 edge and it still hangs. And by the way we are running on the most recent version of android for our smartphones
2016-8-30
Use props
gmccurdy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

I have a S6 and I ran into a problem where when I would plug it into the RC via the USB it would reboot the phone (As though I turned if off and then back on.).

Mine turned out to be a bad USB cable and it apparently was shorting out the phone and causing the reboot.  The cable was very tight too.  I changed cables and it stopped doing that.

I don't know what it is with the USB cables, but some get very warm at the plug end.  I think USB 2.0 was designed for less than 2 amps, and I think the newer chargers are more than that so they heat up and might be damaging the jack or plug.
2016-8-30
Use props
eric7
New
Flight distance : 17051 ft
United Kingdom

I'm having this problem too.  Doesn't happen on my Galaxy tab
S7E had an update a few days ago which I would suspect is the culprit
Hope DJI takes note and sorts this out with Samsung - it doesn't happen with any other apps on my S7E - just DJI GO
2016-8-30
Use props
eric7
New
Flight distance : 17051 ft
United Kingdom

Getting this too.  Wierd that S7 shouldn't be a supported phone...
2016-8-30
Use props
damianmorey
lvl.1

Saint Lucia

It happens with mine too. I did a firmware update on the S7 a couple of days ago and since then it's been happening too. Reinstalled the app and same thing. Tried it with a different device and it works fine. My conclusion, it doesn't like the latest S7 firmware.
2016-8-30
Use props
edin.romain
New
Flight distance : 2848 ft
Canada

Same exact problem here !
2016-8-30
Use props
barttuxas
New
Lithuania

i tryed dji go and dji pilot apps. olds versions. nothing helped for me. another phone i thing works good. plobem here can be on new S7 sofware update.
2016-8-31
Use props
gpgayosa
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-30 15:17
Hello gpgayosa,if it's convenient, I'd suggest you to try to reset your phone to factory, then reins ...

I have finally tried the factory reset, still the same after that. DJI needs to check on this FAST. Our P4 is grounded unless this is fixed
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gpgayosa Posted at 2016-9-1 16:28
I have finally tried the factory reset, still the same after that. DJI needs to check on this FAST ...

Could you please change a device in our recommend list?
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
S7 might be not compatible with the APP.
2016-9-1
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

Same thing started happening to my S7E only 24hrs ago following an update a few days ago. It has to be the S7 Firmware update, as the app was running smoothly ever since the phone was acquired months ago.
I'm in the middle of a job right now so this blows considerably. I'm researching to revert back from the recent update, to see if it fixes it... I don't like my chances.

Mindy, please communicate to the team that suggesting 'recommended' devices isn't acceptable. I understand your retreating back to a safe zone of recommended devices, but we as consumers do not accept THE latest smartphone to not be compatible with your high end products. We pay good money for your line of goods, so please get your team to ensure compatibility with most new smartphones. You can't restrict the market down to a handful. Contact Samsung if you must and work it out. I don't know how you go about it, but make it happen for the good of customer satisfaction. It is evident your client-base desires the S7.

Cheers,
Yorick
2016-9-1
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

Does anyone know how one would go about rolling back from the recent S7 Edge update?
And was it a software or firmware update? I can't even remember, I didn't pay that much attention to it, my fault.
2016-9-1
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

And FYI http://www.gsmarena.com/newscomm-18343.php issues across the globe with the latest update. At least we're not alone... Meaning Samsung should dish out a fix with haste. One would hope...

In the meantime, I'll finally give the LITCHI APP a go as it's also compatible with the P3S.
2016-9-1
Use props
gpgayosa
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-1 19:08
Could you please change a device in our recommend list?
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, i ...

DJI Mindy thats the issue, It was working with the S7 edge perfectly before. but same as the thousands DJI owners who also uses the S7e. it suddenly stopped. I hope you can do something on your end of the software to counter this error. In the latest S7e Firmware, I think they change some security protocols that I think by theory is conflicting with your current DJI GO / Controlller Issue.

And please test it on your end by using the DJI GO app. I have confirmed even if I use the my Phantom 3 Advanced, I still get a reboot
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gpgayosa Posted at 2016-9-2 08:46
DJI Mindy thats the issue, It was working with the S7 edge perfectly before. but same as the thous ...

OK,I'll pass this issue along to the appropriate team for review.Thanks for your feedback.
2016-9-1
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

Mindy I'm stuck in a country that won't allow me a purchase of the LITCHI app because of location restrictions so I'm heavily reliant upon DJI to support us on this problem.
Can you please keep us updated on your findings with your tech team?
I have a drone photography business to run, with active jobs, and I can't purchase another phone just on that basis.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-9-2 12:29
Mindy I'm stuck in a country that won't allow me a purchase of the LITCHI app because of location re ...

Could you please record a video of this reboot issue? I'll help to escalate it.
2016-9-1
Use props
rune10
lvl.1

Switzerland

Here i made a Video of the Problem http://sendvid.com/5wscfcd7
2016-9-2
Use props
userb398bd4c8e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2703514 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have the exact same problem with my S7 Edge and my Brand new P3P. Hope for a fast fix.
2016-9-2
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-2 12:59
OK,I'll pass this issue along to the appropriate team for review.Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Mindy,

What rune10 gave you as a video is bang on the money.
The restart will happen randomly.
I have succeeded in purchasing a copy of the Litchi app by circumventing the restrictions, and regretfully similar issue with Lichi. This I suspect distances DJI from the issue, but we as loyal customers would still appreciate your tech experts' insights on this matter.

Having done a job this morning with the drone, I have noticed that at low altitudes such as 1-15m the issue rarely occurs. I can maintain low altitude operations without the loss of signal, the remote LED going red, or the app restarting the phone. But once I breach 15-20+ the restart will occur more and more frequently. At around 40-50m, it's practically impossible to maintain the app running, the phone will restart. I keep jumping in and out of the app to avoid this, but that of course doesn't resolve the issue.

The remote maintains full control so it has to be linked to the wifi signal as it gets weaker whilst altitude increases? I'm not that smart when it comes to these things, but a process of elimination might get us to a fix...

Other side effects I've experienced is that the phone heats up more during app operations now.
I'm a believer that the main issue lies with Samsung. But our chances, as a small DJI GO app user clientbase, of making them accept this are minimal. You, on the other hand, should have more pull. I'd recommend your techs contact Samsung for details of the latest firmware for an in-depth check on what could have caused this sudden drastic change.

Thank you for your time, and for supporting us despite the circumstances.
2016-9-5
Use props
grdzelidze1985
New
Georgia

omg I have the exact same problem with my S7 Edge . Hope for a fast fix. ((((
2016-9-6
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-2 12:59

Hi Mindy,

Are you able to provide us some feedback?
Is the tech team even aware of this major issue?
What's their plan of action?

Again we understand that the S7 isn't yet in your recommended list of devices but that shouldn't be an issue given the device holds all the latest technology its predecessors did or better. I'm sure if DJI's Techs put their minds to it they could isolate what Samsung did in the recent update and work with that for a DJI software update.

Thank you
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-9-7 14:04
Hi Mindy,

Are you able to provide us some feedback?

Sorry it's Samsung system's error,maybe we could not solve it on our end. But our engineers will keep improving our DJI GO APP.
2016-9-7
Use props
userc599f02fce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232146 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

So Mindy you "say" we buy a new phone an "iPhone" just for DJI Phantom? Nope sry i m not idiot.
You are a DJI member your work is contact with the Samsung and solve the problems... Or give my drone money back...
2016-9-10
Use props
plasrobin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

Same problem here
2016-9-10
Use props
william.suivant
lvl.1

Martinique

Grrrrrrr I have the same problem!!!!!
2016-9-11
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-8 14:21
Sorry it's Samsung system's error,maybe we could not solve it on our end. But our engineers will  ...

I appreciate that Mindy. But are you going to leave your many clients in the dung just because "it's Samsung's error" or is DJI going to show proactiveness and dig deeper into the issue?

It's very easy to point the finger, and in this case it's valid, but we're not in high school anymore. A caring company would take the lead, contact Samsung for their recent firmware updates, and see if a temporary fix can be done/suggested until such time as Samsung accepts the issue and brings out a further update.
And 2 apps (DJI & LITCHI) not working doesn't mean it's Samsung's fault per say. It just means your app is not 100% compatible with that new phone's technology. Litchi being the same app essentially, it suffers the same symptoms.

Yes the S7 is not on your recommended list but said list has been the same for quite some time now. Might be about time the techs gave it the attention it deserves and broaden the device list? The S7 and the iPhone7 are now out on the market and being bought furiously by million. Time to get to work please. We pay DJI good money, and I'm contemplating buying a P3P... Or should I now...?

A reminder of your commitment to us, and I quote: "Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues", and "our engineers will keep improving our DJI GO app". It is quite vague with no commitment of frequency. Like me saying my hotel will continue to improve guest services. It's an empty statement unless results are provided. Consider this the right time?

Thank you for your understanding.
2016-9-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-9-12 09:21
I appreciate that Mindy. But are you going to leave your many clients in the dung just because "it ...

You need to understand that DJI design their app according to the Android set of commands, not a special app just for Samsung. If Samsung choose to come out with an update that stuffs up the compatibility, it is Samsung's responsibility to fix the problem. Mindy has already said their engineers cannot solve the problem.

The fact that both the Go Apop and Litchi both fail on the Samsung platform must tell you it is a Samsung issue. Get off DJI's case.
2016-9-11
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

Samsung has its head in the sand (like the 6.0.x usb default program select removal for example) and appears to be conceding the drone market to Apple, hows that for corporate 'vision'.... brilliant!
2016-9-11
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-12 11:00
You need to understand that DJI design their app according to the Android set of commands, not a sp ...

I understand what you mean by the design of the app. Yet I beg to differ, I reckon there's more to it. It's not always black & white.
Getting off DJI's case is easily said for a non S7E user (I assume), try putting yourself in our shoes. Us who are now grounded till further notice.

DJI saying it's not their problem isn't helping, all the users are asking is for DJI to lead a proper investigation by calling upon Samsung's assistance. Individual users such as us have zero push against Samsung, but a company such as DJI might just be able to get us the answers we need to understand the sudden issues. Also realise that Samsung have got no clue on this issue and refuse to give it a smidge of thought? Why would they for a random app? This may likely carry on for months, or forever until DJI do decide to make it a mission to resolve it for the masses.
2016-9-12
Use props
linflas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 169370 ft
United States

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-9-12 17:50
I understand what you mean by the design of the app. Yet I beg to differ, I reckon there's more to  ...

This is the issue, without the two working together it won't happen.

I was going to purchase the Phantom 4 yesterday, just happened to do a search to make sure there were no issues with my S7E, and I came across these threads.  They have lost a sale, not like they care, but I feel for all of you.  Hope it gets resolved soon.
2016-9-12
Use props
mjanzou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14820 ft
United States

linflas Posted at 2016-9-12 09:32
This is the issue, without the two working together it won't happen.

I was going to purchase the  ...

Considering samsung is the apple of the android world, this entire situation is laughable and avoidable, its like the blind leading the oblivious....
2016-9-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-9-12 19:50
I understand what you mean by the design of the app. Yet I beg to differ, I reckon there's more to  ...

Actually, I have a Samsung S6 Edge+ as my phone, but I bought an iPad Air 2 to use with my Phantom. Why? Because my research showed me that the Air 2 was the most reliable device I could use. Remember, Samsung is South Korean, DJI is Chinese, and the two countries don't get on all that well.
2016-9-12
Use props
lightningshark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398 ft
Australia

FYI there is a related thread on this here..http://forum.dji.com/thread-62084-1-1.html
2016-9-13
Use props
Tiborc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46877 ft
Slovakia

I have same exact problem ! {:4_142:}
2016-9-14
Use props
mochorm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 940148 ft
Canada

Tiborc Posted at 2016-9-14 04:53
I have same exact problem !

Same issue on theSamsung  S2-710 after upgrading to v2.8.4 Rolled back to v2.83 and problem solved!
Tablet is dedicated to my bird only, so it's real obvious the updates are the  sole problem.

Upgraded to the newest android v2.9 hoping that would fix the problem, WRONG it is even worse!

I think it's pretty sad reflection on DJI to be shoving out these updates when so many users are having problems!
And even worse telling people to go buy several year old technology (Android only, hmmm) so they can fly their hi tech Phantom.
2016-9-14
Use props
evs
New

Sweden

Just to put some pressure, I am also having the same problem. Phone restarting out of nowhere when flying P4.
2016-9-14
Use props
user055ef10a31
New

Kosovo

I got same problem dji support pls help
2016-9-17
Use props
aelyafi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458904 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Same problem here!  I hope you have a solution soon.
2016-9-18
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules