Firmware update killed Ronin-M
3936 7 2016-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djamesvideograp
New

Just updated GCU to 1.6 and IMU to 1.4 and now I'm unable to connect my iphone app to the Ronin. I can control the motors via the software program, so motors still work, but when I try to do anything on the app all I get is "Please turn off motor kill in "more" first". When I try to turn off motor kill it says "device is calibrating, you cannot turn on "motor kill". Please tell me this is a simple fix?
2016-8-31
Use props
djamesvideograp
New

Now it shakes like crazy and makes loud noises and won't connect.
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

djamesvideograp Posted at 2016-9-1 14:31
Now it shakes like crazy and makes loud noises and won't connect.

Are you still able to connect to the Ronin Assistant Software, or does it not work on either one?
2016-9-1
Use props
djamesvideograp
New

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-2 05:23
Are you still able to connect to the Ronin Assistant Software, or does it not work on either one?

Yes, I can connect via usb.
2016-9-1
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

djamesvideograp Posted at 2016-9-2 06:29
Yes, I can connect via usb.

For every update you do you must reset everything (ronin, app, etc) to default settings, if not it wont function properly
2016-9-3
Use props
fans64fb8ff1
lvl.1

United States

Did you find out a solution to this? I have the same issue. I can't calibrate or Auto Tune Stability my device.
2017-3-23
Use props
Konstantin922
New

United Kingdom

I have this issue, clicked the new update through the DJI assistant app and straight after the update was done the Ronin seems as if Motor Kill is on, this has put me out of work now!!! Does DJI have a solution for this yet?

I have double check that all my physical connections are all good including the battery being in properly. Running out of options need urgent help on this issue.
2017-5-15
Use props
fans8543dfc2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278675 ft
South Africa

Konstantin922 Posted at 2017-5-15 16:13
I have this issue, clicked the new update through the DJI assistant app and straight after the update was done the Ronin seems as if Motor Kill is on, this has put me out of work now!!! Does DJI have a solution for this yet?

I have double check that all my physical connections are all good including the battery being in properly. Running out of options need urgent help on this issue.

Hi There
Took out the ronin after few years, I updated the firmware now I have same problem as the one you describe. Do you remember if you found a solution?
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules